Of course 6 22.22%
Definitely 2 7.41%
There were other female vocalists in Fleetwood Mac? 19 70.37%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 27. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-25-2010, 03:24 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
I have to say the '94-'95 version of Oh Well was my least favorite. I didn't mind that it became a duet, but Dave Mason's solo was a typical Dave Mason solo (very similar to the Only You Know And I Know solo, IMO), which really didn't suit the song all that well. I also thought it got a little schticky.

And, this coming from the "King of Dave Mason fans"!

I'm shocked...........& stunned....

...yeah....shocked & stunned!
Old 05-25-2010, 10:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiliD View Post
And, this coming from the "King of Dave Mason fans"!

I'm shocked...........& stunned....

...yeah....shocked & stunned!
I think I gave up that throne years ago, and, for the record, I was always more of a Fleetwood Mac fan. I just got tired of explaining why Dave wasn't a "wannabe" on alt.music.fleetwood-mac. It's not that the solo was bad, but it just didn't fit the song.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 05-26-2010, 12:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I like Bekka's voice but the group wasn't FM with her in my opinion.

Speaking of pretty Bekka, do you guys think she was part of Vince Gill's
marriage break up a few years back?
Old 05-26-2010, 03:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamnotafraid View Post
I like Bekka's voice but the group wasn't FM with her in my opinion.
Fleetwood Mac hasn't been "Fleetwood Mac" since Peter Green left.

See? I can play the same game. Both comments are intrinsically false. "Opinion" or not.

Quote:
Speaking of pretty Bekka, do you guys think she was part of Vince Gill's marriage break up a few years back?
No...Amy Grant was.
Old 05-26-2010, 04:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Fleetwood Mac hasn't been "Fleetwood Mac" since Peter Green left.

See? I can play the same game. Both comments are intrinsically false. "Opinion" or not.
Play what game? I was just giving my opinion.
What's the deal on the short fuse?
Old 05-26-2010, 05:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Play what game? I was just giving my opinion.
What's the deal on the short fuse?

"Short fuse"?? Hardly. Maybe if this was October 1995, sure...but after a decade & a half of reading inane comments about how "Fleetwood Mac wasn't Fleetwood Mac with Bekka" , I don't see where that counts as "short fuse". It's been a long tiresome road.
Old 05-26-2010, 05:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
"Short fuse"?? Hardly. Maybe if this was October 1995, sure...but after a decade & a half of reading inane comments about how "Fleetwood Mac wasn't Fleetwood Mac with Bekka" , I don't see where that counts as "short fuse". It's been a long tiresome road.
Chili, Chili, Chili. It's okay *pats back* It upsets me to see you mad/riled/tired/bored of some people's inability to communicate properly/enraged.

Oh Yeah Christine McVie | Tumblr
Old 05-26-2010, 05:42 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I think Chili's used to being poked with a stick repeatedly (i.e. iamnotafraid's post) -- but I'd be real careful with the condescension, little ButterCookie.....
Old 05-26-2010, 05:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I'm not trying to be condescending I'm not tall enough

Oh Yeah Christine McVie | Tumblr

Last edited by ButterCookie; 05-26-2010 at 05:57 PM..
Old 05-26-2010, 07:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Ah yes those were the days....
Old 05-26-2010, 10:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I was amazed to discover Stevie and Bekka had appeared onstage together at least once. On the myspace of long-time session drummer Danny Darling, he tells of being Rick V's drummer (after Rick had left FM), and one time Rick was doing a show in Nashville with Billy B and Bekka, and they had a surprise that night -- Stevie joined them on stage and finished out the set with them!

Quote:
I was Rick Vito drummer in Nashville. Rick was an x Fleetwood Mac member. We played a gig at the Sutler in Nashville Tn along with Beckka Bramlet on Vocals, Rick on Lead and Vocals, Billy Burnett on Guitar and vocals and Dennis Belfield on Bass and Luck me on Drums. We had a surprise that night and it was Stevie Nicks who came on stage a finished out the gig with us.
http://blogs.myspace.com/dannydarling

Now that was a night someone should have taped!

Anyone know of any other time Stevie and Bekka may have performed together?
Old 05-27-2010, 10:08 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artemis View Post
I found this great video of Bekka singing Gold Dust Woman -

Admittedly, she sounds fantastic. Even if I don't like her singing Gold Dust Woman, she has one hell of a voice xD

The more I listen to it, the more I like it. Gaaah. I'm really tempted to give Time another try now... I've got it set to skip on shuffle in itunes >_>
WOW!!!!! I am blown away!!!! That is fantastic! I was unable to see FM on this tour so I obviously missed out. Bekka really nailed "Gold Dust Woman". That performance was great. I love the arrangement too. That slow dobro intro and Mick on the talking drum was killer! Maybe a little less dramatics in the middle and a little more variation on the electric guitar but other than that, I'd say it was awesome!! They needed to have Mick's drum miked all the way back to the drum kit so we didn't lose the beat he had going, but "oh well".

Don't get me wrong, I like Stevie's contributions to the Mac. Some of them I absolutely love (Beautiful Child is one of my favourite FM songs of all time), but I'm just not a "drink the Kool Aid" devotee like some on this forum. Not everything FM revolves around Buckingham/Nicks. Lest we forget, Lindsey had long since left the band by this point, Stevie was pissed at Mick so she was gone and Christine didn't want to tour for "Time". What was the band supposed to do? Leave out all of Christine and Stevie's material completely? Not on your life! If FM toured without playing at least some of that material, fans would have been howling for refunds, despite their vilification (sp?) of Bekka and her performance. It's just sad that people couldn't accept her and the band for the place they were at that time. Dave Mason's contributions weren't that spectacular, not horrible by any means, just not that great. Was he trashed? Not really. For whatever reason, Rick didn't continue with FM at that point. I think if he had, "Time" would have been a stronger, better CD and the tour would have been awesome as well. Plus, I just didn't get the combo of Pat Benatar, REO Speedwagon and FM. It just didn't seem to fit for me.

Anyway, thanks for posting this killer video. Very much appreciated.
Old 05-27-2010, 10:16 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by chriskisn View Post
Don't worry too much, the post-rumours fans amongst us can be a bit touchy.

You should listen to Time though, if only so that you can say "I didn't like that".

The argument is an old one though - Bekka doesn't get the respect she deserves because she was a follow-up to Stevie Nicks - very big shoes to fill. However, if you sit down to appreciate Bekka for her own talent, and forgetting that she replaced Stevie, and forgetting if you want that she was even in Fleetwood Mac, I think you'll discover a very talented woman with a knockout voice.
100% agreed!!! Couldn't have said it better myself.
Old 05-27-2010, 10:18 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by chriskisn View Post
Grrr...you just had to bring that up didn't you

God love ya brother!!!
Old 05-27-2010, 10:22 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjpdg View Post
If FM toured without playing at least some of that material, fans would have been howling for refunds, despite their vilification (sp?) of Bekka and her performance. It's just sad that people couldn't accept her and the band for the place they were at that time. Dave Mason's contributions weren't that spectacular, not horrible by any means, just not that great. Was he trashed? Not really.
I can only go by the show I saw in October '94, but, the crowd was VERY supportive of the Fleetwood Mac lineup that played that day. I didn't hear ANY disparaging comments either during or after the show (regarding Bekka; there were some people who didn't think Dave Mason fit, but they didn't say he was "bad")....so, I just wonder how the whole "bash on Bekka" movement got started.