User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 02-24-2006, 12:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidMn
I was actually going to go to Wendy's for lunch but instead I had this Rotini pasta thing fromthe deli at the grocery store today.
So how's your exercise regimen going, Dave? you know ... the one you told all of us you were going to start about three months ago & asked everyone here for advice about & support for ...

Wendy's for lunch? do you do that often?
Old 02-24-2006, 12:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiliD
Pedialyte isn't just for kids, either. When I was going through my health debacle last year, one doctor said that going on a "liquid only" diet, one that included Pedialyte, for four or five-day stretches a few times a year is good.

Really? Wow. I've always heard bad things about liquid diets, but that was in the context of losing weight. Is a liquid diet hard? I imagine it would be.
Old 02-24-2006, 12:24 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by David
So how's your exercise regimen going, Dave? you know ... the one you told all of us you were going to start about three months ago & asked everyone here for advice about & support for ...

Wendy's for lunch? do you do that often?
No, not really. I've been walking about 2 miles a day. I'm trying to fit some other things in too, but it's not easy. I am down about 5 do far. NOt great, but I'm working on it. Thank you for asking btw.
Old 02-25-2006, 09:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I don't believe in diets. They don't work...I mean - they do - but it's usually not long-term.

So I'm on an eating right and exercising regiment. I am cutting down on portions - because mine are WAY out of control - and I'm going back to the gym. You don't get results as quickly as a fad diet - but a lifestyle change is the only proven and long-term "diet" that works!

I'm a big proponent of just eating right and exercising...it's always worked for me
Old 02-26-2006, 08:37 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrummerDeanna
I don't believe in diets. They don't work...I mean - they do - but it's usually not long-term.

So I'm on an eating right and exercising regiment. I am cutting down on portions - because mine are WAY out of control - and I'm going back to the gym. You don't get results as quickly as a fad diet - but a lifestyle change is the only proven and long-term "diet" that works!

I'm a big proponent of just eating right and exercising...it's always worked for me
I think that's why Weight Watchers can be so successful. You're not supposed to call it a diet-- it's a lifestyle change. And believe me, it has been a huge change for me. I'm losing weight slowly which is a pain, but I know it's the best way to do it.
Old 02-26-2006, 11:09 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jannieC
I think that's why Weight Watchers can be so successful. You're not supposed to call it a diet-- it's a lifestyle change. And believe me, it has been a huge change for me. I'm losing weight slowly which is a pain, but I know it's the best way to do it.

Oh are you doing Weight Watchers? That is a GREAT program. My mom and I did it when I was in high school and I lost 25 pounds...without exercise lol - but it taught me SO much. The program is a bit different now - they didn't do the points thing when I was on it - but my sister is currently doing WW and she's looking and feeling wonderful.

What really helps me is that now WW has a nice line of sweets! I love their chocolate cake, it really helps when I'm craving something sweet but don't want to undo all of my hard work
Old 02-26-2006, 11:40 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Weight Watchers is the best. I'm a lifetime member and go back every once in awhile if I have to lose abit.

Old 02-26-2006, 12:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrummerDeanna
What really helps me is that now WW has a nice line of sweets! I love their chocolate cake, it really helps when I'm craving something sweet but don't want to undo all of my hard work
I consider myself blessed by not having a sweet-tooth. I could stand here & look at a sumptious array of candy & desserts, & not feel the slightest interest in eating any of it.

But I'll take a second helping of shrimp omelet in a flash!

Why do so many more women than men have a sweet-tooth? Is it in a woman's chemical makeup?
Old 02-26-2006, 12:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Why do so many more women than men have a sweet-tooth? Is it in a woman's chemical makeup?
I don't know, but I do know that when I'm p.m.s.ing, there isn't a chocolate bar on this earth big enough to satisfy me.

Old 02-26-2006, 03:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I consider myself blessed by not having a sweet-tooth. I could stand here & look at a sumptious array of candy & desserts, & not feel the slightest interest in eating any of it.

I don't know- but you're lucky.

My sister and I both have major food issues. If I'm going to a party or something and I know there will be tons of goodies there..I seriously agonize about it - and don't know how I will keep myself from eating them. ugh.

Food issues suck. They're not so bad that either of us have eating disorders - we don't binge or anything like that - but still....food is in an issue and I hate that!
Old 02-26-2006, 04:01 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Fighting foh the Nohthun Stah...NO SPEED LIMIT! BITCH! THIS IS THE FAST LANE!!!

Quote:

It's because we smoke more pot, David.
Actually, it's because we need to release more feel good serotonin and endorphins to deal with your dumb asses. (men). Makes sense now, doesn't it?

(there is an actual semi scientific reason, I just forgot exactly what it was.)

Whehyll I can do EHYT!! Wehyll I can make it WAHN moh thihme! (wheyllit'sA reayllongwaytogooo! To say goodbhiiy!) -
Old 02-26-2006, 04:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Fighting foh the Nohthun Stah...NO SPEED LIMIT! BITCH! THIS IS THE FAST LANE!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cliffdweller
Really? Wow. I've always heard bad things about liquid diets, but that was in the context of losing weight. Is a liquid diet hard? I imagine it would be.
You know about fasting, right? Fasting is good for you, and a liquid diet is fasting. If you get books about fasting, the liquids suggested will be more specific and will probably not be pedialyte, but most animals and humans have fasted throughout history for health reasons....we just don't do it cause we're gluttonous pigs.
In case anyone is wondering "why is fasting good for you?" - think about it - all your organs get to rest and clean themselves out - they're not busy digesting food all the time. It's a good purification tool. It's good for your colon as well.

Whehyll I can do EHYT!! Wehyll I can make it WAHN moh thihme! (wheyllit'sA reayllongwaytogooo! To say goodbhiiy!) -

Last edited by amber; 02-26-2006 at 04:13 PM..
Old 02-26-2006, 05:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by amber
You know about fasting, right? Fasting is good for you, and a liquid diet is fasting. If you get books about fasting, the liquids suggested will be more specific and will probably not be pedialyte, but most animals and humans have fasted throughout history for health reasons....we just don't do it cause we're gluttonous pigs.
In case anyone is wondering "why is fasting good for you?" - think about it - all your organs get to rest and clean themselves out - they're not busy digesting food all the time. It's a good purification tool. It's good for your colon as well.
My Chemistry teacher told us this last year and I thought she was out of her mind, but now that I know more about it, fasting can be good. I just don't think I can do it...On school days I only eat twice a day..Once at noon for lunch and once at dinner...
Old 02-26-2006, 05:24 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by AliceLover
My Chemistry teacher told us this last year and I thought she was out of her mind, but now that I know more about it, fasting can be good. I just don't think I can do it...On school days I only eat twice a day..Once at noon for lunch and once at dinner...
Yeah, fasting is hard. Eating not that often per day is different, btw. You wanna be careful with that. In fact, you should just eat more often. Also, the worst thing you can do is go without breakfast. It's hard for me, too, to eat breakfast.

Old 02-26-2006, 06:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by amber
Yeah, fasting is hard. Eating not that often per day is different, btw. You wanna be careful with that. In fact, you should just eat more often. Also, the worst thing you can do is go without breakfast. It's hard for me, too, to eat breakfast.
The only reason I can't eat breakfast is because 60% of the time it upsets my stomach when Im in school. I think its because im really rushed in the morning...but who knows.