Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 02-08-2005, 08:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by irishgrl
Im sorry Hinckley MISSED! (GASP!)

Reagan singlehandedly began the decline for women and children and the elderly and the poor and the vets the INSTANT he and Nancy got into the White House, all the while Nancy was busy refurbishing White House decor and sprucing up the dinnerware at $1000 a place setting! When I recall the Carters WALKING up to the White House to save gas during the gas shortage and being frugal their entire tenure, it makes me GAG to see such decent people vilified whilst the likes of Ron (evil empire) Reagan spend on themselves and shortchange the rest of the country. PUH LEEZ. Of course, you were probably in diapers when all this happened or you wouldnt be putting that jerk on a pedestal.

Let us not forget how he turned his back to the AIDS crisis. Or how he supposedly ended the Cold War (what a joke). His evil knew no bounds.

Old 02-08-2005, 08:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Im sorry Hinckley MISSED! (GASP!)

Reagan singlehandedly began the decline for women and children and the elderly and the poor and the vets the INSTANT he and Nancy got into the White House, all the while Nancy was busy refurbishing White House decor and sprucing up the dinnerware at $1000 a place setting! When I recall the Carters WALKING up to the White House to save gas during the gas shortage and being frugal their entire tenure, it makes me GAG to see such decent people vilified whilst the likes of Ron (evil empire) Reagan spend on themselves and shortchange the rest of the country. PUH LEEZ. Of course, you were probably in diapers when all this happened or you wouldnt be putting that jerk on a pedestal.
Reaganomics...where I want to be! The 80's rocked because of Reagan and "Tango In the Night"
Old 02-08-2005, 08:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dissention

Let us not forget how he turned his back to the AIDS crisis. Or how he supposedly ended the Cold War (what a joke). His evil knew no bounds.
Yea just like liberals, blame AIDS on Reagan
Old 02-08-2005, 08:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brwn_eyes0511
Reaganomics...where I want to be! The 80's rocked because of Reagan and "Tango In the Night"
Yeah, Reaganomics worked really well. *sarcasm*

Old 02-08-2005, 08:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Yea just like liberals, blame AIDS on Reagan
Just like conservatives, deflect the truth by rolling your eyes and playing dumb.

Old 02-08-2005, 08:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
By that scale, the same could be said for that piece of human scum known as Poppy Bush. And if Reagan wasn't a joke, I don't what was.
Well I never said I was a huge fan of Bush Sr. he was way to moderate.
Old 02-08-2005, 08:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Moderate? The same man who said that atheists should not be called Americans?

Old 02-08-2005, 08:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

Old 02-08-2005, 08:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Brown eyes, you missed something

you say Liberals blame AIDS on Reagan, thats not what Diss said: he said Reagan TURNED HIS BACK on AIDS.
another thing: Reagan/Bush had their hands dirty up to their eyeballs in Iran/Contra but claimed "deniability".......and let ol whats his name (GAD, having a senior moment!) take the fall (and YES I KNOW you think he was dirty too Diss!)

aha! Ollie North! it just came to me, but I left the other in because its funny!

Old 02-08-2005, 08:24 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
you say Liberals blame AIDS on Reagan, thats not what Diss said: he said Reagan TURNED HIS BACK on AIDS.
another thing: Reagan/Bush had their hands dirty up to their eyeballs in Iran/Contra but claimed "deniability".......and let ol whats his name (GAD, having a senior moment!) take the fall (and YES I KNOW you think he was dirty too Diss!)

aha! Ollie North! it just came to me, but I left the other in because its funny!

Ollie.North.

The only two words next to "Ann Coulter" that make the hairs on my arms stand straight up on end.

Old 02-08-2005, 08:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default I know

Quote:
Ollie.North.

The only two words next to "Ann Coulter" that make the hairs on my arms stand straight up on end.
Ive seen your posts on him in the past! I personally dont think hes as bad as you do, but then I like Clinton too! so just cover your ears and go lalalalalalalala whilst you read this!
Old 02-08-2005, 08:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Ive seen your posts on him in the past! I personally dont think hes as bad as you do, but then I like Clinton too! so just cover your ears and go lalalalalalalala whilst you read this!
Oliver North is a treasonous, drug-addicted bastard. He should have been banished from this country and forced to live with very people he helped by arming them with weapons. He made a mockery out of everything and he got off without even so much as a slap on the wrist. If I saw him lying in the middle of the road and dying of thirst, I wouldn't even spit on him.

Old 02-08-2005, 08:37 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
By that scale, the same could be said for that piece of human scum known as Poppy Bush. And if Reagan wasn't a joke, I don't what was.
I think RR was a nice guy I could have been friends with outside of politics. But, although I think he did a few good things like ending the cold war (certainly not on his own and Russia was failing anyway, but he had a hand in it and he befriended Russia afterward) and the deregulation of the banking industry (though the final result of that was not quite what it should be) - almost all of his other policies were either heartless or a pander to the neocons (who were emerging in full force then). I mean he allowed people to buy companies and then force them into a pseudo sort of banruptcy so they could sell them off in peices and also raid the pension plans and essentially STEAL money from the participants. A good example of this is Eastern Airlines. Plus, he negelected the medically needy, insane, and poor in this country in a way that would have made Christ get off of the cross and slap him upside his head while opining "I did not die for this" What did you NOT get about "Whatever you do unto the least of these, you do unto me?"

So, in the end, I cannot see any conclusion other than as a whole RR's Pesidency was a failure and many died because of the neglect he advocated.
Old 02-08-2005, 08:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Oliver North is a treasonous, drug-addicted bastard. He should have been banished from this country and forced to live with very people he helped by arming them with weapons. He made a mockery out of everything and he got off without even so much as a slap on the wrist. If I saw him lying in the middle of the road and dying of thirst, I wouldn't even spit on him.
ITA (though maybe not legally treasonous) - and he was never convicted - sadly so

His lack of conviction on a technicality makes me ill. As noted by one as wise as moi - even the appellate court went out of their way to note that he was guilty but the conviction must be overturned

Last edited by strandinthewind; 02-08-2005 at 08:41 PM..
Old 02-08-2005, 08:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
. . . ps: Ford was ok as a PERSON, but I can NEVER forgive him for Pardoning NIXON . . .
Like he had a choice - he had no such thing.