User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 07-11-2005, 07:51 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by darklinensuit
I don't eat mint anything. It's like eating toothpaste.

- Jake
I don't mind mint chocolate chip ice cream every now and then but that drink was gross. Two sips and it was in the trash. I can't even describe what it tasted like.
Old 07-11-2005, 10:17 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrummerDeanna
yikes I'm not big into coffee - but donuts? I love - however as I just weighed myself today - I won't be eating any donuts for a long time...

So no trip to Tim Horton's for me - it will remain a mystery.

And yeah - sadly -I've been to more bad restaurants than good up here - I miss the good food of the southwest
Really? I can't help much with Rochester restaurants, but let me know if you want to hang in Buffalo sometime. I did try Ethipoian food at Abyssinia - very good & very reasonable.

Oh, and please treat yourself to Timmy Ho's. Don't listen to Catinthedark, she's going straight to hell for posting bad things about them .

Quote:
Originally Posted by GardenStateGirlie
I don't mind mint chocolate chip ice cream every now and then but that drink was gross. Two sips and it was in the trash. I can't even describe what it tasted like.

I went to the Taste of Buffalo yesterday (my favorite festival here, mainly cuz it involves so much food, lol) and had Mintopotomas Goo from Bing's. I'm not sure exactly what was in it, but it was ice cream & chocolate & I swear there were Girl Scout Thin Mints in there. It was tastey.
Old 07-11-2005, 11:14 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by skcin
Really? I can't help much with Rochester restaurants, but let me know if you want to hang in Buffalo sometime. I did try Ethipoian food at Abyssinia - very good & very reasonable.

Oh, and please treat yourself to Timmy Ho's. Don't listen to Catinthedark, she's going straight to hell for posting bad things about them .

Oh no - now I'm so torn lol.....well not really - I can't go there anytime soon - I'm not strong enough yet to resist donuts

And yeah - Buffalo is on my list of places to hang out actually - I want to try some Buffalo Wings in the home of buffalo wings
Old 07-11-2005, 11:29 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Oh no - now I'm so torn lol.....well not really - I can't go there anytime soon - I'm not strong enough yet to resist donuts

And yeah - Buffalo is on my list of places to hang out actually - I want to try some Buffalo Wings in the home of buffalo wings
You can have a donut if you want to! It's about balance.

Mmm, buffalo wings. I've wanted to see Rochester too. A friend of mine at my last job is from there and he loves it.
Old 07-11-2005, 11:30 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuzeQuze
You can have a donut if you want to! It's about balance.

Mmm, buffalo wings. I've wanted to see Rochester too. A friend of mine at my last job is from there and he loves it.

lol - I know - but right now I need to steer clear of junk food - completely - I tend to overdo it

**munches on bag of baby carrots**
Old 07-11-2005, 11:31 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
lol - I know - but right now I need to steer clear of junk food - completely - I tend to overdo it

**munches on bag of baby carrots**
Right, that flour/sugar/fat combo can really trigger a binge, it's like crack. Stupid donuts. I rarely eat them myself because they make you feel like crap after you eat them. But they're so yummy!
Old 07-11-2005, 11:33 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Right, that flour/sugar/fat combo can really trigger a binge, it's like crack. Stupid donuts. I rarely eat them myself because they make you feel like crap after you eat them. But they're so yummy!

I know - inevetiable I get sick after eating a donut lol - but I still love them

I threw out some candy I had in my house last night - I'm going to get serious about it this time - I scared the crap out of myself when I got on the scale this weekend - I just like to maintain - gaining sucks...so now I'm going to try and lose some then try and do a better job of maintaining
Old 07-11-2005, 11:38 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I know - inevetiable I get sick after eating a donut lol - but I still love them

I threw out some candy I had in my house last night - I'm going to get serious about it this time - I scared the crap out of myself when I got on the scale this weekend - I just like to maintain - gaining sucks...so now I'm going to try and lose some then try and do a better job of maintaining
Good for you, just always stay positive. Its so hard but the more you try the better you get at it. My body has changed so much in the past couple of months and it has really motived me to keep at it.
Old 07-11-2005, 11:42 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Good for you, just always stay positive. Its so hard but the more you try the better you get at it. My body has changed so much in the past couple of months and it has really motived me to keep at it.

I just needed a little nudge - this weekend I played Volleyball, Tennis and Basketball - then went for a long bike ride AND took my dog for a little run

So after I felt so good doing that stuff I remembered the great benefits of gym going (I've been slacking BIG TIME) and I do believe I'm finally ready to go back and really hit it big time!
Old 07-11-2005, 11:44 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I just needed a little nudge - this weekend I played Volleyball, Tennis and Basketball - then went for a long bike ride AND took my dog for a little run

So after I felt so good doing that stuff I remembered the great benefits of gym going (I've been slacking BIG TIME) and I do believe I'm finally ready to go back and really hit it big time!
Rock it! The motivation seems to ebb and flow. I forget what kicked me in the butt this spring but something got me going. Now, if only I could keep the motivation always. So far so good.
Old 07-11-2005, 11:49 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

Me too - I've been VERY bad. I'm planning on starting back at the gym tomorrow. No more excuses.

Dee - let me know when you're ready to "try those wings." We can meet up & hang or I can at least give you names & addresses of the best places.
Old 07-11-2005, 05:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by skcin
I went to the Taste of Buffalo yesterday (my favorite festival here, mainly cuz it involves so much food, lol) and had Mintopotomas Goo from Bing's. I'm not sure exactly what was in it, but it was ice cream & chocolate & I swear there were Girl Scout Thin Mints in there. It was tastey.
Mmmm....thin mints...
Old 07-11-2005, 06:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Mmmm....thin mints...
Blechh. I honestly don't care for girl scout cookies at all.

- Jake
Old 07-11-2005, 06:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Mmmm....thin mints...
Ben and Jerrys makes this awesome ice cream that tastes like these... Yum!
Old 07-11-2005, 06:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Ben and Jerrys makes this awesome ice cream that tastes like these... Yum!
I kniow, I was at Ben & Jerry's in Austin last weekend & I was the only one who had no desire to try it.

- Jake