User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 08-18-2006, 11:16 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Livia View Post
Like someone scribbled on him w/ a Sharpie while he was passed out drunk.
I would agree the tattoo is very poorly done. If he felt the need to get it done on his neck, he certainly choose an ugly style of script.
Old 08-18-2006, 11:18 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BTFLCHLD View Post
I would agree the tattoo is very poorly done. If he felt the need to get it done on his neck, he certainly choose an ugly style of script.
you know what bugs me the most? not that it's on his neck or the font, but that it's not proportioned! I guess it's my OCD, but one side has more words and goes higher than the other side. that drives me insane.
Old 08-18-2006, 11:31 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by JazmenFlowers View Post
that drives me insane.
I am too busy looking away. He is neither funny nor cute. I did however think his newspaper dress was one of his best. I can not stand Vincent and think the only reason they keep him around is due to his aging lack of success and the fact that they feel sorry for him. I base this on earlier comments made by the panel. Plus he creeps me out. And I will bet he has BO of some kind.
Old 08-24-2006, 11:01 AM
Addicted Ledgie

first off, I despise Jeffrey now. I mean he had a chip on his shoulder from the get go. Angela's mom seemed so soft spoken and really was just doing what all the other mother's were doing. and I didn't really get Michael Kors' comment about "it's just Stevie Nicks in black" - does that mean it basically nothing new?

Michael - I like it. I thought the belt was the worst part, but it really was a cute dress and suited her figure.

Kayne - honestly, I don't remember his outfit. I'll have to look it up. EDIT: after looking it up, I now know why I blocked it from my memory. she looked like sherbert. it just looked ill-fitted and I wasn't sure what was up with the scarf...I agree that he should have made something a little more revealing and spiced up her skintone with more color.

Laura - it was ok, but a little overboard (no pun intended). I would have liked to have seen a much shorter skirt and the scarf needed to be on in a different way.

Uli - cute. I think it was a little too flowy, but the colors were perfect for her skin tone. I hated that big ass necklace thrown on top of it.

Jeffrey - putrid. what else can you say?

Vincent - I hate to say it, but it was my favorite. I loved the colors and the cut of it. I just wish that cute collar had extended a little further back.

Robert - deserved to go. she kept fidgeting with that damn scarf part the whole time she was going down the runway. color was good though. it was gross and he was consistently boring.

Angela - same as Kayne's...forgettable I guess...I'll supplement. EDIT: this bitch is crazy. fringe on a damn dress? layered fringe? she ain't the brightest star in the sky. she needs to go next.

Last edited by JazmenFlowers; 08-24-2006 at 11:05 AM..
Old 08-24-2006, 11:09 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I was surprised vincent won only in that it was a nice design but upon closer inspection there appeared to be some fabric gathering in odd places, the collar seemed to stiff or perhaps mis-shaped, and I did not like the plain back at all especially due too the poorly sewn zipper. I thought Michael would have been a good choice but I was disappointed he didn't take the opportunity to show the reverse of the dress (when they brought the models back out.) Kayne, Robert and Jeffrey all made hideous choices with Jeffrey's being the worst (wtf was that?)

Jeffrey is a disrespectful ass. Mom was overly sensitive IMO but still Jeffrey would you want your mom spoken to in that way?
Old 08-24-2006, 11:28 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Michael's Stevie comment was because Angela was going for an Audrey Hepburn look, and ended up w/ Stevie Nicks.

I did like Vincent's dress.

Laura has 5 kids????
Old 08-24-2006, 11:33 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Livia View Post
Laura has 5 kids????
Isn;t that amazing! I love her attitude about adding one more to the brood.
Old 08-24-2006, 12:24 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Vincent's was my favorite. He is so damn kooky but I can't help but love him. I love it when he told Laura, "Why don't you stick some Harry Winston's up your nose!" Magnificent. I thought his dress suited Uli's mom well. I think he nailed it on the head.
Jeffery needs to grow up. If I was his mother and he said that to some lady he didn't even know, his ass would be grass.
Angela needs to be out of there 2 weeks ago. I can't stand her or her nostrils!

"I always return here..."
Old 08-24-2006, 12:47 PM
Banned

Jeffrey's mom is totally clueless. Even to the fact of how Jeffrey talks of being a homeless junkie, yet his mom refers to him as a recovering alcoholic. There's a big difference between the two.

Anyway, on to the challenge. It was all so boring, and underwhelming as MK likes to say. They were all so dull and safe that I could see why they chose Vincent as the winner. Uli and her prints, Laura and her necklines, Kayne's pageant chic designs, and Angela's 80's/crap creations. Fringe? Are you in the Ike and Tina Turner revue? I hate it! Jeffrey made Angela's mom look like Violet in Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory. I won't even get into Robert, who should have gotten the axe weeks ago. I have a feeling that Malan would have had some good creations had he not messed up so early.

Everyone is playing it safe, and they come up with the same crap week after week. The only one that really thinks about it is Michael. Even so, he is repetitive as well. I'm waiting for the prodigy to emerge, much like Daniel V from season two. Where are you?!?!
Old 08-24-2006, 01:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeschmike View Post
Where are you?!?!
here I is.

no, seriously, I totally agree. it's all getting REALLY boring.
Old 08-24-2006, 01:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BTFLCHLD View Post
I was surprised vincent won only in that it was a nice design but upon closer inspection there appeared to be some fabric gathering in odd places, the collar seemed to stiff or perhaps mis-shaped, and I did not like the plain back at all especially due too the poorly sewn zipper.

Jeffrey is a disrespectful ass. Mom was overly sensitive IMO but still Jeffrey would you want your mom spoken to in that way?
ITA - it wasn't bad, but to me it didn't look like it fit well. Bunched up in front & gave her a tummy bulge. For Vincent, it was pretty good. For anyone else, it wasn't up to par.

And I agree about Jeffrey too - she wasn't nasty about it, she just said it wasn't what she asked for and she didn't like it. What, was she supposed to lie? Jerkoff. I think that HE thought she was purposely trying to sabatoge him & give Angela an advantage, but it didn't look that way to me.

And the crying after Robert got booted? Please. He was crying with relief because he knew he should have been gone. "Others here aren't good people, but he is..." Oh, really? Are you a good person Jeff? Caling people evil bitches & saying you hgope they have strokes? Anyway, Robert has been dull dull dull lately, but Jeff simply ignored what his client wanted & made an unattractive garment that looked bad on her. Gross.

Michael - I didn't like the belt either, but the dress itself was fab. The reversed side looked very cool peeking out at the neckline & hem. Of course, he was lucky enough to have an "every day normal woman" with almost model proportions.

Uli - I think she should have won. Yes, it is her usual flowy gauzy stuff. But she uses different patterns together brilliantly, and this is what her client wanted. Like Kors said - the challenge was to design what your client wanted but to retain your style. She did that.

Robert - He didn't even try. Goodbye. Jeff is one lucky SOB.

Laura - for the first time, I hated her design. Looked like a flight attendant. Hated the high waist, hated the scarf. Pregnancy must be messing up her brain.

Kayne - Bad Lane Bryant. She did look like sherbet. She was much to young, vibrant & attractive for that. Should have done a print.

Angela - Fringe. Fringe. Um....fringe. On a classy 60something lady. Hmmmmm...I had to laugh at Korr's comment though - "this is Stevie Nicks in black." OK, I guess you mean Stevie Nicks in the 80's, when her wearing black wasn't always the norm? Cuz brother, she hasn't worn anything BUT black int he last 15 years.

Korrs' mother - how fabulous is she?!?! And how many facelifts has be bought for her?
I don't know who will win, I don't know who I want to win. I'm thinking Michael or Laura, but that could change real quick.
Old 08-24-2006, 03:11 PM
Banned

^^^LOVE Michael Kors' mom. She raised that boy right.

Another thing I loved that I forgot to mention earlier was when Heidi asked Uli's mom how she liked her garment in German. She even sounds sexy sprechen zie deutsche.
Old 08-24-2006, 05:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by skcin View Post
Laura - for the first time, I hated her design. Looked like a flight attendant.
yes. this is what I was trying to say.
Quote:
Korrs' mother - how fabulous is she?!?! And how many facelifts has be bought for her?
yep. and she's due for another, but I loved her look and those red glasses...HOT
Old 08-24-2006, 05:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I'm so glad Vincent won! I don't know why I like him, but I do! I was actually proud of him for finally winning. Because other than this, I can't remember a time when he wasn't in the bottom three.

I'm actually on Jeffery's side. He had the worst model and she was way too serious and was being a cry baby through the whole process. Angela clearly didn't fall too far from the tree. That whole family is wack! Yes, Jeffery was kind of mean, but I think Angela's Mother was trying to sabatoge the outfit. I am sure Angela informed her how much she hated Jeff.

Anyway, I thought Kayne's outfit was slimming on Michael's mother, however, it totally washed her out! All I could see was muted, boring colors. Maybe some hot pink would have been nice?

Robert: Snoooooze!!!!! What was he thinking? That looks like the same thing every "40 pounds overweight" woman wears. He should have made something more tailored. Something that didn't look like a sack! His model looked huge in it. And, she didn't look that huge when she was wearing her own clothes.

Michael: It looked like a maid's uniform. I didn't like it. It fit well, but it should have been much sexier and less conservative, as Heidi said.

Angela- get this woman off my screen! As if Stevie would ever wear something that horrible! And when Michael said "It looks like Stevie Nicks in Black", I thought "How redundant! When doesn't she wear black?" As if Stevie would actually wear that horrible thing.

Uli- Yawn!!!

Laura: Oh my! This was not good. It looks like Laura was not used to dressing an older woman. She was trying to be classy (as usual) and it was a good idea, but it just didn't look good. The proportions were all wrong. And congrats to her on being pregnant! How does she stay so thin after all those kids? Sheesh! You would never think she was a Mom since she is so sophisticated and posh. More power to her!

I think that about covers it.

I liked this episode. It was entertaining. It definately stirred the pot, getting their Mothers/Sisters involved. And, you know it was a weird episode when Vincent actually won!!!!

I miss Malan! That really sucks that we don't get to see what he would have done with these challenges.

We were frail...
Save us...
Old 08-24-2006, 05:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Vincent - The guy's a f*cking mess, and his designs are a f*cking mess. Send him home so he can get some therapy & beg for his old job back. He took garbage & made it look like....garbage. Good job, jerk. Putrid. That poor model almost broke her neck trying to walk in it. I love that Laura thinks he's a nutjob. What was with his comeback? "Stick some Harry Winstons up your nose!" Dude, maybe if you had said "ass" I would have some respect for you. Get some balls. And some vision. And some talent. And some.......
Wow! Tell us how you really feel! I think I am the only person in the whole world that actually likes Vincent. He is strange and his outfits mostly suck, but there is something about him that I like.

We were frail...
Save us...