Old 03-19-2015, 01:15 PM
Senior Ledgie

Nope.

Not a chance.
Old 03-19-2015, 01:17 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sue View Post
So the Europe tour ends in Dublin on July 10th.........
Next concert November 9th in Geelong .(so Far)
Can they make The Album in 3 months or less, we'll give them 2weeks off for a short vacation.
Then into the studio........
Methinks not......
Hmm. Probably not. But..they could probably get a lot more done on it! By then hopefully Stevie will have turned up with some material (if she's doing it), so production on it can start. We'll see though.
Old 03-19-2015, 01:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie

No. Stevie will do a bit of solo work. Whether that be a mini-tour or solo recording I don't know but there's nothing to indicate she has any intentions of recording for/with FM.
Hope I'm wrong, of course.
Old 03-19-2015, 02:01 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Most of the songs are done I guess.

If it was done like Stevie's 24K with no holdups and bickering aside I say yes.

If not I would be happy to see Stevie do a small tour to promote 24K before it gets anymore staler.

Stevie fan forever and ever amen.......
the Wildheart at Edge of Seventeen and the Gypsy.....

My sweet Buttons .I love you. RIP 2009 to 08/24/2016
Old 03-19-2015, 02:37 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Will Stevie and Lindsey write together the way Stevie and Dave Stewart write together? or the way Lindsey and Christine write together? I think the chances of SN & LB working together that way are slim & none...If Stevie participates and if she brings Dave in he will have a profound impact on the sound of her FM songs...Other than his addition of guitar & vocals LB's influence on her FM songs ( for maybe the first time ever ) will be minimal...
Old 03-19-2015, 02:50 PM
Senior Ledgie

They will sing together for sure. Whether it's backing vocals or a full on duet, but writing a song together? My vote is no.
I love when they all sing together: love in store, early live stuff, little lies. Behind the mask songs, much of say you will. Just a few examples.
Stevie has always done beautiful backing vocals for her self, which is nice too.
Just no out side vocals!! No Sharon or Lori. I love them but they don't belong in FWM's studio. Dave Stewart though? I appreciate his production. They've had outside producers before. It's good to have different opinions. Did I go off topic?
Old 03-19-2015, 02:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I'm trying to imagine what is more likely... a Stevie/Lindsey collaboration or a Stevie/Christine collaboration. More likely a Stevie/John collaboration!
Old 03-19-2015, 03:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie

No, I don't think that Stevie and Lindsey will be co-writers on a song, especially not any new songs and I don't see any reasons why they should be. They have never done so in the past and I don't think starting now would help band relations. Frozen Love doesn't exactly count. Co-writing is not their forte as a duo.

Now, if there are older songs, then maybe one of them might give it to the other. If Stevie has old lyrics, she might give them to Lindsey and he could do some music. We have speculated as to whether Deep Dense was a Stevie song, based on what Javier said. So, I could see that happening, Lindsey working and adding to a song she has already written years ago, but not them having to collaborate in real time together.

Michele
Old 03-19-2015, 06:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sue View Post
So the Europe tour ends in Dublin on July 10th.........
Next concert November 9th in Geelong .(so Far)
Can they make The Album in 3 months or less, we'll give them 2weeks off for a short vacation.
Then into the studio........
Methinks not......
perhaps. they already have Lindsey's and Christine's songs mostly done. so if they are working on Stevie's songs now, on the road...

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 03-19-2015, 06:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
If Stevie has old lyrics, she might give them to Lindsey and he could do some music. We have speculated as to whether Deep Dense was a Stevie song, based on what Javier said. So, I could see that happening, Lindsey working and adding to a song she has already written years ago, but not them having to collaborate in real time together.
no don't think they are / will be collaborating in real time, in the same room.

but i see a possibility of her giving him maybe either her newer poems, or skeletal songs (her description of his contribution to Landslide at Nashville show would fit that kind of scenario) to work on them. to be her catalyst.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 03-19-2015, 06:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
no don't think they are / will be collaborating in real time, in the same room.

but i see a possibility of her giving him maybe either her newer poems, or skeletal songs (her description of his contribution to Landslide at Nashville show would fit that kind of scenario) to work on them. to be her catalyst.
I think he's a catalyst through production efforts (i.e. the Landslide remarks she made the other night), not through writing things with her.

Michele
Old 03-19-2015, 06:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
I think he's a catalyst through production efforts (i.e. the Landslide remarks she made the other night), not through writing things with her.

Michele
could be. i don't know. and as you probably know, personally i don't really care. plus i think if he was someone else without their sordid history, he would have had co-writing credits on more than FL. whatever shape his catalytic activities take, if that means new songs he and Christine worked on will actually come out in this lifetime, i'm onboard with that.

and i also couldn't care less whether or not SN will bi*ch and complain about him ruining her songs two years later. i just want to hear all those songs we've been hearing about since 2012.

Old 03-19-2015, 06:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Once in a million years a lady like her...

Would write a song with equal ownership, with her archnemisis/greatestloveofalltime

So no.
Old 03-19-2015, 07:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post

and i also couldn't care less whether or not SN will bi*ch and complain about him ruining her songs two years later. i just want to hear all those songs we've been hearing about since 2012.
I care. I'd rather he not produce her songs and maybe not even play guitar on them, but just sing on them.

I don't want to hear it, because the complaints will last for a good 10 years. If there is a documentary in 2025, the complaints will be revived in that documentary. I don't want to go out like that. I loved Thrown Down and she doesn't. I'd like to get more of the magic they make together, but it's not magic to her any more and that makes a difference.

Michele
Old 03-19-2015, 08:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie

A big fat NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.What do I know.............LOL.......

But we never know with FM..

As far I know Lindsey worked out fine with his help on Stevie's Soldiers Angel.

Stevie fan forever and ever amen.......
the Wildheart at Edge of Seventeen and the Gypsy.....

My sweet Buttons .I love you. RIP 2009 to 08/24/2016