Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 03-20-2015, 10:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
just a speculation. discuss!
No, Buckingham has said that he can interpret her music (arrange it) but they have a hard time writing together because they start out as such polar opposites. But even Christine has said that she's tried writing with Stevie and wasn't able to either. Dave Stewart apparently just has the knack.
Old 03-21-2015, 03:03 AM
PenguinHead
This message has been deleted by PenguinHead. Reason: Where is the reason? Don't blame it on me.
Old 03-21-2015, 03:20 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivfox View Post
Gerald, I'm surprised you don't know this. It could never be credited as a Nicks song. During that particular photo shoot, Stevie was playing all the musical tracks that had just been laid down by Fleetwood Mac. When the future Can't Go Back came on, Stevie and the girls had already been singing The Wild Heart to it and were simply singing it for Annie Leibovitz at that moment.
Thank you Viv! You explained it more succinctly that I did, so I deleted mine.

Last edited by PenguinHead; 03-21-2015 at 03:39 AM..
Old 03-21-2015, 03:59 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfanforever View Post
Yea. I wish they would mash up two songs and release it someday.I love the arrangement on the dressingroom video.To bad she could not use Lindsey's mix for her studio version.It was heading to the Mirage album. I would die if FM starts playing Can't Go Back live and Stevie walks up to the mike and start singing "WildHeart". The casual would say "What the heck is that" Us FM fans would say."Oh my god".....

By wishful thinking. Maybe the "Wildheart ,Cant Go Back" combo mix could show up her next 24K album.I would love to see her recreate it like it was in the video.
They are two individual songs with no association to each other. That video clip that has been severely misinterpreted. Too bad.

Last edited by PenguinHead; 03-21-2015 at 04:06 AM..
Old 03-21-2015, 11:20 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by shackin'up View Post
Ha Ha, I usually don't know anything compared to people over here. Thanks for pointing it out.
Still, the basic idea of my story stands. I bet a lot of Lindsey's rough songideas or improvised tracks without a real destination became parts of arrangements. And that it was not always clear what was a cowrite or an arrangement.
agree. in different circumstances, i bet many of those songs, possibly including Landslide even from what she said about it just recently and from his video about how to play the guitar parts, would be credited as co-writes.

he does seem to have enormous respect for her as a songwriter, whether or not those songs were co-writes, arrangements or whatever.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 03-21-2015, 11:53 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by PenguinHead View Post
They are two individual songs with no association to each other. That video clip that has been severely misinterpreted. Too bad.
Yes .Thats what made it different.

Stevie fan forever and ever amen.......
the Wildheart at Edge of Seventeen and the Gypsy.....

My sweet Buttons .I love you. RIP 2009 to 08/24/2016
Old 03-26-2015, 10:58 AM
Ledgie

I very much doubt this album will be out this year at all. I hope I'm wrong but I can't see it.
Old 03-26-2015, 12:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChickenStu View Post
I very much doubt this album will be out this year at all. I hope I'm wrong but I can't see it.
Yea .I'm not loosing sleep over it.With the Mac .We never know.

Stevie fan forever and ever amen.......
the Wildheart at Edge of Seventeen and the Gypsy.....

My sweet Buttons .I love you. RIP 2009 to 08/24/2016
Old 03-27-2015, 12:20 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default LB Wants to Tour With Brand New Piece of Product

By Kevin Johnson St. Louis Post Dispatch, March 26, 2015

http://www.stltoday.com/entertainmen...05b399eea.html

Fleetwood Mac is 'On With the Show,' Christine McVie in tow

Fleetwood Mac is feeling more whole these days on its “On With the Show” tour.

“On with the show” has seemingly been the band’s motto. Even without keyboardist-vocalist Christine McVie, it had embarked on tour after tour. But after a 16-year absence, McVie — who wrote “Say You Love Me,” “Little Lies,” “Don’t Stop” and “Everywhere” — is back in the fold.

With McVie’s return, guitarist-vocalist Lindsey Buckingham says the group has come full circle. “It’s a little bit more complete.”

In Fleetwood Mac’s McVie-less years, Buckingham says he and Mick Fleetwood, Stevie Nicks and John McVie were “for the most part fine.”

“I certainly have no regret about those tours,” he says. “They were quite successful for what they were. You have to look at Fleetwood Mac as this band of people who maybe on paper don’t belong in the same band together, but the symmetry we create makes it work well.”

With McVie away, Buckingham says the band’s energy was different, though for him it was also a period of growth.

Nicks represented one end of the band, and he represented another.

“Now, with Christine, there’s a middle ground — a certain level of coherence,” Buckingham says.

“Christine is very grounded as a musician and the way she approaches her songs and her writing,” he says. “It’s all based around a different center from what’s mine or Stevie’s. And Christine being one of two females in the band, she provides some coherence on a social level for Stevie.”

Having McVie back in the mix means a new level of rehearsals is necessary.

“We needed to dust off Christine’s material, get that back up to speed in the context of the way we approach shows now,” Buckingham says. “It’s different from when she was last with the band. It’s not just about the individual songs. I’m sure we could do ‘Go Your Own Way’ with no rehearsal and do it fine. But it’s more to it than that. Each song is like a movie.”

At this point in the game, preparing for a tour is something that’s natural for Buckingham. “Obviously, the experience counts for a lot, and over time you kind of take it as your own kind of normal.”

He says Fleetwood Mac knows its fans are coming to hear the classics, such as “Gypsy,” “Second Hand News,” “The Chain” and “Landslide,” but the band is still working on new music. An album is about halfway finished, and Buckingham says it’s one of the best things the group has ever done. “It’s so brilliant, so meaningful to me.”

“You do come to that point of realization that maybe the audience isn’t that interested in new stuff. They’re coming to hear a body of work,” he says. “If the audience went away not having heard a lot of the hits, they would feel cheated.”

But Buckingham describes the band’s new album as a little bit of everything — in tune with the times while also being familiar.

“I don’t want to market anything that isn’t authentic,” he says. “I don’t think we can try to imitate anything. That’s the wrong approach. You go for what you like and put your own spin on it.”

The band members have been submitting music, including McVie.

“She said she was writing again, and she gave me a bunch of raw stuff to listen to,” Buckingham says. “I took liberties with it and did for her what I’ve always done. And I sent her a bunch of stuff of mine — song ideas I didn’t put melodies on. She came back with brilliant things.”

Whatever Fleetwood Mac comes up with, Buckingham expects it will be as timeless as the music in the band’s deep repertoire. He knows the band’s music is timeless; he hears its influences elsewhere.

“I hear our sound surfacing with different groups,” he says. “You don’t know if these kids are children of people who had these albums or what. I can hear a little bit of it in Haim. They’re great gals — really talented.”

Another album would naturally suggest yet another Fleetwood Mac tour is in the works.

“I don’t know — it’s hard for me to get a sense of it in any collective way because I know I don’t feel any differently than I did 30 years ago, physically and mentally,” he says. “I’m playing better, and creatively I’m at the top of my game. If it was just me, it’s an irrelevant thing to talk about now. But that’s not necessarily true of everyone. I can’t speak to Stevie or John or Christine.

“Mick is an animal. He’ll probably drop dead onstage one day.”

With McVie contributing to the album, she apparently will remain a part of the band for the foreseeable future.

After the current tour, Buckingham is sure the band will take a couple of years off to finish the album.

“I would be surprised if we didn’t go out with a brand-new piece of product,” he says. “I would be disappointed if we didn’t tour that. We have at least one last act out there.”

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited by michelej1; 03-27-2015 at 12:23 AM..
Old 03-27-2015, 01:16 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Haim again!?

"There’s nothing going on between you and me except that there will always be something going on between you and me. Until the day we die"
Old 03-27-2015, 02:44 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Great to read and then I hit the penultimate line.
That left me feeling rather deflated.
Old 03-27-2015, 02:53 AM
Addicted Ledgie

They will be too old to tour again.
Old 03-27-2015, 03:40 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I'm glad to hear to hear him still talking about the new album. It sounds like he and Christine made some great songs together. He seems very proud of their work and excited to release it. I think the album will be worth the wait. If it's going to take another year or two, I'm sure Stevie will eventually come around.

My only frustration is that this has turned into the never-ending tour. They must be running on autopilot, hence same set list night after night. I can't imagine how they avoid getting burned out and sick of each other. I'll feel better when the tour ends...lol.

In the aftermath, while we wait for them to finish their album, maybe they will release a DVD/CD of their current tour. Or maybe re-releases of Mirage and Tango in the Night with bonus tracks.

I certainly want their new album in physical form - vinyl and CD. Digital-only released music leaves a lot to be desired. I want hold and see it as much as hearing it, for it makes a stronger connection and identity.

Last edited by PenguinHead; 03-27-2015 at 03:55 AM..
Old 03-27-2015, 01:07 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jondalar View Post
They will be too old to tour again.
The Stones are getting ready to tour......
Old 03-27-2015, 01:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie

LB want's to tour "New Product"??? Guess he'll have to wait for 2017 since Stevie will most certainly take at least a year off at the minimum...They will save "New Product" for the next tour because they need a selling point to justify the high ticket prices...
Old 03-27-2015, 01:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I'd be down for a Lindsey/Haim collab.