User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 12-22-2013, 04:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sapphire Girl View Post
You would have been better off with purchasing an English grammar book and dictionary.
Who me or them.

Stevie fan forever and ever amen.......
the Wildheart at Edge of Seventeen and the Gypsy.....

My sweet Buttons .I love you. RIP 2009 to 08/24/2016
Old 12-22-2013, 05:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dex View Post
Glass houses are pretty. It's those pesky stones, though.
Lmao, so true.

We all make mistakes and errors.
Old 12-22-2013, 05:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
You would have been better off with purchasing an English grammar book and dictionary.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfanforever View Post
I happen to spot Duck Dynasty tee shirts at Walmart tonight.

I could used on for a rag earlier today.
Wow. OK .I see it .

It should read .

I could of used them for a rag earlier today on a job.

Is that better.

Sorry .I was tired and did not check it.

Old 12-22-2013, 05:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfanforever View Post
Wow. OK .I see it .

It should read .

I could of used them for a rag earlier today on a job.

Is that better.

Sorry .I was tired and did not check it.
I didn't even realize the errors until they were pointed out. We all do them from time to time. I don't know how many times I've edited a post on here because of errors.

I edited this post because I misspelled "they".
Old 12-22-2013, 05:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by I'msoAfraid95 View Post
I didn't even realize the errors until they were pointed out. We all do them from time to time. I don't know how many times I've edited a post on here because of errors.

I edited this post because I misspelled "they".
Yes I see that.

I dont recall mentioning this here on the Ledge.
As I see it .I'm doing better now then I was in school.
I had a bad time in school with a learning disability with reading and grammar plus some math .

With those issues in school I had to forfeit a dream career in radio broadcasting behind the mike.

Maybe thats another reason that I'm upset with all the crap programming that is on TV and radio.

An thanks to those to keep me on my feet with my errors.I do the best I can before I hit the submit reply button.

OK back to the topic.

Old 12-22-2013, 06:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Glass houses are pretty. It's those pesky stones, though.
Quote:
????????? Where is your Christmas cheer
Old 12-22-2013, 09:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I didn't realise that we had to use perfect English when writing in here?!! I certainly haven't been. It would get really boring if we were worrying about getting every message perfectly right...boring.....boring....boring...
Old 12-22-2013, 10:54 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoonSister75 View Post
I didn't realise that we had to use perfect English when writing in here?!! I certainly haven't been. It would get really boring if we were worrying about getting every message perfectly right...boring.....boring....boring...
Don't forget the fact that we're from different parts of the world. We spell things differently and use different phrases.
Old 12-22-2013, 11:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
and don't forget that sometimes we post when we are drunk...
Old 12-23-2013, 08:55 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jondalar View Post
and don't forget that sometimes we post when we are drunk...
that's the only time i come on here

Imagine paying $1000 to hear "Don't Dream It's Over" instead of "Go Your Own Way"

Fleetwood Mac helped me through a time of heartbreak. 12 years later, they broke my heart.
Old 12-23-2013, 09:04 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Yes! My intention was to respond humorously to what I felt was a needlessly snide comment. Now that the initial comment seems to have been deleted, I hope mine hasn't come off wrong. Sorry guys! I'm not an asshole! I swear! (I pretty much am, though)

I'm pretty laid back about spelling and grammar, as long as I can understand what you mean. If I can't, I will ask you to clarify. That's all it takes. No big thang, IMO.
Old 12-23-2013, 09:22 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Yes! My intention was to respond humorously to what I felt was a needlessly snide comment. Now that the initial comment seems to have been deleted, I hope mine hasn't come off wrong. Sorry guys! I'm not an asshole! I swear! (I pretty much am, though)

I'm pretty laid back about spelling and grammar, as long as I can understand what you mean. If I can't, I will ask you to clarify. That's all it takes. No big thang, IMO.
Well I'm glad I just had a quick check on here. No no no...I didn't mind you post at all, I thought it was very humorous, and to the point in a really good way. I was thinking earlier, I hope my post didn't come off in the wrong way to Dex (it definitely wasn't a dig at you). It even crossed my mind to send you a PM. I enjoy your very well written posts and everyone else's who write in their own way. I just hated the thought of people holding back from posting.

Anyway, thanks for your message.... I really must get out of the house now...

I'm sure there are some errors in here....but never mind.....
Old 12-23-2013, 10:28 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Well I'm glad I just had a quick check on here. No no no...I didn't mind you post at all, I thought it was very humorous, and to the point in a really good way. I was thinking earlier, I hope my post didn't come off in the wrong way to Dex (it definitely wasn't a dig at you). It even crossed my mind to send you a PM. I enjoy your very well written posts and everyone else's who write in their own way. I just hated the thought of people holding back from posting.

Anyway, thanks for your message.... I really must get out of the house now...

I'm sure there are some errors in here....but never mind.....
You're such a diplomat! I really appreciate the flavour you've brought to the forum since joining.

You can always PM me, m'dear. And that goes for anyone. Don't think about it too hard. I love the PMs. Seriously. It's borderline fetishistic.
Old 12-23-2013, 01:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
You're such a diplomat! I really appreciate the flavour you've brought to the forum since joining.
Oh thanks, that's kind of you

Quote:
You can always PM me, m'dear. And that goes for anyone. Don't think about it too hard. I love the PMs. Seriously. It's borderline fetishistic.
OK, I seem to remember you mentioning how much you like them. I would have probably sent one today, but you addressed the issue I was thinking about. Next time I get the urge, I'll just do it!
Old 12-27-2013, 06:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Exclamation Well...

according to what I just read Phil Robertson will be back on "Duck Dynasty" come Spring time, that is what A&E is stating...

Nothin' like controversy to make even more people want to watch it, good ol' publicity (Rather it is good or bad) brings 'em back each and every time:

http://tv.msn.com/tv/article.aspx?news=845064

'Duck Dynasty': A&E resuming show with Phil Robertson
Dec. 27, 2013, 5:39 PM EST

By Tim Molloy

"Duck Dynasty" supporters have won their standoff with A&E: The network has reversed its suspension of star Phil Robertson for making anti-gay comments, and he will not miss a single episode of the upcoming season.

Shooting will resume in the spring, and will be accompanied by a series of public service announcements "promoting unity, tolerance and acceptance among all people, a message that supports our core values as a company, and the values found in 'Duck Dynasty,'" the network said.

The network suspended Robertson last Thursday after he compared gays to "drunks" and "terrorists" in a GQ interview in which he also said African-Americans were perfectly happy before Civil Rights.

But the network suffered a huge backlash from "Duck Dynasty" fans and social conservatives, who said it had limited Robertson's right to free speech.

A&E may face another backlash for the decision to cave on the suspension — but it tried to minimize it by dropping the news on the slow Friday evening between Christmas and New Year's.

The standoff created a catch-22 for A&E: "Duck Dynasty" is the most popular reality show on cable, but ignoring Robertson's comments would have made it appear insensitive. After Robertson was suspended, the rest of the cast put A&E in a bind by saying they couldn't imagine doing the series without their patriarch.

When A&E suspended Robertson, it said in a statement that it was "extremely disappointed to have read Phil Robertson's comments in GQ, which are based on his own personal beliefs and are not reflected in the series 'Duck Dynasty.'"

"His personal views in no way reflect those of A+E Networks, who have always been strong supporters and champions of the LGBT community," A&E added. "The network has placed Phil under hiatus from filming indefinitely."

On Friday, it explained why it had abandoned that decision.

"While Phil's comments made in the interview reflect his personal views based on his own beliefs, and his own personal journey, he and his family have publicly stated they regret the 'coarse language' he used and the mis-interpretation of his core beliefs based only on the article," the network said. "He also made it clear he would 'never incite or encourage hate.' We at A+E Networks expressed our disappointment with his statements in the article, and reiterate that they are not views we hold.

"But Duck Dynasty is not a show about one man's views," A&E added. "It resonates with a large audience because it is a show about family... a family that America has come to love. As you might have seen in many episodes, they come together to reflect and pray for unity, tolerance and forgiveness. These are three values that we at A+E Networks also feel strongly about."

A&E spoke with both GLAAD and the Rev. Jesse Jackson's Rainbow PUSH Coalition, both of which objected to Robertson's remarks. Jackson said Monday that Robertson's statements were more offensive than those of the Montgomery, Ala. bus driver who ordered Rosa Parks to give up her seat to a white passenger, a moment that launched the Civil Rights Movement.

But others rallied to Robertson's defense. The petition IStandWithPhil.com, which called for his reinstatement on "Duck Dynasty," yielded 250,000 signatures in a week.

Here's the full statement from A&E:

As a global media content company, A+E Networks' core values are centered around creativity, inclusion and mutual respect. We believe it is a privilege for our brands to be invited into people's home and we operate with a strong sense of integrity and deep commitment to these principals.

That is why we reacted so quickly and strongly to a recent interview with Phil Robertson. While Phil's comments made in the interview reflect his personal views based on his own beliefs, and his own personal journey, he and his family have publicly stated they regret the "coarse language" he used and the mis-interpretation of his core beliefs based only on the article. He also made it clear he would "never incite or encourage hate." We at A+E Networks expressed our disappointment with his statements in the article, and reiterate that they are not views we hold.

But Duck Dynasty is not a show about one man's views. It resonates with a large audience because it is a show about family… a family that America has come to love. As you might have seen in many episodes, they come together to reflect and pray for unity, tolerance and forgiveness. These are three values that we at A+E Networks also feel strongly about.

So after discussions with the Robertson family, as well as consulting with numerous advocacy groups, A&E has decided to resume filming Duck Dynasty later this spring with the entire Robertson family.

We will also use this moment to launch a national public service campaign (PSA) promoting unity, tolerance and acceptance among all people, a message that supports our core values as a company, and the values found in Duck Dynasty. These PSAs will air across our entire portfolio.

"To acknowledge death is to accept freedom and responsibility."

"Fleetwood Mac and its fans remind me of a toilet plunger...keep bringing up old sh*t..."

Last edited by estranged4life; 12-27-2013 at 06:08 PM..