Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 11-04-2010, 08:03 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueFaith77 View Post
that's what I meant. oh and bass performance too
I should have been more clear. GOS and Bass Performance Hall are also missing from the discog here at fleetwoodmac.net!
Old 11-04-2010, 08:42 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by holidayroad View Post
I should have been more clear. GOS and Bass Performance Hall are also missing from the discog here at fleetwoodmac.net!

Imagine paying $1000 to hear "Don't Dream It's Over" instead of "Go Your Own Way"

Fleetwood Mac helped me through a time of heartbreak. 12 years later, they broke my heart.
Old 11-11-2010, 04:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

I'm literally shaking with excitement here. This is stonking fantastic news I don't care if I have to sell my mother, I'm seeing him on tour this time...!
Aaaaaaaagggggggggh.
Old 11-13-2010, 01:38 AM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
I am not excited about acoustic, but the fact is I loved UTS when it came out and SYH remains one of my Top 5 LB songs. It's just that UTS paled in comparison to GOS for me.
Although I agree GOS is a better album as a whole, I do think Under The Skin has a few songs better than anything on GOS.
Old 11-13-2010, 03:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaronVonBielski View Post
Although I agree GOS is a better album as a whole, I do think Under The Skin has a few songs better than anything on GOS.
I'd put Show You How in that category, but nothing else from UTS sticks out for me. Things that were exciting then, like CAD and It Was You just seem to evoke smiles from me now, as opposed to admiration and passion.

Michele
Old 11-13-2010, 04:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Acoustic could mean like "Bel Air Rain" -- in which the guitar sounds clear and front and center and the vocals are not masked.

Imagine paying $1000 to hear "Don't Dream It's Over" instead of "Go Your Own Way"

Fleetwood Mac helped me through a time of heartbreak. 12 years later, they broke my heart.
Old 11-13-2010, 09:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueFaith77 View Post
Acoustic could mean like "Bel Air Rain" -- in which the guitar sounds clear and front and center and the vocals are not masked.
I know some people can admire the guitar artistry for its own sake, but I need a contagious lyrical component and some form of rhythm. It doesn't have to come from bass and drums, but I need a persistent beat, a hook that leaves me eagerly anticipating the chorus.

So, yes I'd take more Bel Air Rain, but please, not another serving of Time Precious Time.Michele
Old 11-13-2010, 10:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I REALLY won't mind if Deep Dense and The Singer Not The Song make it on this disc. Also Gotta Get Away and Wear You Down and She Smiled Sweetly. And what's the goofy song everybody likes so much; Given Thing? (where is my mp3 of that?). That makes SIX songs and who knows what else that would only rock.

Last edited by TrueFaith77; 11-13-2010 at 10:58 PM..
Old 11-14-2010, 01:44 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
I'd put Show You How in that category, but nothing else from UTS sticks out for me. Things that were exciting then, like CAD and It Was You just seem to evoke smiles from me now, as opposed to admiration and passion.

Michele
I agree. The only songs I play from UTS are Down on Rodeo and Try for the Sun. Shut us Down I really love live, but I rarely play it on my Ipod.

I have to jump on the GOS train. As much as I love Lindsey's solo work, 'The Right Place to Fade" (I prefer the Twist of Fate title and version) was the Fleetwood Mac-ish/pop/rock song I was waiting for from him. Its a song that I can relate to and have loved for so long. The Twist of Fate demo is my most played song on itunes.

Love Runs Deeper and Gift of Screws were awesome live. I hope he plays them again when he tours.
Old 11-14-2010, 03:51 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by AliceLover View Post
Shut us Down I really love live...
I think most if not all UTS songs are better live.
No whispering.
Old 11-14-2010, 05:48 AM
Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamnotafraid View Post
No whispering.
Coincidentaly he played/recorded/relesaed almost all of them live, which made for a great UTS live album when edited together. I'll listen to that before the original album, but good god would I have liked to hear Try For The Sun live. It's such a good song but I dont see him ever playing it live.
Old 11-14-2010, 02:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Love Runs Deeper and Gift of Screws were awesome live. I hope he plays them again when he tours.

To me, Gift of Screws, was just on fire live. You know how Lindsey has those guitar faces that we're all so familiar with from ISA and Come?

To me, he changed into something new for GOS, a rock face and energy I had not experienced before. I guess because it all happened so quickly. No drawn out solo, just hard and fast playing. Attar from the rose.

Michele
Old 11-14-2010, 02:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
No whispering.
Agreed
Old 11-14-2010, 02:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I agree. The only songs I play from UTS are Down on Rodeo and Try for the Sun. Shut us Down I really love live, but I rarely play it on my Ipod.

I have to jump on the GOS train. As much as I love Lindsey's solo work, 'The Right Place to Fade" (I prefer the Twist of Fate title and version) was the Fleetwood Mac-ish/pop/rock song I was waiting for from him. Its a song that I can relate to and have loved for so long. The Twist of Fate demo is my most played song on itunes.

I hope so too, but there are so many I want to hear live...all of Tusk, all of OOTC, all of GOS, most of GI, plus DOR and BTLH...I could never narrow it down!

And as long as we're discussing what he should play, I was bummed to see in the video from the 826LA benefit that he still is playing NGBA waaaayyyy to slow! My god, it was sublime during the SYW tour...perfect tempo...so sexy, but I really don't like it at this sappy pace ( I know this was discussed before, but I had to get it out ). Same with Trouble. Perfect in 2003/2004, but too slow now
Old 11-14-2010, 04:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
No whispering.
As much as I love the studio version of most of them (I don't mind the whispering) some songs like SUD are mind-blowingly good live. On the GOS tour that song took on a whole new level of excellence with the extended outro.

I don't think DOR could be bettered live. It's just so sublime in the studio version.