User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 10-12-2006, 02:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by JazmenFlowers View Post
thanks. I actually fit into a pair of pants 2 sizes smaller this morning and had I not been busting at the crotch (turtlehead is so not cute), I'd have worn them bitches.
Hang to the left dear!

save the cheerleader - save the world
Old 10-12-2006, 02:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by strandinthewind View Post
Oh yea!!!!

I love it when people oogle me, which they were loathe to do 80 pounds ago. I also feel much better and have little back pain anymore.
You love getting ogled? Cool. I don't have back pain anymore either. I love that. I definitely have noticed a big difference in my shape, especially my waist which is much smaller. But I've been on a plateau for a long time because of not upping the exercise but I've slowly added more weight machines and such. I should start seeing more results soon.
Old 10-12-2006, 02:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I never hit a plateau. I lost like 60 pounds in about six or so months and then 20 over the next month or so. Then again, I was hardcore.

save the cheerleader - save the world

Last edited by strandinthewind; 10-12-2006 at 02:46 PM..
Old 10-12-2006, 02:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by strandinthewind View Post
I never hit a plateau. I lost like 60 pounds in about six or so months and then 20 over the next month or so. Then again, I was hardcore.
And you're a man. And men lose weight faster and easier it seems....and all the men at WW have lost more and faster than any of the women...sigh.
Old 10-12-2006, 03:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
^^^
I just weighed and have lost 3 more pounds. I think that incorporating running 5 mins, walking 3 for a total of about 40 mins or a little over 2 miles at least 4 times a week has given me an edge. I've lost 17 pounds so far (since beginning of June). I just might make my Xmas goal. yay!
I hate you. I mean, good job, buddy!

I want you all to know that I'm not sitting here whining without any intention of listening. I hate when people ask you what they can do, then you tell them, but they don't do it, then they whine more! That's not me. I have been relatively successful with my diet/exercise changes over the last few months - weight loss, improved muscle tone, feeling better mentally, more flexible, better heart health, etc. I know what to do, and how to do it, and I have been doing the right things - but now it's obvious I need to kick it all up a notch. I am not about to give up, not by a long shot.

I'm just voicing my frustration - esp. since the last time I followed the WW plan I lost the 14 pounds within 7 weeks. Of course, I was 25 then & I'm 31 now - I guess that really could be affecting my metabolism a bit. As far as the exercise goes, I consider it a triumph that I've had the elliptical for over 6 months & I continue to use it. Sounds silly to some people, but it really is a big deal for me - that it's not sitting there acting like a clothes hanger.

Of course I should use it more, and I am trying - I should just force myself to get up 1/2 hour earlier & use it every single morning (although I find that I'm stiff & not able to get as good a workout in the morning as I can in the afternoon for some reason.) I like to use it in the evening, while I watch TV - kill two birds with one stone (not only am I exercising, but I'm not snacking in front of the TV.)

But if it's a choice between spending time with my family, or paying attention to my pets, or catching up with friends, then exercise comes second. When I'm old, I will not give a **** what size I was 50 years ago. But I will definitely regret it if I was so busy working out for 2 hours every day that I didn't call so & so, or I didn't pet my dog enough, or if I couldn't go & visit my family. So while I don't think it's unreasonable to increase my workout time a bit, say to 45 minutes 4-5 days a week, I'll be damned if I allow other aspects of my life to suffer just to lose a few more pounds.

So. To summarize the novel I've just written (that nobody may care to read ) I will make some of the recommended adjustments & get back to you guys. Hope to continue to see improvements & be healthy.
Old 10-12-2006, 03:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by skcin View Post
So while I don't think it's unreasonable to increase my workout time a bit, say to 45 minutes 4-5 days a week, I'll be damned if I allow other aspects of my life to suffer just to lose a few more pounds.

I completely agree---and I didn't think you were being whiny at all - I don't think anyone here is really - we're all sort of undertaking the same struggle.

I'm in the same boat, whenI first did WW I lost 3-7 pounds a week - now I"m losing .5 pounds a week and it's VERY frustrating.

But I just started exercising with frequency - but I will NOT spent more than an hour in the gym - I'm not trying to be a body builder - and the first time around I got amazing results with 30 minutes cardio and weights.....I've never done more. I am now - 45 minutes cardio - that mostly because I've more weight to lose.

So yeah...while I am still on program - I also don't let it take over my life - there are much more important things in life
Old 10-12-2006, 03:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrummerDeanna View Post
Well - you can't possibly be big enough to have a max daily points of 25 - you'd have to be like over 190. So from the weight group I'm guessing you're in the max points is 22.
I just checked the book. The range for people less than 150 pounds is listed as 18-25.

Last edited by skcin; 10-12-2006 at 03:15 PM..
Old 10-12-2006, 03:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I just checked the book. The range for people ess than 150 pounds is listed as 18-25.
really? My book gives it in absolutes...hmmm. I don't have it on me...I'll look when I get home. But my max points is 22. And my min points - 22. lol - that's it.
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
And you're a man. And men lose weight faster and easier it seems....and all the men at WW have lost more and faster than any of the women...sigh.
Yep, goddam men!
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
how much are you trying to lose?
I started at 154.5, I want to get down to 140. I've been hovering between 149 - 151 for weeks, despite making several adjustments to diet & exercise routines.
Old 10-12-2006, 03:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I started at 154.5, I want to get down to 140. I've been hovering between 149 - 151 for weeks, despite making several adjustments to diet & exercise routines.
I want to get down to 140 too and am at 152. Alright bitch, let's kick it up a notch!
Old 10-12-2006, 03:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
really? My book gives it in absolutes...hmmm. I don't have it on me...I'll look when I get home. But my max points is 22. And my min points - 22. lol - that's it.
I guess they've adjusted the points system since I did it last. The book is about 5 or 6 years old.
Old 10-12-2006, 03:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I guess they've adjusted the points system since I did it last. The book is about 5 or 6 years old.
Ah. Well now I'm curious - I'll look at my book when I get home.

BUT it's sort of moot - as you're not using flex points - but in a sense you are because you're getting 25 points rather than 22 - does that makes sense?
Old 10-12-2006, 03:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie

^ Right. That's why I'm thinking if I limit my daily points to 20 or 22, I'd have around 20 flex points per week to use as I choose.

OK. Here's my new plan:

Increase aerobic exercise from 30 to 45 minutes at least 5 days a week.

Strand's exercises (and a few more from Redbook ) at least once a day 7 days a week.

Weight resistance exercises at least 3 times a week (I do them twice a week now)

Continue weekly yoga classes, and do yoga at home an additional 3 days a week.

Cut daily points to 22, and use flex points.

I will commit to this & reassess after a month.
Old 10-12-2006, 04:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
^ Right. That's why I'm thinking if I limit my daily points to 20 or 22, I'd have around 20 flex points per week to use as I choose.
good girl. I think kicking up your exercise and diet routine a notch will make all the difference. I'm getting a new diet/exercise gameplan this weekend too to help shed the rest of what I want to lose by Xmas.