User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 03-02-2004, 11:01 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by skcin
"Well, this outfit is a one-piece that my grandmother once wore, and my hat is from..." WTF?! She thought she looked hot, DAMN HOT!

I was amused that Seacrest was actually conversing with the dog puppet - and the chick was DEAD SERIOUS!

LMAO!

Paula
I'm not kidding, I was laughing SO hard. That woman was seriously bizarre (and she looked much older than her age) & they treated her & the puppets like serious contenders.

- Jake
Old 03-02-2004, 11:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by Livia
Scat Girl was disappointing last nite...
I'll say! She didn't scat! She seemed like just bad karaoke.

- Jake
Old 03-02-2004, 11:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by GardenStateGirlie
Wow...this group made my ears bleed. I don't know about American Idol this season...I voted for the first girl who went and other than her, the last girl was pretty decent. I like John but I can't see him in a pop competition.
Give me a full run-down! I feel asleep just before the start, woke up to see the guy near the end sing a little - the one Randy said was the best male singer so far -and then fell back to sleep. Was his comment a bad dream?

- Jake
Old 03-02-2004, 11:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Re: Livia...

Quote:
Originally posted by wondergirl9847
In what way? Were you disappointed she didn't sing better or that she didn't suck more?
I thought Will Hung was dull Monday night compared to some of the others.

- Jake
Old 03-02-2004, 11:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by darklinensuit
Give me a full run-down! I feel asleep just before the start, woke up to see the guy near the end sing a little - the one Randy said was the best male singer so far -and then fell back to sleep. Was his comment a bad dream?

- Jake
Basically everyone had MAJOR issues with pitch and tone...it was just not that good at all. The very first girl that went sang probably the best out of the group tonight. There was another girl from Hawaii with little flowers in her hair that will probably make it through. I didn't like her but America will, i'm sure. If not America, everyone in Hawaii will vote for her so she's got that going for her. Model girl Lisa was horrendous...she sang Come To My Window and practically deepthroated the microphone...it was just...BAD. The guy Randy said was the best male singer...ick...but then again, no male in this competition has been good thus far. The last girl to go, Tiara, sang well but I agreed with the judges about her vocals being all over the place. I don't understand why people feel the need to do that when they sing...stop trying to be Christina Aguilera, you can still make the vocal your own without adding crap to it. So, I voted for girl number one. As you can see, they were so forgettable, i don't even know names.
Old 03-02-2004, 11:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie

And the judges keep saying this is the best season ever. I guess if they say it often enough it must be true.

- Jake
Old 03-02-2004, 11:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
And the judges keep saying this is the best season ever. I guess if they say it often enough it must be true.

- Jake
Even though they won't stop making this show because there's so much money to be made, I think the show lost it's charm for me after last season. Much like Who Wants To Be A Millionaire, it was good at first and then the network kept pushing it and pushing it and then it sort of flatlined. This show would be a lot better if they did it every other season or maybe added different scenarios and threw in some surprises. In no way are these the best singers in America, IMO. I haven't heard anyone on this show that made me go "wow..they can really sing...I'd want to buy their album.."
Old 03-02-2004, 11:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Even though they won't stop making this show because there's so much money to be made, I think the show lost it's charm for me after last season. Much like Who Wants To Be A Millionaire, it was good at first and then the network kept pushing it and pushing it and then it sort of flatlined. This show would be a lot better if they did it every other season or maybe added different scenarios and threw in some surprises. In no way are these the best singers in America, IMO. I haven't heard anyone on this show that made me go "wow..they can really sing...I'd want to buy their album.."
I'd love to see them lift the maximum age limit. How can they say it's the best singer otherwise? And a greater variety of styles, please.

- Jake
Old 03-03-2004, 12:14 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I'd love to see them lift the maximum age limit. How can they say it's the best singer otherwise? And a greater variety of styles, please.

- Jake
They want to find cutesy girl/pretty boy youth so they can mold them as they wish. Also, you're going to have a lot more control with someone who is younger than someone who is older and has had a lot more life experience that perhaps isn't so naive.
Old 03-03-2004, 12:17 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
They want to find cutesy girl/pretty boy youth so they can mold them as they wish. Also, you're going to have a lot more control with someone who is younger than someone who is older and has had a lot more life experience that perhaps isn't so naive.
No argument, but like I said, then you forfeit the right to call him/her the best.

- Jake
Old 03-03-2004, 12:21 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
No argument, but like I said, then you forfeit the right to call him/her the best.

- Jake
Absolutely 100% agreed. Perhaps they ought to call the show Teen Idol or Young Adult Idol or PG-13 Idol I was hoping that the other Idol show they started flopped. I watched on episode and thought it was SICK with the parents pushing their kids and in some cases, living vicariously through them. Your voice doesn't develop until you're older anyway...there's no need for a show like that. I hope it won't return.
Old 03-03-2004, 12:24 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Absolutely 100% agreed. Perhaps they ought to call the show Teen Idol or Young Adult Idol or PG-13 Idol I was hoping that the other Idol show they started flopped. I watched on episode and thought it was SICK with the parents pushing their kids and in some cases, living vicariously through them. Your voice doesn't develop until you're older anyway...there's no need for a show like that. I hope it won't return.
That one dad cried every time his daughter took the stage. Talk about pressure on a kid. Don't tell me it's just pride, either. When your singing makes your dad cry in front of America night after night, that's pressure.

- Jake
Old 03-03-2004, 12:55 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Aside from a couple of the finalists, I have been really disappointed with the rest of them. It seems like most of them are really bad this year.
Old 03-03-2004, 02:07 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Model girl Lisa was horrendous...she sang Come To My Window and practically deepthroated the microphone...it was just...BAD.
From zap2it:
"She also looks like she's detaching her jaw in anticipation of doing something truly obscene to the microphone. Randy and Paula only call her on the sketchy song choice and the shouting, though Simon jokes about how wide her mouth was opening ("I could have driven a car through there," he says). "

- Jake
Old 03-03-2004, 02:18 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
From zap2it:
"She also looks like she's detaching her jaw in anticipation of doing something truly obscene to the microphone. Randy and Paula only call her on the sketchy song choice and the shouting, though Simon jokes about how wide her mouth was opening ("I could have driven a car through there," he says). "

- Jake
Of course, what Simon actually meant was _____________ Truly, that's what it looked like. He was right on when he said it and Randy and Paula defended her by saying, "there's nothing wrong with her mouth." That may be so but there was certainly something wrong with her singing