Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Chit Chat
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 03-17-2005, 09:19 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Romber

I agree Team Romber is snarky but they are hardly the first team to steal a cab. It happens every season. They are not the first team to bribe a cab/bus driver either. I have seen other teams also employ the help of locals, using the lure of the camera crew, to get them around strange cities. I don't see them doing anything worse than various other pairs. He is a snake but IMHO, that is how you have to play these type of games. You can't be all nice and sweet and honest and expect to win. (Kris and John lost, Freddy an Kendra won) The only way to play a game like this and be successful is to try and outwit the other teams. That will most likely involve lying, not being the nice guy etc. His tactics might not exactly be the most likable but he is taking risks and so far, they seem to be paying off.

My husband swears that CBS paid them to be on the show. He is entertaining and funny and probably did draw some Survivor fans over to watch the show. Anyone else think that is possible?

I think Gretchen's voice is sooo adorable. "Meredith, I am gonna be sick... slooowww downn". Too funny.

The Mother/son team are annoying. The mom is really out there and I was hoping they would be last. They couldn'tget out of the city for two hours. Ever think of asking for directions?

"She has an exquisite femininity"......Lindsey
Old 03-17-2005, 09:58 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by amber
I'm devastated that Debbie and Bianca are gone, too. But I was sad that the barbie twins left as well.
The Barbie twins were too dumb for me to watch, just like the brothers. Debbie was just drop-dead gorgeous, I had to fan myself when looking at her.

Quote:
I don't think the mother and son are that obnoxious the son is a little snarky, but it's cute. And I like long hair, too, although he is a little pretty and slight (but why do I care? he's gay!) The gay boys are funny...I don't really care about most of the other people, except the older couple (forgot their names) cause I want an older couple to win once.
I love Susan/Patrick and Meredith/Gretchen. They're my favorites so far. Susan cracks me up, I almost choked when she said "My son needs a man" and "No, I wouldn't be whining if I had to do eat all this, I'd be on the ground vomiting."

I really liked Bob and Joyce from season 5, they were so cute. Old people hooking up on the internet...awwwwwwwww. But still, no team has come close to my girls Charla and Mirna yet. I <3 them bitches.

Old 03-17-2005, 05:42 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dissention
No way! Get out!

He likes David Lynch, so he must be okay.

Hey there, thanks. I am a David Lynch *fanatic* ~ I believe that it is a David Lynch world; we just live in it. "Mulholland Drive" and "Twin Peaks" are my personal favorites...

Yes, Mr. Brian "Johnny Stew" is the Ledgie for me, i'm so happy to say. We have chatted off and on, on the Ledge, for the last 2 years or so. We just recently found that we are most definitely kindred spirits... we like to thank our love for Ms. Nicks & the Mac, and a little *divine intervention* for bringing us together.

I really hope to get to know everyone here better!

Josh

Old 03-17-2005, 05:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Fighting foh the Nohthun Stah...NO SPEED LIMIT! BITCH! THIS IS THE FAST LANE!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by riff_Shuffler
Hey there, thanks. I am a David Lynch *fanatic* ~ I believe that it is a David Lynch world; we just live in it. "Mulholland Drive" and "Twin Peaks" are my personal favorites...

Yes, Mr. Brian "Johnny Stew" is the Ledgie for me, i'm so happy to say. We have chatted off and on, on the Ledge, for the last 2 years or so. We just recently found that we are most definitely kindred spirits... we like to thank our love for Ms. Nicks & the Mac, and a little *divine intervention* for bringing us together.

I really hope to get to know everyone here better!

Josh
To pipe in with something shallow, yet nice, Capricorn and Virgo are a good match!!! I"m really happy for you guys.

Whehyll I can do EHYT!! Wehyll I can make it WAHN moh thihme! (wheyllit'sA reayllongwaytogooo! To say goodbhiiy!) -
Old 03-17-2005, 05:53 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by wondergirl9847
Anyone who loves David Lynch, is okay in my book!! Twin Peaks FOREVAH!! LOL

A Twin Peaks Freak? Allright! I went through puberty totally fixated on Twin Peaks (and David Lynch)....this must explain *alot* to my family and friends!! Did you watch it when it was originally on tv, or later on vhs/dvd? Oh, and did you see "Fire Walk With Me?"

"I WANT MY GARMONBOZIA" --- priceless. Dale Cooper Forever.

Josh

Old 03-17-2005, 06:01 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
To pipe in with something shallow, yet nice, Capricorn and Virgo are a good match!!! I"m really happy for you guys.
Awwww, thanks! That is so sweet of you. Brian brought it to my attention about Capris and Virgos! I love these kinds of things... stranger things have been proven true!

Oh, and Otter Pops rocked my childhood! Alexander The Grape...how much cooler can you get?!?!

Josh

Old 03-18-2005, 12:00 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Talking Dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by riff_Shuffler
A Twin Peaks Freak? Allright! I went through puberty totally fixated on Twin Peaks (and David Lynch)....this must explain *alot* to my family and friends!! Did you watch it when it was originally on tv, or later on vhs/dvd? Oh, and did you see "Fire Walk With Me?"

"I WANT MY GARMONBOZIA" --- priceless. Dale Cooper Forever.

Josh
Federal Bureau of Investigation, Special Agent Dale Cooper. Whew. LOL Sigh...in One-Eyed Jacks...in the tux and glasses...nuff said.

My friend from high school got me hooked on it. She got hooked on it from another chick in her yearbook class. We ate lunch at her house everyday our senior year and she goes "You've gotta watch this show, it's great!" We watched the pilot over a few days during lunch and BAM....hooked. Yep, I've seen FWWM and I used to get the magazine Wrapped in Plastic, but it became hard to find. My friend (the one who got me addicted. LOL) and I met Mark Frost at a local book store, it was the coolest thing ever! We asked him if he'd kept in touch with David and he said yes. This was back in like '94 or something. He signed a book and magazine for me. I have a pic somewhere.

Annie sucks. Hate her. LOL
Old 03-23-2005, 10:15 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

I love Susan/Patrick and Meredith/Gretchen. They're my favorites so far. Susan cracks me up, I almost choked when she said "My son needs a man" and "No, I wouldn't be whining if I had to do eat all this, I'd be on the ground vomiting."
My condolences, Diss. They did make me laugh though: "Mom, if you don't be quiet, we're going to have an embarrassing moment..." I will miss them. I was hoping Ray & Deana would go, he's an A-Hole & she's a whinebag. Oh well.

Next week looks hella good. Lots of blood & drama & accidents & excitement.
Old 03-23-2005, 10:20 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by skcin
My condolences, Diss. They did make me laugh though: "Mom, if you don't be quiet, we're going to have an embarrassing moment..." I will miss them. I was hoping Ray & Deana would go, he's an A-Hole & she's a whinebag. Oh well.

I was so sad that Susan and Patrick left. I loved them. Ray and Deana are just as bad as Romber, I loathe them with a passion. I couldn't believe the things he was saying about the other two teams. Especially when he called Patrick a wimp and Patrick ACTUALLY ATE THE MEAT AND DIDN'T QUIT. What a f*cker. Deana is a baby, simply put.

I must confess, I got worried for Gretchen when I saw the preview for next week. That poor woman, she really got knocked out. I aodre her and Meredith, though. So cute and her voice tickles my funnybone. Two full hours next week, woohoo!!

And I'm now in love with Lynn and Alex. Too ****ing funny!

Old 03-23-2005, 10:58 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by skcin

He is an a-hole. I said "f*ck you" to the TV last night he pissed me off so badly with his "I am NOT losing to some old couple." Jackass.

And when the son said that to his mother I was like, "Uh, you just created an embarassing moment."
Old 03-23-2005, 11:02 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I was so sad that Susan and Patrick left. I loved them. Ray and Deana are just as bad as Romber, I loathe them with a passion. I couldn't believe the things he was saying about the other two teams. Especially when he called Patrick a wimp and Patrick ACTUALLY ATE THE MEAT AND DIDN'T QUIT. What a f*cker. Deana is a baby, simply put.

I must confess, I got worried for Gretchen when I saw the preview for next week. That poor woman, she really got knocked out. I aodre her and Meredith, though. So cute and her voice tickles my funnybone. Two full hours next week, woohoo!!

I <3 Lynn and Alex too and have all along. They freaking crack me up! I was sad for you that Patrick and Susan got offed but they were so annoying I couldn't stand them.

I know about Gretchen, the poor thing! That couple is so great, love them. I hope they remain while a-hole Ray and wimp-*ss Deanna get smacked down.
Old 03-23-2005, 11:37 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Thumbs down Ray....blergh

That guy is a jerkwad. He's all "I'm not losing to a 70 year old." and "They are a couple of decades past where they need to be."

I hope that guy lives to be 150 frickin' years old. Jerkface. Ugh and what's with the red nose...clownboy. Sheesh, I can't stand this guy. LOL

Everyone else, I am okay with, yes, even Romber.
Old 03-23-2005, 11:44 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

I about died when they said "I hate Rob and Amber. I hate them so much. We simply don't talk to them. They're like an STD. You just have to stay away from them so you don't catch anything." ROTFLMAO!
Old 03-29-2005, 08:37 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Two hours tonight!

I hope Gretchen and the brothers are okay...

Old 03-29-2005, 09:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Is it just me or does Phil have major bulge tonight?