Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 09-18-2008, 04:24 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Cool So?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaltreyPFD View Post
Thank you... I am a man though... and a father!
Sooooo! What's your point? I hope it's not that your a man who procreated.

Carol-Lynn
Old 09-19-2008, 12:39 AM
Ledgie

Hear another persons version of what happened via a podcast!!

http://media.switchpod.com/users/mik.../40yobEp26.mp3
Old 09-19-2008, 08:53 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by LINDSEY#1FAN View Post
Your very welcome !!! Hey, since your into collecting autographs, etc. Get Kevin Costners ! He is THE BEST !!!! He does have a band also, Modern West - a new cd coming out October 19th! Damn - I sound like I work for him or something!

You should really check them out !!!!

Here is their myspace site!!!!!

http://www.myspace.com/kevincostnerandmodernwest
I have a friend who does hair for celebrities for events and the such. Anyway, she said Kevin Costner was by far the worst person she's ever done. I love Kevin Costner by the way -- even in his flawed films, he's always trying to "do some good." I just mean it goes to show that it depends on circumstances. Celebrities are people too. . .

Quote:
Originally Posted by hlforan View Post
I have wasted enough of my time reading your posts, you were mean to many posters, its all right there, and why would you send such a nasty pm to another poster? Why would you twice be warned about your behaviour...hmmm..no wonder Lindsey beat feet when he saw you coming-Don't bother responding I am done with this thread and your narcissism
. . . I was about to say the same thing. I think it's unacceptable to send a PM like that. I'm sorry. I know sometimes I say things that probably get people upset but I'm glad that in my time here I've never had anyone be threatening or disrespcting to me. I hope everyone feels that I've responded in kind.

I only say this cuz I've seen to many web communities fall apart because of that kind of stuff.

Imagine paying $1000 to hear "Don't Dream It's Over" instead of "Go Your Own Way"

Fleetwood Mac helped me through a time of heartbreak. 12 years later, they broke my heart.

Last edited by TrueFaith77; 09-19-2008 at 12:25 PM..
Old 09-19-2008, 12:02 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mylittledemon View Post
HAHAHA...Oh man. Funny stuff. You're probably NOT nice, then. Your poor, poor man. Oh well, different strokes for different folks!
Hey now! I've met that Nico girl, an all I can say is I don't think she has a mean bone in her body. I could see her being a little demanding maybe, but leeme tell you....I'd walk through fire to be her man Yeowwww!!
Old 09-19-2008, 12:27 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaltreyPFD View Post
Hear another persons version of what happened via a podcast!!

http://media.switchpod.com/users/mik.../40yobEp26.mp3
OMG!! Who is this guy?? I seriously have been laughing my ass off! Thanks for that!!
Old 09-19-2008, 01:24 PM
Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisa1769 View Post
OMG!! Who is this guy?? I seriously have been laughing my ass off! Thanks for that!!
A comedian from Los Angeles... Mike Schmidt
Old 09-19-2008, 01:34 PM
Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by carol7lynn View Post
Sooooo! What's your point? I hope it's not that your a man who procreated.

Carol-Lynn
Someone referred to me as "she" so I am correcting them. AND... I am a father so I get it about getting the kids to bed etc... That's my point. You know if people would read carefully before they start typing these forums would be a much nicer place to be.
Old 09-19-2008, 03:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

I met Lindsey at the UTS tour after waiting outside for a pix/autograph. He did sign my CD but wouldn't do a pix with us (we had to stand in front of him in front of the "chain" that separated us from him) for a pix. He seemed a little annoyed too which surprised me to be honest. It's not what I expected. I may not even try this time for a pix although would love one of he and I! I just got the feeling he felt put out. He is totally different when he's with FM- at least with my experience. Although I never got backstage with FM, I was able to get him to sign my BN LP after the show and he was so sweet and gracious. Anyway, still looking forward to the show though but have no expectations of a meet!
Old 09-19-2008, 03:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by macmar71 View Post
I think I have come to the conclusion that I would rather not meet anyone as there are those moments when the person you have loved, worshiped, enjoyed their muisc, whatever it maybe will not be what you thought they were and there may be a disappointment that will somehow ruin the whole ball of wax so to speak. I know lots of people have had awesome experiences and that is good but from my point of view, I would rather leave well enough alone as I am not good at handling something like this. I think I would be very disillusioned and not as enthusiastic of a fan. It takes something out of the magical feeling that surrounds someone famous. But keep in mind they are humans like you and me. Just my thoughts.

you are right on however there is really no way to know if it's a good experience or bad unless you try, and I guess I was and am willing to take that chance and I have two experiences from that (not both Lindsey). I felt after I did finally meet LB (in my post before) a little disappointed ya know? I mean he may have been tired, had limited time, etc. but I was like "WOW" I waited 45 min for him to come out, there were only about 6 of us out there and I just wanted my very own photo and a smile to go with it. He did sign my CD and wrote my name after I asked him (again seemed annoyed though...) but it was not the experience I had hoped for. On the flip side, my other fave artist, Marty Balin, I had a different experience with. When I saw him here in CO in 2003, I asked for a pix after his show and after we took one (my husband was taking the pix) he said "wait, let's get another" and he dipped me for the pix. He was just very gracious and sweet. Anyway, you never know of course how they will make your mark but I will say if it's a bad experience is does stick with you but if it's good, you remember it forever :-)
Old 09-19-2008, 03:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Lightbulb

well, having spent a considerable amount of time in conversation with Lindsey at the garden in diego, and I can tellyou that that experience, along with the others I have had, show me he is a man of great integrity, a musical genius, and extremely respectful and generous with fans that are equally respectful and generous of him. The woman behind the chain who earlier in the evening was screaming about what she was owed by him due to her purchase of GOS and attending his show, received no such love. And, I don't particularly care how Kirsten behaves, she loves him, he loves her, period. Whenever Kirsten has been at the shows that I have seen she has been sweet and friendly with fans and, yes, naturally mamabear with their children.

I hope, for those who wish to meet Lindsey, have their every wish come true. However, if greeting fans is not conducive to catching planes, scheduling demands, security, and tucking children into bed...remember they are human and do their best.
Old 09-19-2008, 03:43 PM
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by BTFLCHLD View Post
It's worth noting that, in EVERY thread, you're an ass.
zing!!!!!!
Old 09-19-2008, 04:40 PM
Junior Ledgie

I don't usually post here...guess you can say I am a lurker. But I felt the need to post my own encounters with Lindsey over the past several years. I went to 15 (or more - lost count) of the SYW shows, and Lindsey was very gracious in signing cds, ticket stubs, and even a woman's bandana (she was a cancer patient)...people actually moved out of the way for her to be wheeled to the front of the stage and he bent down and signed it for her. I had SEVERAL front row seats to these shows and after a while he was familiar with my face, as well as several others....and when he noticed us, he would either nod or wink and sometimes wave to us. The first time I met him was after a show in Atlanta - at the hotel - he had announced on the radio that morning which hotel the Mac was staying...so needless to say, it was very crowded that night. He talked to everyone there...spent more time with some than with others....we did not bombard him, just waited by the piano (in the lounge), he walked by us once and said he'd be right back, a few minutes later he did come back to us, but said he was in a hurry - one guy standing with us seemed to have EVERY lp from Mac to Lindsey solo...whereas my friend and I only had one item. He did sign our cds - can't remember if or how many of the other guy's stuff Lindsey signed...and he darted out the door. Kristen was there that night, but did not come to the lounge area, she went directly upstairs to their room. So I don't have any comments about her.

The next time I met him, was again in Atlanta at the hotel...he was very friendly, stood and talked to all of us (4 or 5), signed autographs, and even took pics with us. He was so sweet and even talked about Kristen would be at the show then they were on their way to Florida (the next stop on the SYW tour). We congratulated him on the birth of Stella and he seemed very appreciative.

At one of the concerts I went to, my friend and I made a sign that said "This is our 10th show" and when he read it, he smiled and mouthed back "REALLY, TEN???" We said "yes" and he mouthed "WOW!!!"

The only solo concert I have been to was the Atlanta UTS show. I did not try to meet him that night, but had front row with several other fans who had been to so many SYW shows, and when he came out and noticed us all on front row, he seemed thrilled. He did sign all of our cds/ticket stubs/etc from the stage, at the end of the show. So since I had had so many other good experiences with him, and had already had pics made with him, I didn't feel the need to try to get anything else.

I do know of other fans whom he actually sat down and spoke with (on a couch at s hotel)...and they talked about how sweet and relaxed he seemed to be in talking with them. Kristen was not there but when he left them he said he needed to go call her and tell the kids "goodnight." He may be a "rock and roll star" to us, but he is also a "family man." And I think its great for him to finally have it after all these years. And who knows, he may have not seen the kids in a while and made promises to them and Kristen that they would go straight home after the show and he tuck them in bed. So we should respect him for that.

Hope I don't get slammed here but I agree with others, if time permits Lindsey seems to be gracious with his fans, and he doesn't "have" to be, so we should be happy when he does, but not slam him when for whatever reasons he don't/can't.
Old 09-19-2008, 05:20 PM
Junior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by christierx View Post

At one of the concerts I went to, my friend and I made a sign that said "This is our 10th show" and when he read it, he smiled and mouthed back "REALLY, TEN???" We said "yes" and he mouthed "WOW!!!"

I had had so many other good experiences with him, and had already had pics made with him, I didn't feel the need to try to get anything else.

He may be a "rock and roll star" to us, but he is also a "family man." And I think its great for him to finally have it after all these years.

Hope I don't get slammed here but I agree with others, if time permits Lindsey seems to be gracious with his fans, and he doesn't "have" to be, so we should be happy when he does, but not slam him when for whatever reasons he don't/can't.
It is cool to just have smile and acknowledge you in a concert!
That's awesome that you have met him pictures, autographs, it sounds like you deserve it! You must be very respectful and have good energy.
Finally, someone has mentioned that he is FINALLY a family man, he has put that off for SOOO many years, he's paid his dues for his career and fans. He could have just retired, which I would find devastating!
If the person (thankfully he is NOT a women" who started this thread came up to me I'd run as well. Lindsey, I am sure after years of meeting millions of fans knows bad energy when he feels it.
Maybe it was that "Catcher In the Rye" book he wanted Lindsey to sign that had him leaving so quickly...Respect is not a simple thing for everyone, but he and his family deserve it. There are fathers and dads, he should let Lindsey be a dad~
Old 09-19-2008, 07:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueFaith77 View Post
I have a friend who does hair for celebrities for events and the such. Anyway, she said Kevin Costner was by far the worst person she's ever done. I love Kevin Costner by the way -- even in his flawed films, he's always trying to "do some good." I just mean it goes to show that it depends on circumstances. Celebrities are people too
I know that EVERYBODY has bad days! I met the man twice and he was VERY nice to me, so idk. We all have bad days, I have had my fair share of them lately!

Photobucket

Photobucket
Old 09-20-2008, 04:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Maybe he was just pissed off that his tickets didn't sell and they basically had to give them away. I'd be pissed if it would've been my show and in my hometown.

I've met him several times and he was nothing but nice to me, always respectful and very gracious. I saw Kristen once and maybe she had a bad night but she was whining.

You got a sweet heart
Never will you be replaced