User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 03-08-2024, 10:02 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnwindedDreams View Post
She wouldn’t make a FM album with Christine because talentless and abusive Lindsey would be there. Even though there were four other people there to protect her.
LOL...the Stevie cult has spoken.
Old 03-08-2024, 10:12 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Anyway, i don't expect to see anything from a Dave Stewart collaboration. Her last release was the 24KG concert package and it was not a big seller, I think. She seems determined to be moribund.
Old 03-08-2024, 10:39 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by secret love View Post
$14.99? I pay that much for a tube of high fluoride toothpaste! Can you give me the name of your dentist? Compared to yours my dentist charges like a wounded bull!
And I would travel to US to go the dentist if $14.99 is a usual price!

Actually many peruvians who live in the US usually take the opportunity to go to the dentist here when they come to visit family, cause it's considerably cheaper, or so they say. But definitely it's not $14.99
Old 03-08-2024, 03:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villavic View Post
And I would travel to US to go the dentist if $14.99 is a usual price!

Actually many peruvians who live in the US usually take the opportunity to go to the dentist here when they come to visit family, cause it's considerably cheaper, or so they say. But definitely it's not $14.99
Sh*t, I've got $15,000 in 5 dental implants. And I need two more. The price is INSANE.

The cruise I just went on? I could take TWO AND A HALF CRUISES FOR THE PRICE OF ONE DENTAL IMPLANT. Think about that for a minute. It's nucking futs.
Old 03-08-2024, 04:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Well sh*t my dental sarcasm sure took off more than I thought it would.

For the record, I can't buy a fart in a jar for 14.99 from my dentist. Now, Mick Fleetwood on the other hand would easily sell his farts in a jar for $14.99. That's a given.

Last edited by BigAl84; 03-08-2024 at 04:09 PM..
Old 03-08-2024, 04:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigAl84 View Post
Well sh*t my dental sarcasm sure took off more than I thought it would.

For the record, I can't buy a fart in a jar for 14.99 from my dentist. Now, Mick Fleetwood on the other hand would easily sell his farts in a jar for $14.99. That's a given.
I will NOT be buying those. You can have them all.
Old 03-08-2024, 05:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitzo View Post
Anyway, i don't expect to see anything from a Dave Stewart collaboration. Her last release was the 24KG concert package and it was not a big seller, I think. She seems determined to be moribund.
She worked with Dave Stewart and Greg Kurstin on Show Them The Way. Perhaps she's again working with them on her next album.

Her last release was The Box Set of Albums and Rarities. I believe that sold 20,000.

Show Them The Way and her cover of For What It's Worth did not chart in the Billboard 100. I hope that's not why she hasn't released a new song since Show Them The Way four years ago.
Old 03-08-2024, 06:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigAl84 View Post
You guys make me remeber The Adventures of Prisicilla Queen of the Dessert, where one of the guys (I think it was Felicia) show his "proudest possession", a jar containing sh--t from ABBA’s Agnetha.

Well I wouldn't buy anything like that either. But it would be nice to have Christine's maracas.
Old 03-08-2024, 06:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnwindedDreams View Post
She worked with Dave Stewart and Greg Kurstin on Show Them The Way. Perhaps she's again working with them on her next album.

Her last release was The Box Set of Albums and Rarities. I believe that sold 20,000.

Show Them The Way and her cover of For What It's Worth did not chart in the Billboard 100. I hope that's not why she hasn't released a new song since Show Them The Way four years ago.
I’m pissed that Show Them The Way Was not included on the Rarities disc of her box set.
Old 03-08-2024, 07:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villavic View Post
The Adventures of Prisicilla Queen of the Dessert
I tried that once. It was delicious!
Old 03-08-2024, 07:54 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Was the box set of all albums plus rarities really "hers," though? She sold all the rights to her songs for a hundred million, I thought. In which case any profits from sales of that would not go to her. In any case I really don't expect an album from her. Over the last thirty years she has given us four. The last one was almost ten years ago. Clearly she does not want to record, or she would have done it more. A lot more. Which leaves her catalogue more a historical archive than anything.
Old 03-08-2024, 11:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I believe she just sold the songwriting/publishing and not for all her songs, but most. I'm not sure who owns the actual recording of the songs. Personally I don't really want any new music from her especially if Dave is producing. The last song, For What It's Worth, was kinda nice since she sang softly and didn't shout. I doubt she'd record a whole album with care and not shout out the lyrics though.

Quote:
Was the box set of all albums plus rarities really "hers," though? She sold all the rights to her songs for a hundred million, I thought. In which case any profits from sales of that would not go to her. In any case I really don't expect an album from her. Over the last thirty years she has given us four. The last one was almost ten years ago. Clearly she does not want to record, or she would have done it more. A lot more. Which leaves her catalogue more a historical archive than anything.
Old 03-09-2024, 01:33 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by soul_drifter333 View Post
I believe she just sold the songwriting/publishing and not for all her songs, but most. I'm not sure who owns the actual recording of the songs. Personally I don't really want any new music from her especially if Dave is producing. The last song, For What It's Worth, was kinda nice since she sang softly and didn't shout. I doubt she'd record a whole album with care and not shout out the lyrics though.
For someone who had to start a solo career because she had so many songs that couldn't possibly fit on Fleetwood Mac albums, Stevie hasn't really been that prolific as a songwriter. Eight studio albums in 43 years. I think Fleetwood Mac made more albums in 1967 - 1974 than Stevie has made in her whole career.

What don't people like about Dave Stewart's producing? I really enjoyed In Your Dreams, it's just so nice and pleasant to listen to - but that's just me.
Old 03-09-2024, 03:13 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Maybe Stevie should try an Album of Classic songs.
Rod Stewart ( with Jools Holland) is top of the Album charts !!
“Swing Fever.”
and he cannot sing these days.
He, like Stevie, has a uniform, that hasn’t changed since the 1970’s.
And a hairdo that’s pretty much the same..

Yes that’s the way ahead…
Cole Porter, Gershwin, Irving Berlin, Sammy Kahn etc etc..
She will need a fabulous arranger and that should not be Dave Stewart.

Seriously she should do a Country album

Last edited by sue; 03-09-2024 at 03:14 AM.. Reason: Removing a sentence
Old 03-09-2024, 06:34 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
It was hers - her website and social media posted the singles from the set: My Heart and One More Big Time Rock and Roll Star. The image and font of the box set cover are the image and font that are on a tote bag for sale at her concerts.
The only reason I would question if it was hers was because Show Them The Way was not on the box set, but I think it wasn't on there because it's not a rarity.

If you don't expect an album, what do you make of her telling interviews that she's recorded new songs already? She told The New Yorker in 2022 that she recorded her best song. She told Mike Campbell she recorded three songs with Greg Kurstin.