Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 06-08-2012, 07:37 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Sad news. Condolences especially to Ledgies who loved his era the most. x
Old 06-08-2012, 07:42 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I don't know if any of the Bob Welch fans know this but there are two albums on iTunes that I didn't know about. Firstly there is one called "Live In Japan" and another one called "Bob Welch Sings The Best Songs Ever Written"

Just downloading them now, but thought others might not know about them either.

Perhaps they were discussed in earlier threads and I missed it but if you are sitting there listening to your Bob albums like I am tonight, then perhaps you might want to download these as well?
Old 06-08-2012, 08:07 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Such sad news, .. RIP Bob Welch
Old 06-08-2012, 10:17 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Bummed about this
Old 06-08-2012, 11:06 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Unhappy Sad...

Just saw that...damn!

"To acknowledge death is to accept freedom and responsibility."

"Fleetwood Mac and its fans remind me of a toilet plunger...keep bringing up old sh*t..."
Old 06-08-2012, 11:07 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Hearing about his status as an invalid makes this tragic story even sadder. The poor man! I feel for his wife and his friends.

Mick and Steve said some fine words. I wish John and Christine would step up, too.
Old 06-08-2012, 11:26 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleuzzi View Post
Hearing about his status as an invalid makes this tragic story even sadder. The poor man! I feel for his wife and his friends.

Mick and Steve said some fine words. I wish John and Christine would step up, too.
I just read on Facebook that John is in Japan and may not know yet.
Old 06-08-2012, 11:27 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I heard about his suicide on the news last night. The first thing I did was head over to youtube to watch his '81 Roxy performances.

So sad, so tragic...
Old 06-08-2012, 12:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Hi all,

Just wanted to add my condolences to Bob's wife, family, friends and loved ones. Very sad news, indeed. I do hope that Bob was at peace in his decision.

- Jyqm
Old 06-08-2012, 01:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I haven't posted in the longest time but I too just wanted to add how saddened I was to hear about Bob Welch. He really is one of the most underrated members in Fleetwood Mac's long history. I've been listening to Mystery To Me and French Kiss all day. My heart goes out to his family and his poor wife. Just incredibly sad.
Old 06-08-2012, 02:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Sadly, the last post Bob made on this board was in the thread about Bob Weston dying:
http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showth...t=49478&page=3

I had a brief one-on-one correspondence with Bob a few years ago through his website. I wrote him to ask if he knew Dave Davies (of the Kinks) who is interested in UFOs and other matters that also interested Bob. It was obvious that my query sent Bob to Dave's website, which he then extensively studied, responding to me that he found the material on that website very interesting, and posted a link on his own website. I felt gratified to have connected these two musicians with similar interests.

Another aspect of Bob's website that I enjoyed was that he had generously posted dozens of free MP3s. Some were unrecorded songs, others live recordings of familiar songs, others were just weird and interesting stuff.

He was a genuine person with a feeling of gratitude for the success he'd had in music and a sincere fondness for his fans. Why else would he have graced us with his presence here. I am very saddened by the fact that circumstances in his life had become so intolerable that he felt he had to end it. I grieve with his wife, family and friends, and with all the members of this board who loved him and his music, as I did.
Old 06-08-2012, 02:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie

We've been listening to Mystery To Me, Future Games, and Bare Trees all day. Melancholy day...
Old 06-08-2012, 02:23 PM
Junior Ledgie

I'm still in complete shock and confusion. It doesn't feel real at all, and I didn't even know him personally. Oddly enough, the night before I was at work and, on a complete whim, put in Heroes Are Hard to Find and Mystery To Me (as well as the first Paris album) after having not listened to much Fleetwood Mac in a few months. Little did I know that the next day I would again listen to all of those, and other Bob Welch-related albums, but under a completely different set of circumstances.

It just feels so surreal. I was friends with him on Facebook, and even though I never had the privilege of talking personally to him (I was too chicken :P) I always enjoyed his posts and appreciated his wit and humor, the same quirky style that peeked through in his lyrics back in the day.

My girlfriend and I have been in Nashville a couple of times over the last several months, the more recent trip being just a few weeks ago. Both times we half-jokingly talked about inviting Bob and Wendy to dinner or something, knowing they lived in the area; we never actually sent anything to him on Facebook or what have you, and who knows what, if anything, would have come of it, but of course these are the things you dwell on after it's too late.

What's even more odd to think about is how, as fans, we made it so long in the band's history without losing a (former) member, and in the last nine months or so we've lost all three of the Bobs. It's understandable, as they're all getting older, but it doesn't make it any less depressing.

Anyway, sorry to ramble like that, I'm still in shock. It's so sad.
Old 06-08-2012, 03:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleuzzi View Post
I wish John and Christine would step up, too.
I imagine this will have had a massive effect on Christine and she may not be able to find the words to say. Nor want press around her to be able to say them. John will probably want to grieve quietly too because they're not like Mick and Stevie, so I wouldn't expect them to "speak out" in the same way.

Oh Yeah Christine McVie | Tumblr
Old 06-08-2012, 03:27 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Has Lindsey had anything to say about it? He's usually the band member with the most to say, after all (She says glibly). That's if he even knows, after all. Being on the road I imagine is like being segregated from the rest of the world, constantly going from venue to sleeping quarters to rehearsal space to venue and so on and so forth..