The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Chit Chat
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 03-26-2005, 03:32 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Fighting foh the Nohthun Stah...NO SPEED LIMIT! BITCH! THIS IS THE FAST LANE!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by belladonna.
you can call me a bitch, i kinda like it

ahem.

and yeah, i know, i always feel this urge to be nice to other cancers too
i guess we're just awesome like that
Guess we are, straight up.... It's probably cause we know we're straight bitches, with super "sensitive feelings" underneath... *stupid sensitive feelings*
And...did I know you would like it? Yes I diiiiidddd.....oooo, oooo oo ooo, ooo ooooo...oooo. ooo ooo oo...have you forgotten meee....

Whehyll I can do EHYT!! Wehyll I can make it WAHN moh thihme! (wheyllit'sA reayllongwaytogooo! To say goodbhiiy!) -
Old 03-26-2005, 03:36 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Thanks guys, I'll give that a try tomorrow. Looooong day today. I'm fried. Too tired to attempt anything other than some wine, then Tylenol PM. I could really use a nice 10 hour sleep!!!(and I'm off tomorrow!{Sat's off are rare in my business}. Am I the only one that sleeps fine for a few weeks, then sleeps like **** for a few?
Here's to sleepin' with your pooch!
Old 03-26-2005, 03:42 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Fighting foh the Nohthun Stah...NO SPEED LIMIT! BITCH! THIS IS THE FAST LANE!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie
Thanks guys, I'll give that a try tomorrow. Looooong day today. I'm fried. Too tired to attempt anything other than some wine, then Tylenol PM. I could really use a nice 10 hour sleep!!!(and I'm off tomorrow!{Sat's off are rare in my business}. Am I the only one that sleeps fine for a few weeks, then sleeps like **** for a few?
Here's to sleepin' with your pooch!
Or your cat...although I know you think cats are disposable.
Innyways....yeah, it's super easy, just go to photobucket.com or tinypic.com, and you will have it! Good luck with your superpooch!

Whehyll I can do EHYT!! Wehyll I can make it WAHN moh thihme! (wheyllit'sA reayllongwaytogooo! To say goodbhiiy!) -
Old 03-26-2005, 04:04 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by amber
Or your cat...although I know you think cats are disposable.
Hey, I love my two cats! But............dogs are like people, at least to me. Cats, are superior "pets"(how's that?). FAR less maintenance! Dogs are just like taking care of a child....beck, and call....
Quote:
Good luck with your superpooch!
Thanks. He's the best!
Old 03-26-2005, 11:09 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Hey, I love my two cats! But............dogs are like people, at least to me. Cats, are superior "pets"(how's that?). FAR less maintenance! Dogs are just like taking care of a child....beck, and call....

Thanks. He's the best!
Yes you're right, hence the plaque I've seen recently "Dogs have owners. Cats have staff." However, cats can be very loving, when Mufy is it's extra special because I can't just get his affection on demand. However, sometimes I wish he were a dog because when I say "Mufy come here." I get nothin'.
Old 03-26-2005, 01:01 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuzeQuze
Yes you're right, hence the plaque I've seen recently "Dogs have owners. Cats have staff." However, cats can be very loving, when Mufy is it's extra special because I can't just get his affection on demand. However, sometimes I wish he were a dog because when I say "Mufy come here." I get nothin'.
Dogs want to please you. Cats want to please themselves. I very much appreciate how EASY it is to care for a cat, as compared to a dog. I probably spend a total of 7 minutes a week, cleaning the litterbox(twice/week), and filling bowls. Now THAT's low maintenance!
Old 03-26-2005, 01:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Dogs want to please you. Cats want to please themselves. I very much appreciate how EASY it is to care for a cat, as compared to a dog. I probably spend a total of 7 minutes a week, cleaning the litterbox(twice/week), and filling bowls. Now THAT's low maintenance!
Right. I love that too but I would have a dog also if it were allowed here. My landlord nearly croaked when she found out about the cat as it is. Fortunately she is an animal lover.

By the way, Mufy just loves chiffon. I have chiffon curtains and some Stevie skirts with it. He likes to lick it! It's so strange. He also likes to put his claws thru it. Right now he is sleeping on my burnout velvet/chiffon Stevie skirt, what a sweetie .
Old 03-28-2005, 03:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

My kitties are all about the attitude. Our dog? Not so much. More "oh my gosh, they're going to pet me, I'm wagging my tail so fast it might fall off, I hope they like me, please pet me, I love you."

The cats? "You will pet me now. Right now. OK, I'm done with you for now. Goodbye."
Old 03-28-2005, 04:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Sigh - I'm pretty sure I've spoiled my dog to the point where she thinks she is in charge. She's been a bit pain in the ass-like lately - and it's totally my fault for not establishing myself as the alpha dog
Old 03-28-2005, 04:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrummerDeanna
Sigh - I'm pretty sure I've spoiled my dog to the point where she thinks she is in charge. She's been a bit pain in the ass-like lately - and it's totally my fault for not establishing myself as the alpha dog
Dogs should really be trained. They like it, and it's just better.

Old 03-28-2005, 04:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
You are a horrible, horrible person.

Seriously though, take charge & become the alpha, girl!
Old 03-28-2005, 04:27 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Dogs should really be trained. They like it, and it's just better.

She's trained - I mean she will do what I tell her...eventually...she's just recently taken over my furniture - and her hearing is becoming more and more selective...I'm thinking she may also be pissed off that I left for trips to Connecticut and then NYC....lol....who knows...

Oh right -I also gave her a bath which she wasn't happy about....
Old 03-28-2005, 04:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Here's a picture of my 14-year-old cat, Alex. He's close to 20 pounds and he was really wanting my attention while I was attempting to study for a test.

Old 03-28-2005, 04:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
She's trained - I mean she will do what I tell her...eventually...she's just recently taken over my furniture - and her hearing is becoming more and more selective...I'm thinking she may also be pissed off that I left for trips to Connecticut and then NYC....lol....who knows...

Oh right -I also gave her a bath which she wasn't happy about....
oh, yeah - the furniture thing. Aww, she's so cute - how can you kick her off?

Old 03-28-2005, 04:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
oh, yeah - the furniture thing. Aww, she's so cute - how can you kick her off?

weelllll the "game" she's been playing lately - like when she was dripping wet from the bath or just in from being in the muddy backyard...she's either get on the couch...or my favorite...find a pile of laundry (yes - it's my fault for leaving clothes on the floor) - and with all the empty floor space - she will opt to lay directly on my laundry

Still - I love her and continue to spoil her