Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Lindsey Buckingham
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 09-06-2011, 05:06 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Okay. Been listening to the album since I got it and have a new favourite. When She Comes Down is utterly gorgeous. Kind of reminds me of Bleed To Love Her, D.W Suite or the Eurythmics song, Angel.

I'm constantly finding new aspects of this album to fall in love with.
Old 09-06-2011, 07:37 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Off to get the album soon. Be back with my thoughts later.

Mick

-Tom Waits
Old 09-06-2011, 07:43 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I've heard just a few bits of the album, don't have time for a proper listen tonight

BUT

Can someone please explain to me why Lindsey feels it necessary to drag out evvvvvverrrrrrrryyyyyyyyyy second wwwwwwooooorrrrrdddddd?
Old 09-06-2011, 09:05 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Fantastic album. I am still absorbing myself around it, but loving what I'm hearing.
Also, the iTunes version has a bonus track, Sleeping Around The Corner, which I added to my Amazon download, so now I have (3) Bonus Tracks. Yeah.
Old 09-06-2011, 09:35 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard B View Post
Fantastic album. I am still absorbing myself around it, but loving what I'm hearing.
Also, the iTunes version has a bonus track, Sleeping Around The Corner, which I added to my Amazon download, so now I have (3) Bonus Tracks. Yeah.
thanks. i'll make a separate thread as a heads up that album is now available on itunes + there is bonus track.
Old 09-06-2011, 09:44 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
thanks. i'll make a separate thread as a heads up that album is now available on itunes + there is bonus track.
Please do! Always good to spread the word. Plus it's nice that the iTunes Bonus track can be purchased alone without buying the whole album.
Old 09-06-2011, 09:59 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Exclamation Omg!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard B View Post
WOAH!! WHAT?! Must go to iTunes when I get home after work!

Thanks for the info!! Look like I'll have the Amazon and iTunes versions plus the CD. Heh.
Old 09-06-2011, 10:14 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by wondergirl9847 View Post

Thanks for the info!! Look like I'll have the Amazon and iTunes versions plus the CD. Heh.
Yep, pretty much the same for me. I'll do this for LB of course. It's because he rocks my world and puts out masterpieces nonchalantly and won't stop being amazing. But that's the only reason I do it.

"Reality leaves a lot to the imagination." ~ JL
Old 09-06-2011, 10:42 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nico View Post
Yep, pretty much the same for me. I'll do this for LB of course. It's because he rocks my world and puts out masterpieces nonchalantly and won't stop being amazing. But that's the only reason I do it.
speaking of multiple versions... happy to report UPS truck just arrived at my door
Old 09-06-2011, 10:44 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
speaking of multiple versions... happy to report UPS truck just arrived at my door
Yay! So now you have the physical album, the Amazon album, and are you getting the iTunes one with the bonus track as well elle?

Old 09-06-2011, 10:50 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Yay! So now you have the physical album, the Amazon album, and are you getting the iTunes one with the bonus track as well elle?
don't think so - amazon dl one is already converted to itunes... plan to get just the bonus track (sorry LB!).

but i am supposed to get another copy that i ordered through TM when it first popped up there in june and it's not clear when that one will arrive - whenever it does will give it to somebody as a gift...
Old 09-06-2011, 10:50 AM
Addicted Ledgie

End Of Time kills me. So good.
Old 09-06-2011, 10:55 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
don't think so - amazon dl one is already converted to itunes... plan to get just the bonus track (sorry LB!).

but i am supposed to get another copy that i ordered through TM when it first popped up there in june and it's not clear when that one will arrive - whenever it does will give it to somebody as a gift...
You know, I was supposed to get like 3 of those GOS (or was it UTS) through TM at some point when I bought all my concert tix...I never got them. I think perhaps I was gipped. But since I already had the albums I totally forgot.

I'm just buying the individual track as well for iTunes...better do that now.

I think I'm going to actually review his album on Amazon!!! I never felt so compelled to do so as now...

Old 09-06-2011, 11:01 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
You know, I was supposed to get like 3 of those GOS (or was it UTS) through TM at some point when I bought all my concert tix...I never got them. I think perhaps I was gipped. But since I already had the albums I totally forgot.

I'm just buying the individual track as well for iTunes...better do that now.

I think I'm going to actually review his album on Amazon!!! I never felt so compelled to do so as now...
yeah, i'm thinking the same... was wondering why you didn't just put up the whole review when i saw your response to that disgruntled mixing/mastering engineer who keeps giving every album he buys one star b/c he doesn't like mixing.
Old 09-06-2011, 11:10 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
yeah, i'm thinking the same... was wondering why you didn't just put up the whole review when i saw your response to that disgruntled mixing/mastering engineer who keeps giving every album he buys one star b/c he doesn't like mixing.
I know! But this album has just been so gorgeous and perfect to me that I fear I might fangirl through the whole review. I don't want to sound like an over-enthused teenybopper on that type of review, so I need to take a breath and sort of think logically/objectively and put down my thoughts. I'll probably share the review on here as well. I'm not gonna lie, I suck at reviews because I always feel compelled to review things I seriously love and, well, you can guess how my reviews end up sounding.