The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 01-07-2024, 07:03 PM
Junior Ledgie

From a historical standpoint the book was fascinating. What was going on and in what order, the craziness of enormous fame. The venues, the interviews, the changes the band members went through from the Penguin album up through Mirage. One thing I have a hard time with is Carol Ann was on the point of beginning her career as a producer, being mentored by Bob Ezrin. Yet she chose to give it up and nursemaid LB.
Old 01-07-2024, 07:05 PM
Junior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynne View Post
Oh Deeshere you made me pick it up and start to finish it. That was a lot of info. Thank you for posting it. What about the incident where Carol tells Lindsey something about Stevie and he goes and whispers something in Stevie's ear on the plane and how it made Stevie's eyes buldge out and set her in her place. I wonder what was said. It's bad but the more I read this thread about Carol, the more I just dislike her. I guess it had to feel horrific to stand next to Stevie, watch her being adored by millions and be so talented and all you were was a girlfriend who tagged along to concerts and hung out at Lindsey's house and had no career and was really ugly next to Stevie. Ewwwwww that was so bad, I just had to type it, sorry. I guess she was ok looking. No, really she wasn't at all. Sorry. Next to Stevie, Carol was just gawd awful. Can't help it. I love how Carol likes to mention everytime someone tells her she looked beautiful in the book etc, that made me puke. I have had people tell me I looked great before, but it would never go in my book, even if it was Christ who said it. I guess I have a lot of youtube searching to do tonight. In the end I believe carol's life was miserable during that time due to, just Stevie's energy being around. I wonder how she feels about all the new come backs with Stevie on AHS and how great she looks. I guess no one has any photos of Carol? Also did Stevie or Lindsey ever comment on this book? I hate myself for not being caught up. It would really help if stevie just gave the world what they wanted and wrote a 1000 page book with photos and gave a few snark remarks about Carol. By the way if Lindsey heard that Stevie said she would never let Carol marry him, it probably turned him on and off he went to find her. Finishing the book now
That's a really honest review of the book. And I must say I agree with you. I mean, what's LB done since he broke up w/Carol Ann? & what's Carol Ann done since she broke up w/LB?