The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 04-18-2014, 10:01 AM
Addicted Ledgie

What pre 1972 iconic Fleetwood Mac songs are we talking about??? The only pre 1972 FM song I ever hear on the radio is "Black Magic Woman" and that's the Santana version...
Old 04-18-2014, 10:30 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueDenimLamp View Post
What pre 1972 iconic Fleetwood Mac songs are we talking about??? The only pre 1972 FM song I ever hear on the radio is "Black Magic Woman" and that's the Santana version...
Albatross and Oh Well.
Old 04-18-2014, 10:47 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
i have to assume you are joking.

if not maybe google Fleetwood Mac sometime.

let's face it, i may be primarily a LB fan, but pre-1972 FM songs can be labeled as iconic way more than any after that.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 04-18-2014, 12:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

[This is an excerpt from a metaphysical book. Ok, how does this writer know what level of reincarnation you are at? Personally, I can't imagine that Mick is at a very high level of incarnation. I think he has a lot of improvements to make through the generations. I guess Mick is just considered a leader]

http://www.briefingwire.com/pr/21-in...o-be-the-loser

21 Incarnation Levels : Winning involves injury to a victim, someone who has to be the loser.

See "The Great Book of New Jerusalem" written by David Joseph Brideau for further details regarding this new discovery no one has ever revealed before.

David also said, "Not one of them is good, for God alone is good."

Sachiel, Astarte, Baal, Nehema, Sandalphon, and Beelzebub are level 7-12.

Samael, Gabriel, Lucifer, Michael, Asmodeus, Belphegor, Adramelech, Cassiel, and Lilith are level 13-21.

Marlon Brando and Stephen Segal are Adramelech for example, in hell these are 'the warden'.

Samael is represented best by Cheech Marin, Robin Williams, and Ronald Reagan.

In heaven, Melchizedic functions as a sort of university head, or dean of a college. You will notice Mr Hand from Fast Times at Ridgemont High and George Carlin, who will go on to become Joe Cocker, Ian Anderson of Jethro Tull, and Mick Fleetwood of Fleetwood Mac; are Melchizedic.

Stay tuned for more regarding this interesting topic...
Old 04-18-2014, 01:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
i have to assume you are joking.

if not maybe google Fleetwood Mac sometime.

let's face it, i may be primarily a LB fan, but pre-1972 FM songs can be labeled as iconic way more than any after that.
I am well aware that Fleetwood Mac existed before Buckingham/Nicks but I can't say I've ever heard any "early years" pre 1972 songs on the radio...On rare occasion "Hero's are hard to find " or "Sentimental Lady" but that's a bit later...It would be nice if the band would play some of the pre-B/N songs...Since the blues really isn't LB's thing maybe they should bring Billy & Rick out for "Black Magic Woman" "Oh Well" and "Rattlesnake Shake"...
Old 04-18-2014, 03:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
ISince the blues really isn't LB's thing maybe they should bring Billy & Rick out for "Black Magic Woman" "Oh Well" and "Rattlesnake Shake"...
Lindsey can play the blues. He just chooses not to. Billy and Rick should never step foot on a FM stage again as a lead guitarist while they still have Lindsey around.
Old 04-26-2014, 05:55 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

http://www.express.co.uk/entertainme...linda-Carlisle

My six best albums: Go-Go’s lead singer Belinda Carlisle

FLEETWOOD MAC: Rumours

(WarnerBros)

Everything that Fleetwood Mac have ever done I love.

And I just love, love, love Stevie Nicks. Fleetwood Mac are a part of me on a cellular level but tragically I’ve never seen them live.

STEVIE NICKS AND LINDSEY BUCKINGHAM: Buckingham Nicks

(Import)

I don’t know how I found this album as it is pretty rare but I discovered it in around 1984 and played it over and over.

The cover is absolutely beautiful and they’re both in their prime and the songs are really romantic, really beautiful and really simple.

"There’s nothing going on between you and me except that there will always be something going on between you and me. Until the day we die"
Old 05-01-2014, 12:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie

KZOK May 1, 2014

http://kzok.cbslocal.com/2014/05/01/...c-rock-videos/

Fleetwood Mac drummer Mick Fleetwood filed for bankruptcy today in 1984. The band had been on hiatus, and while Lindsey Buckingham, Stevie Nicks, and Christine McVie had all released solo albums…well, Mick was the drummer, and had somehow managed to blow a mind-boggling amount of money, though he did manage to pick up little extra cash acting.
Old 05-11-2014, 02:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie

[From an interview with Charlotte Ritchie and her Step Brother Luke]

http://www.graziadaily.co.uk/convers...-get-an-exclus

First song you fell in love with? Fleetwood Mac - 'Everywhere'

'Our dad used to play their greatest hits it in the car when we were young. (Still does).'
Old 05-13-2014, 12:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Old 05-13-2014, 12:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivfox View Post
still curious to find out whether he ever got to meet Lindsey when he was waiting for him in front of his dressing room at the grammys. he certainly keeps mentioning how he's trying to emulate some of his guitar playing in bunch of interviews.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 05-29-2014, 09:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

[Excerpt from a Charlotte Observer article about the band Matrimony, 5/29/2014]

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/201...e-in-wake.html

Of the new tracks, “Lucky Man” and “A Different Kind of Loving” play up what Irvine jokingly calls their hillbilly Fleetwood Mac nature, with Brown’s bombastic delivery channeling Lindsey Buckingham against Hardee Brown’s softer harmonies. It’s refreshing for anyone who’s been longing for Fleetwood Mac-style pop music.

“I heard Stevie Nicks say when she played Charlotte, ‘Whenever you write a song, don’t worry about the arrangement, just go with the feeling.’ I got goosebumps,” Brown says. “Music is just emotions. ... If it just takes you somewhere you didn’t know you were going to go for three minutes or an hour and a half, that’s awesome.”

Read more here: http://www.charlotteobserver.com/201...#storylink=cpy
Old 06-02-2014, 11:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Excerpt from guide to Los Angeles in the Wall Street Journal for Rangers fans by Jason Gay, June 2, 2014

http://online.wsj.com/articles/a-ran...l-a-1401755451

If you are operated on in a Los Angeles hospital, the doctors will either play Fleetwood Mac's "Fleetwood Mac," Fleetwood Mac's "Rumours," or, in exceptional instances, Fleetwood Mac's "Tusk."
Old 06-07-2014, 06:02 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Fleetwood Mac - Paper Doll

"Directed by Peter Conn in 1992, this video was a lot of fun to make. Dealing only with Mick Fleetwood who wanted the video to this song to be made from all their old videos for the retrospective album "25 Years - The Chain," I came up with the idea of projecting the old videos on bodies covered in white makeup then rephotographing them.

One interesting fact is that this video had the easiest approval of any FM video ever done at Warner Records. The reason for that came from the original design that there would be two levels of approvals, the first being an edit of the song using the old videos. This was circulated among the band members including Stevie Nicks and Christine McVie, who saw themselves and of course approved. The edit was then transferred to 16mm film for projection.

The other interesting fact is that the girl cast to be the human projection screen was the voluptuous Julie Strain, Penthouse Pet of the Year and famous B movie actress. Although never revealed fully in the video, she made for quite a screen."
http://milesconsulting.org/motion.html

“Remember, in the grand scheme of things, what we do for a living is not very important. After all, we’re not curing cancer here.” - John McVie
http://goldduststevie.tumblr.com/
Old 06-07-2014, 02:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie

^Really nice Paperdoll tidbit there. Thanks for posting.

Michele