The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 04-20-2024, 12:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Hi! Now that I read all your comments, I only can blame Lindsey for all of that...

NOPE!! Hahaha just kidding

Lindsey definitely took the production in bad moments...Tusk, because it was "not Rumours", so it's not that popular...Tango, because it was "too plastic", so it left some radio tracks and nothing else...And then OOTC, because it was "not according to the time", so it made him disappear some years before the FM returning...ˇAy caramba!

He put his best efforts on three albums that went to trash after some years because of the times they were recorded! But come on, most of the 1987 music was plastic and synth-made...Of course we can't compare TITN with the Peter Green or Welch/Kirwan times, but it's a very nice album.

Oh, and about the tweet, I posted that I love Big Love but my fav one is You & I, Part I...I think I'm the only one hehe
Old 04-20-2024, 12:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie

The fact they didn't take a promo pic when they were doing the Big Love video on the beach is an all-time tragedy.
Old 04-20-2024, 12:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Street_Dreamer View Post
The fact they didn't take a promo pic when they were doing the Big Love video on the beach is an all-time tragedy.
True, I wonder who the girl was in the video. A model of some sort.
Old 04-20-2024, 12:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by moon View Post
Hi! Now that I read all your comments, I only can blame Lindsey for all of that...

NOPE!! Hahaha just kidding

Lindsey definitely took the production in bad moments...Tusk, because it was "not Rumours", so it's not that popular...Tango, because it was "too plastic", so it left some radio tracks and nothing else...And then OOTC, because it was "not according to the time", so it made him disappear some years before the FM returning...ˇAy caramba!

He put his best efforts on three albums that went to trash after some years because of the times they were recorded! But come on, most of the 1987 music was plastic and synth-made...Of course we can't compare TITN with the Peter Green or Welch/Kirwan times, but it's a very nice album.

Oh, and about the tweet, I posted that I love Big Love but my fav one is You & I, Part I...I think I'm the only one hehe
I think the point is that it doesn't hold up to the standard that White, Rumours, Tusk, and Mirage set. Those albums sound like THE BAND, not some stupid computer.

Tango is the AI for 1987!
Old 04-20-2024, 12:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleuzzi View Post
Only Big Love sounds new in the sense it wasn’t following a trend as much as carving out a new space for a different kind of song.
I thought it sounded pretty interchangeable with “Go Insane.”

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 04-20-2024, 12:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by moon View Post

...Of course we can't compare TITN with the Peter Green or Welch/Kirwan times, but it's a very nice album.
I agree. It would be like comparing The Works with A Night at the Opera.
Old 04-23-2024, 10:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
I thought it sounded pretty interchangeable with “Go Insane.”
They’re definitely cousins, but I wouldn’t say interchangeable.

In the context of a FM album, Big Love sounds new, sounds different, weirder for sure, and oddly more of a solo statement than Go Insane, which is solo. The bulk of Tango sounds like cleverly-disguised reiterations of previous modes.

For what it’s worth, Stand Back is a new kind of song for Stevie. But not a FM song.

Last edited by aleuzzi; 04-23-2024 at 10:56 PM..
Old 04-24-2024, 07:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleuzzi View Post
They’re definitely cousins, but I wouldn’t say interchangeable.

In the context of a FM album, Big Love sounds new, sounds different, weirder for sure, and oddly more of a solo statement than Go Insane, which is solo. The bulk of Tango sounds like cleverly-disguised reiterations of previous modes.

For what it’s worth, Stand Back is a new kind of song for Stevie. But not a FM song.
I thought If Anyone Falls and Stand Back were brilliant for Stevie.