Bareback...
d,
Stevie Riding the IYD's Horseb.jpg
Old 06-15-2012, 01:27 AM
Addicted Ledgie

[QUOTE=Macfanforever;1054496]
Quote:
Originally Posted by drag00n View Post

Thanks for checking into it.I guess Heineken is in FM's tour rider.I haven't had a Heineken bottle in years.
According to Ken Caillat in his book, that was all Mick drank and that's the only beer that would be stocked in the studio when they were recording.
Old 06-15-2012, 03:49 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfanforever View Post
Hahahaha.I understand about no sleep.Thats probably why there is so many mistakes in my writing here.
At the end I was so tired and eventually had to go to sleep!
I dreamed about Chris. I often do it, but in the last one we were in a meadow at sunset. She had a black shirt with small pink flowers painted on it. And jeans. I was knelt down at her feet in the grass and I hugged her waist; she stood motionless, looking at me and on her face there was only of peace, happiness, tranquility ... bliss.
She was so beautiful and had an angelic face that I though it was the apparition of the Virgin Mary So beautiful...something else happened in this dream, nothing censurable because it was an innocent kiss that I will never forget. Anyway....

Quote:
Ask and you shall receive... Looks like Heineken to me....
Makes sense, as I remember reading that was the beer they always requested when touring.
d,
From this moment on I'll always drink Heineken And I'd like t have a poster of this pic over my bed, along with my fav pic (the one in b/w where she has a white shirt opened on her chest and a denim jacket).

Did you ever imagined that Stevie could turn into a sauce while Chris and Lindsey were preparing the sandwich? Well, she did....

Last edited by Chris_Lover; 06-15-2012 at 04:09 AM..
Old 06-15-2012, 04:08 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I found this draw on a site and I think it's very nice:

Gosh, at first when I saw it I thought it was Chris...well, a very small Chris!

Old 06-15-2012, 04:20 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Really, Stevie and Chris could both partecipate to the Best Leg Contest

This is big!

Old 06-15-2012, 07:28 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris_Lover View Post
Did you ever imagined that Stevie could turn into a sauce while Chris and Lindsey were preparing the sandwich? Well, she did....
Ha-ha! Perfect timing!
Old 06-15-2012, 07:31 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I love everything about this photo. Gorgeous!
Old 06-15-2012, 01:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I never had a screen cap of that before, very nice. I only saw two Mirage shows in person, but from the shows I saw and the videos we have of other performances, I think they probably kissed on the lips during every Mirage concert.

And they did sometimes during The Dance tour too, often at the end of the Dance show, Christine would walk directly into Lindsey's arms, but at some point during the tour Christine just stopped hugging everyone altogether.

Michele
Old 06-15-2012, 01:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
One of the funniest screen caps ever!
Old 06-15-2012, 03:55 PM
Banned

Cool Nice!!!

[QUOTE [/QUOTE]

I was thinking more a "Mirage a' toi"

LOVE the picture!!!

d,
Old 06-15-2012, 04:41 PM
Banned

[QUOTE: my fav pic (the one in b/w where she has a white shirt opened on her chest and a denim jacket)./QUOTE]

Is this the one?
tumblr_lz18ykpQoj1qbt6gjo1_500.jpg

d,
Old 06-15-2012, 06:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Thank you Michele, CAD and Dragoon! Yeah, I took that screencap 2 days ago from The Dance concert, because I thought it was funny too

I just have something to say about The Dance concert, because I couldn't stop thinking that Chris was sad there. I couldn't recognize our sweet, smiling Chris there anymore. For me, it's heartbreaking to see her so depressed.
It seems she was often holding back tears and/or her mind was elsewhere, rather than on stage, smiling only to the audience. Even when she sang "Bleed to love her" and Lindsey was looking at her, her look seemed so empty of emotions. I think she stopped hugging the other FM members when she started talking about her retirement after the tour, and at first they where disappointed.
Stevie knew Chris was tired of touring and something was bothering her, she understood the problems and maybe was the only one who gently supported and listened to her, acting as a sort of "psychologist" to her. Only after the Grammy Awards in 1998, in the backstage, Chris started crying like a baby and told Stevie that she was having panic attacks and was afraid of flying. She couldn't tour anymore, so when Stevie suggested her to leave Los Angeles and come back home, Chris sold her car, her house and immediately flow back to England. I've also read that she was afraid of California earthquakes (I'd like to live there someday, but I can understand her since here in Italy it's a month we are experiencing it and it's not so funny)
Last night I found this interview where Stevie talked about what happened to Chris back in 1998:

"We never wanted Christine to leave," Nicks says. "We wanted Christine to change her mind. But what happened was, Christine had been keeping big secrets from us all the many years. She was afraid to fly. Because she's such a tough old bird, she never let us know. And she was having panic attacks about it. She was really having a hard time with the traveling, and they say when people get older, you get more claustrophobic and more sensitive, and I think you really do. And so it hit Chris, and she was like, 'I don't want to do it anymore.' And it's not that she didn't want to come on stage, not that she didn't want to do music anymore. She just didn't want to tour. (......) The horrible thing, which breaks our heart, is just Christine herself. Her personality, her crazy English self. She was a buffer between all of us. She was definitely a buffer between me and Lindsey, and she would be the one to say -- [imitating a chirpy British accent] 'You guys are all being stupid!' She'd be like 'Break it up, break it up!' " You can read the whole interview here : http://www.post-gazette.com/stories/...#ixzz1xuElMr6d
"

That's why I'm so sad anytime I watch The Dance concert, knowing she was suffering and maybe was thinking about the most appropriate way to tell it to the band. That's why Stevie said "Christine had been keeping big secrets from us all the many years" and the band, suspecting something, started to behave in a more detached way until the truth would come to light. You can't try to "change the mind" of a person who has a disease or a phobia such as Aerophobia for Chris (or Arachnophobia for me). You can't heal it and it can only worsen with age. This is just my guess, don't take it seriously because I may be wrong!

Quote:
[QUOTE: my fav pic (the one in b/w where she has a white shirt opened on her chest and a denim jacket)./QUOTE]

Is this the one?
Attachment 11105

d,
Oh yeah, it's that one!
And I could NEVER find it in high resolution (neither the other pictures from the same photo session, that I also love), so I had to resize it and increase the resolution, but it's not the same because it became pixeled. I wanted to print it as a poster, but if I'll do it definitely would come out with bad results.

Last edited by Chris_Lover; 06-15-2012 at 06:39 PM..
Old 06-15-2012, 06:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

I have somethingto say about The Dance concert, because I couldn't stop thinking that Chris was sad there. I couldn't recognize our sweet, smiling Chris there anymore. For me, it's heartbreaking to see her so depressed.
I don't think Chris was especially sad when that dvd was taped. I think she may have been after the tour lasted several weeks, but not at the beginning.

I saw many shows, but I would have tried to see more, if I'd known she was leaving. In retrospect I can infer a lot, but I can't say that at the time I noticed she was sad, but I did notice that she stopped hugging (although Lindsey always did come over to her piano for Stand Back and during the guitar solos on his songs and they made contact then) and I noticed that she stopped participating on Not That Funny for as long as she did at the beginning of the tour. Her attitude was more workmanlike than exuberant as time went on.

Michele
Old 06-15-2012, 08:01 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
Her attitude was more workmanlike than exuberant as time went on.

Michele
Bingo! That's the right word, Michele!
She started to lost her usual exuberance and you could sense her uneasiness with the rest of the band. Besides I think that when Lindsey was staring at her while singing "Bleed to love her" was only a friendly way to try and encourage her, since as you said she was a little "sluggish".
You are lucky you could see their shows, I know that on The Dance but also on Mirage DVD many tracks were edited out (on Mirage: "Second Hand News", "Don't Stop", "Dreams", "Brown Eyes", "Oh Well", "Never Going Back Again", "Landslide", "Sara", and "Hold Me", reducing the 135 minute show to just 80 minutes on cassette, as written on Wikipedia). "Stand back" and "Not that funny" aren't on The Dance dvd, so lucky everyone who could fully see their past and presents shows. If no one ever videotaped it during the concerts ('cos I think it wasn't always legally possible) we could never see these lost performances, and for example I'd love to see Chris singing "Brown eyes" during the Mirage tour.

Anyway, I created this just for fun....
Old 06-15-2012, 08:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie

^^^^ LMAO, genius!

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting