Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 04-13-2024, 06:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Tango was announced

Lindsey just posted in his networks 37 years ago Tango In The Night was announced. He asks his fans to comment on their favorite song. Though expected, it's interesting to read different opinions, including Caroline from two fans (it's the only song I don't like from that album), though I didn't reach the end of the answers list in Twitter.

https://twitter.com/LBuckingham/stat...24557305389169
Old 04-13-2024, 06:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

You beat me to the punch! 37 years. I remember getting an announcement on the radio that the first song from Fleetwood Mac in 5 years was coming up. I could not contain myself. When the album came out, I drove to the mall and bought the cassette.
It was an exciting time for sure!
I remember the Mac Attack on MTV too.

I was so excited and I loved the album. However its not one of my favorite albums. Its too synth pop and programmed stuff for my liking. As usual Chris brought the best songs. Although Lindsey's title track is a favorite of mine. It was not a group effort and I feel bad for what Lindsey had to go through. Stevie was barely there. She was drunk when she was there and her vocals were so bad Lindsey would delete them after she left....thus that "oooh my love" disaster.

When Nicks did go to the studio, she often felt unmotivated: "I can remember going up there and not being happy to even be there... I didn't go very often". Vocal sessions took place in Buckingham's master bedroom, where Nicks frequently recorded her parts for Buckingham and McVie's songs under the influence of alcohol; Buckingham deleted most of Nicks' vocals after she left the studio. "I'm not blaming him for that because I'm sure they totally sucked. Vocals done when you're crazy and drinking a cup of brandy probably aren't usually going to be great".

Buckingham recorded some of the vocals using a Fairlight, an early sampling synthesizer. On "When I See You Again", he re-assembled separately recorded takes of Nicks, explaining, "I had to pull performances out of words and lines and make parts that sounded like her that weren't her". "That was in my estimation when everybody in the band was personally at their worst. By the time we did Tango in the Night, everybody was leading their lives in a way that they would not be too proud of today

Last edited by Macfan4life; 04-13-2024 at 06:25 PM..
Old 04-14-2024, 09:45 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
When Nicks did go to the studio, she often felt unmotivated: "I can remember going up there and not being happy to even be there... I didn't go very often". Vocal sessions took place in Buckingham's master bedroom, where Nicks frequently recorded her parts for Buckingham and McVie's songs under the influence of alcohol; Buckingham deleted most of Nicks' vocals after she left the studio. "I'm not blaming him for that because I'm sure they totally sucked. Vocals done when you're crazy and drinking a cup of brandy probably aren't usually going to be great".
According to Mick's book it wa... Well I think I already posted about it few months ago. Besides I don't want to cause Homer a stroke.

But seriously, where did you read or watch that? Interesting what she said.
Old 04-14-2024, 11:35 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villavic View Post
According to Mick's book it wa... Well I think I already posted about it few months ago. Besides I don't want to cause Homer a stroke.

I bought a case of KY, and I've got my rubber gloves on. Just keep it up!
Old 04-14-2024, 11:41 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I posted that Family Man was my favorite song. I still love it. Did not like anything that Stevie brought to the table. At her lowest point I think. I can really understand Lindsey not wanting to tour. With Mick and Stevie they way they were, I can't imagine what a tour would have been like. I think he really though they might die on the road.

I have changed, but you remain ageless
Old 04-14-2024, 02:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I've never understood the deep love that "Tango in the Night" gets from critics and Fleetwood Mac fans. The album's sound has definitely not aged well - it's extremely synth heavy and overproduced, like most late 80's music.

The production on Fleetwood Mac's first three albums with the Buckingham Nicks lineup is timeless - the music holds up well and it's not dated. Even "Mirage" is a far superior album to "Tango in the Night".

"Tango in the Night" definitely has some fine moments, but it's far from one of the greatest Fleetwood Mac albums.
Old 04-14-2024, 04:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepless child View Post
I posted that Family Man was my favorite song. I still love it. Did not like anything that Stevie brought to the table. At her lowest point I think. I can really understand Lindsey not wanting to tour. With Mick and Stevie they way they were, I can't imagine what a tour would have been like. I think he really though they might die on the road.
Family Man. Oh
I like that everyone thinks differently.

'Where words fail, music speaks'
Mick Fleetwood
Old 04-14-2024, 03:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villavic View Post

I love when you quote the book, so please keep doing it. I love reading MICK"S "pov" haha.