Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Chit Chat
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 03-01-2005, 12:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Exclamation Dissention - HELP!!!!

LOL....so um....this morning I got ready - washed my face - moisturized - put on my makeup (I wear very little - I like to keep it natural and simple)

Anyway - I got into my car - looked into the mirror and notice this big as wrinkle thing - like the diagonal line things that extend from the nose the corner of the mouth....and in between my eye brows - looked older - well I freaked out....

So um you're like the moisturizer face product guru it seems.....I need advice here......this has me a bit freaked out today......

And anyone else with a good product tip - please chime in...

BTW - I can't do chemical peels or anything that could scar because my skin scars WAY easy - and extreme things like that never completely heal - so I'd look horrible permanently....
Old 03-01-2005, 12:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Fighting foh the Nohthun Stah...NO SPEED LIMIT! BITCH! THIS IS THE FAST LANE!!!

I'm not Dissention, but you better start wearing sunscreen every day, if you don't already. In addition to whatever fabulous cream he recommends. Most skin damage is from the sun.

Whehyll I can do EHYT!! Wehyll I can make it WAHN moh thihme! (wheyllit'sA reayllongwaytogooo! To say goodbhiiy!) -
Old 03-01-2005, 12:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by amber
Most skin damage is from the sun.

Yeah. That and smoking.

Seriously, I saw that line on my face about a year ago - I was like "where the hell did THAT come from?!?!" I think it's cuz I tend to stress out at work & furrow my brows, creating a permanent wrinkle there.
Old 03-01-2005, 12:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by amber
I'm not Dissention, but you better start wearing sunscreen every day, if you don't already. In addition to whatever fabulous cream he recommends. Most skin damage is from the sun.
I do wear a sun screen everyday - well my daily moisturizer includes sun block - it has since I was 15

I am also drinking more water....lol....I'm totally freaking out over these little wrinkles...I'm only 25 dammit!!!
Old 03-01-2005, 12:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by skcin
Yeah. That and smoking.

Seriously, I saw that line on my face about a year ago - I was like "where the hell did THAT come from?!?!" I think it's cuz I tend to stress out at work & furrow my brows, creating a permanent wrinkle there.

That was my reaction - I was like WTF!?! lol....

I don't smoke....but I guess I do stress about things way more than I should...stupid stress...it's already causing backaches..now wrinkles too...
Old 03-01-2005, 12:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrummerDeanna
I do wear a sun screen everyday - well my daily moisturizer includes sun block - it has since I was 15

I am also drinking more water....lol....I'm totally freaking out over these little wrinkles...I'm only 25 dammit!!!
So I can guarantee you are the only one who sees them. Just keep your stress levels down, get your rest, and the sunscreen and water already mentioned. I just got a good night cream because I am 33 so it is time for me to start bending over for the cosmetics companies! I think that a really good night cream could do wonders since you sleep for like 8 hours so over time that is a long time to have your skin completely protected!
Old 03-01-2005, 12:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
That was my reaction - I was like WTF!?! lol....

I don't smoke....but I guess I do stress about things way more than I should...stupid stress...it's already causing backaches..now wrinkles too...
Hmm, try the book "Don't Sweat the Small Stuff". This helped me get perspective on my worries. It is also very simple to read so your harried brain can absorb it!
Old 03-01-2005, 12:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuzeQuze
So I can guarantee you are the only one who sees them. Just keep your stress levels down, get your rest, and the sunscreen and water already mentioned. I just got a good night cream because I am 33 so it is time for me to start bending over for the cosmetics companies! I think that a really good night cream could do wonders since you sleep for like 8 hours so over time that is a long time to have your skin completely protected!

Yeah - I was watching tv and saw some commercials for a night cream and was like..."great - I'm caving to the tv advertisements...." BUT - I was planning on going to the store tonight to look at night creams lol....guess it's time to start....
Old 03-01-2005, 12:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie

OH and as for stress....Clancy has actually been a HUGE help - I get to walk her - and just petting her calms me - and she LOVES to be pet....a lot....all the time lol....so there is that....
Old 03-01-2005, 12:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
OH and as for stress....Clancy has actually been a HUGE help - I get to walk her - and just petting her calms me - and she LOVES to be pet....a lot....all the time lol....so there is that....
Right, pets are wonderful for that. Mufasa always brings me right back to the present moment and into a loving frame of mind. I'm so glad you got Clancy.
Old 03-01-2005, 12:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Yeah - I was watching tv and saw some commercials for a night cream and was like..."great - I'm caving to the tv advertisements...." BUT - I was planning on going to the store tonight to look at night creams lol....guess it's time to start....

Your face in the car mirror looks worse than it really is. I know that experience. I look in the mirror on the way to class and see something, but when I look in the bathroom mirror, it is not there. I don't get it.
Old 03-01-2005, 12:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
LOL....so um....this morning I got ready - washed my face - moisturized - put on my makeup (I wear very little - I like to keep it natural and simple)

Anyway - I got into my car - looked into the mirror and notice this big as wrinkle thing - like the diagonal line things that extend from the nose the corner of the mouth....and in between my eye brows - looked older - well I freaked out....

So um you're like the moisturizer face product guru it seems.....I need advice here......this has me a bit freaked out today......

And anyone else with a good product tip - please chime in...

BTW - I can't do chemical peels or anything that could scar because my skin scars WAY easy - and extreme things like that never completely heal - so I'd look horrible permanently....

Run to the nearest store and get any Roc product. I swear by them. They have a new one out that has silicon in it to "fill in" the lines and the skin firmer is fab, too. And they smell great!

If oyu feel like spending a little more cash, get some Serious Skin Care from the Home Shopping Network. That **** works like a charm for any skin problem.

Old 03-01-2005, 12:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dissention

Run to the nearest store and get any Roc product. I swear by them. They have a new one out that has silicon in it to "fill in" the lines and the skin firmer is fab, too. And they smell great!

If oyu feel like spending a little more cash, get some Serious Skin Care from the Home Shopping Network. That **** works like a charm for any skin problem.
Oh right. You recomened ROC once before and I don't know why I didn't listen lol.....I'll run out the CVS tonight
Old 03-01-2005, 12:51 PM
trackaghost
This message has been deleted by trackaghost.
Old 03-01-2005, 12:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Fighting foh the Nohthun Stah...NO SPEED LIMIT! BITCH! THIS IS THE FAST LANE!!!

Quote:

Yoga........

Whehyll I can do EHYT!! Wehyll I can make it WAHN moh thihme! (wheyllit'sA reayllongwaytogooo! To say goodbhiiy!) -
Old 03-01-2005, 12:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by trackaghost
I'm cracking up at the thought of Josh behind the beauty counter sitting cross-legged wearing some kind of turban with exotic bottles of moisturiser balanced on each hand.

Anyway, I think you should try Vaseline Intensive Care. It's cheap but effective IMO.