The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 12-20-2014, 08:07 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default How could this band change the setlist for the 2015-leg of the tour?

Hello all,

Just another setlist thread - but, do you think they will change the set up a bit for 2015 or at least for Europe and Australia/NZ (Oceania) ?

What could go and other than the Rumours staples what do you think is a new " must stay"? Seven Wonders?

Could Dreams finally be cut after surpassing its use-by date so much that is that song was a carton of milk, it would now be cottage cheese?
but it's true!

Could three or four new songs be added a la The Dance? Say, How I Feel, Too Far Gone, Carnival Begin, Red Sun and Stevie's new one or similar? (My Mothers Rings> there was a brief mention of a different song title a while back, too)

Is The Dealer even in play as a possibility? Or Watch Chain? Twisted? (A new old song instead of Stand Back)

Would the encores change by the time they start Europe? Would the second last song change?

Anyway, your thoughts always amaze and interest me Ledgies.

Cheers
James
Old 12-20-2014, 08:22 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by secret love View Post
Hello all,

Just another setlist thread - but, do you think they will change the set up a bit for 2015 or at least for Europe and Australia/NZ (Oceania) ?
No.

Thus rendering the rest of questions a touch irrelevant, unfortunately. Honestly, it would be lovely if they did but I think there's about a 0.01% chance of the setlist changing for next year.

"There’s nothing going on between you and me except that there will always be something going on between you and me. Until the day we die"
Old 12-20-2014, 08:31 AM
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by secret love View Post
Hello all,

What could go and other than the Rumours staples what do you think is a new " must stay"? Seven Wonders?

Could Dreams finally be cut after surpassing its use-by date so much that is that song was a carton of milk, it would now be cottage cheese?
but it's true!

Could three or four new songs be added a la The Dance? Say, How I Feel, Too Far Gone, Carnival Begin, Red Sun and Stevie's new one or similar? (My Mothers Rings> there was a brief mention of a different song title a while back, too)

Is The Dealer even in play as a possibility? Or Watch Chain? Twisted? (A new old song instead of Stand Back)

Would the encores change by the time they start Europe? Would the second last song change?

Anyway, your thoughts always amaze and interest me Ledgies.

Cheers
James
Sara was a lot more successful in Australia & NZ so I'd hope they switched Seven Wonders for sara
Old 12-20-2014, 08:35 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicole21290 View Post
No.

Thus rendering the rest of questions a touch irrelevant, unfortunately. Honestly, it would be lovely if they did but I think there's about a 0.01% chance of the setlist changing for next year.
Well we should still do this thread as a hypothetical then. Like all setlist threads!

It is unfortunate that they are continuing with a very stale set. I like the Christine songs added in and Seven Wonders as well as I Know I'm not Wrong but to be honest most of Stevie's songs especially Sisters of the Moon should be changed, except for Landslide/Rhiannon/Gold Dust Woman/Dreams.

The latter should have gone already a long time ago - Dreams should have had its last airings in 2003/2004 and could have been swapped for I Don't Want to Know or Secret Love (for 2013 Tour).

Anyway...my choices would be:
drop Dreams
Keep Seven Wonders
add in I Don't Want to Know
add in four new songs (Stevie can do The Dealer/Watch Chain/Twisted if she has nothing ready that is brand new)
Two of the new songs would be Too Far Gone and How I Feel by Christine with her singing presumably
The other one or two from Lindsey could be Carnival Begin, Red Sun, Is it Right, Hunger or Up Your Speed

All those titles are on ASCAP because Christine and Lindsey really have finished those and the only change would be putting Stevie Nicks' voice on them (forget about her if she doesn't want to participate, please! )

Yeah that's all I can think of for now. Don't know what to take out to add in 4-6 new songs.

Maybe trade the following new for the old that comes after them:
1. Red Sun for Big Love
2. Carnival Begin for I Know I'm Not Wrong
3. How I Feel for Sisters of the Moon
4. Angel for Dreams
5. Twisted for any Stevie song that is not the essential track that is, Gold Dust Woman
6. Too Far Gone added in to the set with nothing taken out (pushing set list from 23 songs to 24 songs)
7. Walk a Thin Line (25th song)
8. Think About Me (26th song)

If 26 was too much they could leave out the Tusk deep cuts or alternate them on a fortnightly basis with the new songs.

Last edited by secret love; 12-20-2014 at 08:43 AM..
Old 12-20-2014, 08:46 AM
Addicted Ledgie

No I don't believe they will change the set.
I don't think they'd play any new material- if they were going to do the new material they'd have already played something on the US leg by now. As a hunch I'd guess they'd love to play something new but Stevie may be dead against it (as per album discussion).
If they change anything then the only likelihood may be bringing in one PG-era song as a nod to their UK/European roots; Oh Well for IKINW (but as they havent played any of that recently I honestly cant see it happening now).
95% sure there'll be no change.
Old 12-20-2014, 08:50 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

There is no need to change the setlist. Its a great setlist. Just because we are in the age of social media and after 2 months of touring the fans are bored with the setlist after watching all the youtube shows...its crazy to think they must change a setlist after 2 months. Would I like to see a few changes...sure. But I give the current setlist a B++. My only regret is that Chris has no deep cuts like Stevie and Lindsey. Chris is also the only singer not singing anything off Tusk. But remember that Chris had most of the hits so she is letting them play out.
Old 12-20-2014, 09:33 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Brown Eyes would have been nice or Over and Over, unlikely, but Christine should have had a Tusk song in there. I hate that Mirage gets no love. Gypsy, of course, but this would have been the perfect opportunity to resurrect Hold Me. I also would much rather have Eyes of the World or Not That Funny with Christine on the keys over I Know I'm Not Wrong. Take out Silver Springs and replace with Sara, seeing Sara live in person with Christine on the piano would have been life completion for me lol. I know World Turning is a Lindsey and Christine song but Blue Letter would have been much more exciting to me since they have still done World Turning on tours without Christine.
Old 12-20-2014, 10:05 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Mick has said that he would love to add Oh Daddy to the set list and that he is really pushing for it for next year.
He said this on November 1st so I'm sure things are subject to change. Maybe if someone is going to the Tampa meet and greet they might want to ask him.
Old 12-20-2014, 10:17 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Why should they drop Dreams if she's singing it like this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jl2W7cb9tmc

They are not going to change the set. I'd be shocked if they did.

Hold Me could be an interesting addition. As we know, Lindsey and Stevie missed opportunities to showcase their voices together before Chris returned. There really is no excuse that I Don't Want to Know, Angel, Crystal, and a few more of the Say You Will Songs haven't been done live.

I do not want to hear Eyes of the World or Not That Funny. I heard them in 2013...Lindsey has way better songs that should re-emerge: Blue Letter is fantastic--I agree with that mention. What Makes You Think of the One is a very good fast song. I've always felt he could do a Tusk medley of 2-3 songs, but the Mac sure doesn't like to do medleys and have never even tried to make them work.

I bet Christine wouldn't even be playing piano if they played Sara. Bret would continue.

I will always advocate for an expanded acoustic middle section. I want acoustic Gypsy so bad...it would give a whole new life to the song. I think an acoustic Honey Hi would be fantastic, with the three leads positioned very close to each other. Maybe that is also where Oh Daddy could fit in. In all likelihood, it will replace Over My Head, though OMH sounds pretty great. I'd LOVE if they added a song, or moved Don't Stop to after So Afraid and added Blue Letter to the encores.
Old 12-20-2014, 10:43 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bethelblues View Post
Why should they drop Dreams if she's singing it like this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jl2W7cb9tmc

Agreed. I'm so glad I was at that show and able to see that awesome performance of dreams. It gives the Dance version a run for its money.
Old 12-20-2014, 11:02 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

I have tickets for the next leg of the tour next year. So of course any change I would welcome. But I doubt it will happen. They would have to practice again. But who knows. I notice from watching several youtube videos shot behind Chris that she plays much less keyboards as one would think. Even the beginning of Say you love me seems programmed. I welcome any changes but doubt it will happen.
Old 12-20-2014, 03:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by WelshWitchPMD View Post
Mick has said that he would love to add Oh Daddy to the set list and that he is really pushing for it for next year.
I vote NO! I'd sooner they add Sugar Daddy than Oh, Daddy. I've endured that song enough for one lifetime and the set doesn't need another slow song.

Michele
Old 12-20-2014, 05:37 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Take out OMH and put in "Isn't It Midnight." Also, rearrange the list so it flows better.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 12-20-2014, 07:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
Take out OMH and put in "Isn't It Midnight." Also, rearrange the list so it flows better.
OMG, completely agree! I can't stop listening to Isn't it Midnight recently and I think it would work brilliantly live. It was fantastic live back in 1987 and I think it would be a welcome addition to the setlist now.

Over My Head is one of those songs live where I just lose interest. It sounds harsh but compared to a lot of the songs in the set I feel as though it takes all of the high energy away and sticks out awkwardly.

Isn't it Midnight would be amazing!
Old 12-20-2014, 08:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie

The MAC needs to finish the album ( which can be done during the break) and add 4 new songs replacing;

Sisters of the Moon
Over My Head
I know I'm Not Wrong
Second Hand News

It can be done. The new album needs to be out for the second leg.