Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 10-08-2014, 10:40 AM
Ledgie

Default Hold Me, Peacekeeper, Stephanie and Say Goodbye played at MSG 10/7

I took my seat just after 7:45pm. Not that many people were in the arena yet, most were still wandering the halls, some buying t-shirts, food and drink. When I entered the arena and was guided to my seat, I noticed the music playing over the loudspeakers was a very nice Spanish-style acoustic guitar, very crisp articulated finger work. As I relaxed into the chair, I noticed that a few bars of the song were being repeated over and over again. It was the end of Hold Me!! I sat upright in astonishment. There wasn't anyone yet seated near me and I so desperately wanted someone to confirm what I was hearing. The next song began, again the acoustic guitar playing, this time it was Peacekeeper. At that point a young gentleman sat down two seats to my right. I told him what I was hearing and asked him if he knew the song. He admitted that he was only vaguely familiar with it, so I still had no confirmation. The next song was not the acoustic guitar. Not sure about the one after that. At 8:06pm the acoustic guitar started playing again. My ears were up and after a few moments, I realized the song was Stephanie!! At 8:08pm the guitar played another song: Say Goodbye. I'm pretty sure this was all Lindsey's playing (who else could it be, after all). I don't know if anyone else noticed this. I haven't been to any of the other shows, so I don't know if they're playing the same songs before every performance. Someone please tell me I did not imagine this. If you're attending subsequent shows, pay attention to the acoustic guitar playing songs and let me know if you hear them, too!
Old 10-08-2014, 10:42 AM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by blemelin View Post
I took my seat just after 7:45pm. Not that many people were in the arena yet, most were still wandering the halls, some buying t-shirts, food and drink. When I entered the arena and was guided to my seat, I noticed the music playing over the loudspeakers was a very nice Spanish-style acoustic guitar, very crisp articulated finger work. As I relaxed into the chair, I noticed that a few bars of the song were being repeated over and over again. It was the end of Hold Me!! I sat upright in astonishment. There wasn't anyone yet seated near me and I so desperately wanted someone to confirm what I was hearing. The next song began, again the acoustic guitar playing, this time it was Peacekeeper. At that point a young gentleman sat down two seats to my right. I told him what I was hearing and asked him if he knew the song. He admitted that he was only vaguely familiar with it, so I still had no confirmation. The next song was not the acoustic guitar. Not sure about the one after that. At 8:06pm the acoustic guitar started playing again. My ears were up and after a few moments, I realized the song was Stephanie!! At 8:08pm the guitar played another song: Say Goodbye. I'm pretty sure this was all Lindsey's playing (who else could it be, after all). I don't know if anyone else noticed this. I haven't been to any of the other shows, so I don't know if they're playing the same songs before every performance. Someone please tell me I did not imagine this. If you're attending subsequent shows, pay attention to the acoustic guitar playing songs and let me know if you hear them, too!
No! I heard it too! I freaked out a little when I heard Stephanie, but according to a friend who went to a few shows on the last tour, it's one of their cues that the show is about to start.
Old 10-08-2014, 12:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Haven't heard Hold Me played before. I would enjoy that. With the noise, it's hard to hear, but I did hear Beautiful Child in Minneapolis.

Michele
Old 10-08-2014, 12:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

So they did "play" Hold Me! lol I'll definitely listen in.
Old 10-08-2014, 03:44 PM
Ledgie

Default Acoustic version of Hold Me

According to my iPhone notes, Hold Me was playing at the 7:54pm mark, so it probably started a minute or two before that. It was still relatively quiet in the arena, so I could hear it quite clearly. The band hit the stage around 8:15-8:20, after the crickets played for a few minutes.
Old 10-08-2014, 11:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie

If there were a chance to include Peacekeeper in the setlist, a "non Christine" song, then they should include As Long as You Follow, a "non Lindsey" song
Old 10-08-2014, 11:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Nothing really new I guess. They played that tape with instrumental tracks (Stephanie indeed and others) in 2009 en 2013 before the show as well ...or at least at the shows (Antwerp and Amsterdam) where I went ...