User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 01-23-2017, 11:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
My favorite was when Lindsey kept the Christine cameos to a minimum and told her that she couldn't just come and go as being a commentary on his desire for her return.

It was kind of obvious to me that limiting the cameos was a contractual thing and that the rest was more about rejoining. Given the nature of her departure and the length of her absence, I never felt his initial skepticism was unwarranted. They worked hard to be accepted as Fleetwood Mac without her and didn't want to have to go through that again. But, given that she was okay with flying and playing live, I saw his position as being cautiously optimistic.
And the come and go thing, was presented to the interviewer (by Stevie) out of context. It wasn't just about making a cameo during their concert. It was about her rejoining the band, only that cat was not out of the bag yet. That was before the public knew that Christine was thinking about returning. Lindsey wanted it clear that if she came back, she'd have to stay back. So, when they gave interviews about her return, we learned what was behind the "come and go" thing. He didn't want her to return for 6 months and then leave again. She responded to his concern by saying she was back for good. Until death do us part. Then, he was all on board. When Stevie relayed his "come and go" comment to the press, she wasn't providing the whole story.

Michele
Old 01-23-2017, 11:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
And the come and go thing, was presented to the interviewer (by Stevie) out of context. It wasn't just about making a cameo during their concert. It was about her rejoining the band, only that cat was not out of the bag yet. That was before the public knew that Christine was thinking about returning.
Maybe not the public, but the lead up to the cameos made it kind of obvious that she wanted to come back, at least to me.

I suspected that Christine was at least considering it when Ken made those comments about her reaction to his book, almost two years to the day prior to the Today show. Then, within a year of that was the trip to Hawaii and cameo with Mick's band, followed by the trip to L.A. to hang out with the band at rehearsals. Her willingness to even consider making cameos with Fleetwood Mac told me that her heart at least wanted back in, but the sheer joy in her face during those cameos told me she was ready.

THE Stephen Hopkins