User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 11-02-2014, 02:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by CADreaming View Post

Don't try to rewrite history. And for God's sake don't do it based on Mick. Ha!
No one's trying to rewrite history. That's what the history always was in my view, YMMV. Some of us have been saying that's what it was all along and all Mick did was confirm that. He didn't say anything I didn't know already and hadn't been theorizing already for the last 10 years.

Lindsey and Christine take nothing away from SnL.

Lindsey can have pined for Christine's partnership without endangering the secret love affair he's been having with Stevie for 50 years now that they don't tell the world about.

Michele
Old 11-02-2014, 02:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I think it was interesting that Mick says that when he started working on GoS with Lindsey and John, he thought he was going to form a new band with Lindsey, but then Christine joined in and Stevie came, because she wanted Lindsey to work on Twisted and then, voila, you had Fleetwood Mac again.

Lindsey and Mick in a band would have been interesting, especially if they'd toured. The GoS would have come out sooner.

Michele

Last edited by michelej1; 11-02-2014 at 02:21 PM..
Old 11-02-2014, 10:42 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
oh wow this was unexpected visit!?

yes cause the history as we know is based on... what exactly??
I know. I thought it was pictures you rudely posted. Then, I ended up feeling argumentative. Right place, right time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post

Lindsey and Christine take nothing away from SnL.
Amen. NOTHING.

Quote:
Lindsey can have pined for Christine's partnership without endangering the secret love affair he's been having with Stevie for 50 years now that they don't tell the world about.

Michele
That's what Mick says...
Old 11-02-2014, 11:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
I think it was interesting that Mick says that when he started working on GoS with Lindsey and John, he thought he was going to form a new band with Lindsey, but then Christine joined in and Stevie came, because she wanted Lindsey to work on Twisted and then, voila, you had Fleetwood Mac again.

Michele
Q: In regards to the subject of LB's record becoming a Fleetwood Mac record...is SN on the record at all? I read that all the other Mac's worked on the record (GOS's) at some point, but never heard anything about SN.
Neale Heywood: You know I thought that Stevie had done some harmony stuff on the record, I saw her a few times during the recordings so I think she is on there but I could be wrong.

Also, just leaving these here, subject to claims of 'Oh, he was just overcompensating out of hurt!' or 'It's just press!' or 'He was hurt and lashing out!' or 'Well, what was he MEANT to say!?'

Philadelphia Inquirer, 2003

'To be honest, I felt that Lindsey and I were stunning… . It was a rush, like we were being thrown back into a style of singing that was so great, that we loved, from long ago… We stopped being a duo the day we joined Fleetwood Mac. And that was great, but it was different. In the end, Christine even knew it… We always wanted to sing by ourselves, and in some ways this album is very reminiscent of that time.'

'We were joking that we had to hold out 25 years to do what we really wanted to do,' he [Lindsey] says, explaining that his one regret is they didn't collaborate in the writing. 'I want to hear what would happen if we were to go in and start working from the ground up.'

Guitar World, 2003

'Now Stevie and I joke about having played this exquisite waiting game to go back to being Buckingham/Nicks again,' the guitarist says with a laugh. 'And in some ways, the differences between Stevie's style and mine are actually more marked by having only the two of us writing songs for this album.'

June 2007

Although I will have to say, (I enjoyed) the last Fleetwood Mac tour we did, which was three-plus years ago. Even though Christine wasn’t there and even though we all miss her as a person you know, she just picked up stakes and moved to England I have to say I had more fun on that tour than I’ve ever had by virtue of the fact that it was just two writers up there. [Lindsey]

"I’m a little bit territorial about what we’ve been able to achieve. If Christine were to call and say she wants to come back, would we say, ‘No, you can’t?’ I don’t know. As much as I love her, I would hope it doesn’t happen. I feel like we’re onto something very viable. In many ways, it’s something Stevie and I have been waiting to do for a long time." [Lindsey]

Say You Will tourbook

"As long as it was a trio, it had to stay that way, as it should have,” Stevie explains. “But because Chris left, this was our only choice. And then after we started, Lindsey and I began to realize that this is why we came here in the first place. So really it’s a long way to go to come around to the beginning.”

“Yes, it’s all been an elaborate waiting game,” Lindsey adds in with a laugh.

AOL Sessions, 2003

Mick: Well, the obvious one for me is seeing these two people here in front of me and John… That whole dynamic is a fascinating one because they came into Fleetwood Mac together and sort of, in many ways, this is sort of a full circle, seeing that element really play out something almost that I never got to see, y’know, because they joined Fleetwood Mac.

Lindsey: We had to wait twenty five years to do what we really wanted to do.

"There’s nothing going on between you and me except that there will always be something going on between you and me. Until the day we die"
Old 11-02-2014, 11:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

^^Exactly.

Kudos she's back and they are having a good time.

Lindsey, being the artist he was, enjoyed the freedom he found musically without Christine. He wasn't crying in his coffee mug.

And, I look forward to seeing the show with Christine.

Peace.
Old 11-03-2014, 01:08 AM
Junior Ledgie

Quote:
^^Exactly.

Kudos she's back and they are having a good time.

Lindsey, being the artist he was, enjoyed the freedom he found musically without Christine. He wasn't crying in his coffee mug.

And, I look forward to seeing the show with Christine.

Peace.
I recall hearing an interview with Christine at the beginning of the year, but Mick only re-emphasized what Christine had already said: that Lindsey didn't want Christine to leave.

The issue with using quotes from this group is that they contradict themselves quite a bit. In truth, any bias one has, you could probably find the quotes to support that with this group. I also don't understand the basis for dismissing some quotes as hype or promotion, and others as truth. Honestly, I don't think Christine would lie about Lindsey not wanting her to leave. She doesn't seem like the type in the least to even do that for hype. On the other hand, Mick, LB, and Stevie are definitely the types to say things for promotion or hype, or to say things out of spite. Again, with this group, you could find quotes to support almost any opinion.

In fact, even the quotes listed above, could support Michelle's interpretation that some of LB's comments were just sour grapes.

Perhaps he equally missed her presence as much as he realized the opportunity her absence provided. It doesn't have to be one or the other, and I don't see his missing of Christine as a threat to the musical bond he has with Stevie. He has musical bonds with both of them, and in different ways. There's no reason to feel threatened (and to be truthful, that's how your comments are coming across).

Last edited by Iktomi; 11-03-2014 at 01:12 AM..
Old 11-03-2014, 09:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
Christine and Lindsey came out together holding hands yesterday in DC for the first encore https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v...ideo_processed... i hear it was back to the old way tonight in CT.
Awwww, that's so sweet!!
Old 11-03-2014, 09:28 AM

Quote:
That's just spin! LOL. Lindsey was happy as a pig in mud she was gone. And, on top of that, it wasn't a surprise! They had already planned the SYW album at the end of The Dance tour. It was not a shock. He adjusted accordingly. It gave him a different creative vision. No offense to Christine lovers. But, he wasn't pining for her return at all.

Don't try to rewrite history. And for God's sake don't do it based on Mick. Ha!
First, HOW THE HELL ARE YA!!???

Second, which spin do we believe then? The over hashed, over done, relationship that doesn't exist well.. cuz he's married and has children for I don't know... umpteen years.

Or the current information of them coming clean on how they were not happy back then. Are we now picking an choosing which Mick stories, and Chris stories and Lindsey stories to believe? And I'll ask it again. If it was so great, why only one album in 16 years? And WHERE'S MY B/N ALBUM with extra tracks???? {that I really want}

Good to see you back.
Old 11-03-2014, 01:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie

1. I think he WAS hurt when she left.

2. From the moment she left, he tried to make something out of it. More creative space per songwriter, more guitarspace, whatever... You have to give new meaning to the new situation. He did, re-arranged himself, and went for it, closing all doors to the past situation, and fully open the new ones.

3. For every album or tour he constructs some oneliners that explain the artistic view of the musical activity of that moment. And sticks to it until he (and we) drops.

Old 11-03-2014, 04:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

That's what Mick says...
And there's no reason not to believe what Mick says about that.

When she was promoting Meantime, Christine said that she was in touch with Mick and Stevie (at that time, later she and John began exchanging recipe and gardening tips) and that some members were mad about her leaving.

Since she was social with Mick and Christine at that time, through the process of elimination the 2 who were upset about her leaving were John and Mick.

After SYW, I think Lindsey was used to them being a foursome and he went on with that, but I think he very much wanted Christine to change her mind and to return for the SYW album and tour and Mick has confirmed that in his book. Of all things to make up, I don't know why that would be one of them.

Michele
Old 11-03-2014, 04:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post

Second, which spin do we believe then? The over hashed, over done, relationship that doesn't exist well.. cuz he's married and has children for I don't know... umpteen years.
What's so hilarious is, Lindsey wanting to work with Christine somehow detracts from the great romantic SnL relationship -- which they've lied about ever since they met (you don't really think Lindsey went two years without calling Stevie do you? No, that's a lie they tell for who knows what reason) until the present.

To me, what hurts the SnL dream more is the 3000 people they've both slept with during all the years that they were madly in love with each other, but never monogamous. That taints the dream a little for me.

Michele
Old 11-03-2014, 04:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicole21290 View Post
Q: In regards to the subject of LB's record becoming a Fleetwood Mac record...is SN on the record at all?
Stevie has also said that in the end even Christine knew that Stevie and Lindsey only wanted to sing together.

I wouldn't be surprised if upon their reunion for The Dance, Christine felt a little excluded. And their performances of Big Love and Landslide on Letterman and at the RRHOF always struck me as odd.

But I don't think Lindsey actually wanted her to leave, which is why he flagged Christine's limo down and tried to get her to stay as she and Mick have both described.

And I do think he wanted her to return quite badly, as Mick's new book says.
I am aware of his quotes. He even said that Christine's songs never sounded that good on stage, anyway (and Christine said that he wasn't missed when he left because excerpt for a couple of songs he never had any of the hits anyway). I take these remarks as sour grapes by both parties.

Michele
Old 11-03-2014, 10:46 PM

Quote:
What's so hilarious is, Lindsey wanting to work with Christine somehow detracts from the great romantic SnL relationship -- which they've lied about ever since they met (you don't really think Lindsey went two years without calling Stevie do you? No, that's a lie they tell for who knows what reason) until the present.

To me, what hurts the SnL dream more is the 3000 people they've both slept with during all the years that they were madly in love with each other, but never monogamous. That taints the dream a little for me.

Michele
I really don't understand it, either. What does his relationship with Christine have to do with Stevie. Other than they are both women. If John were a writer and Lindsey was mad John left, would that infringe on the fake relationship too???
Old 11-03-2014, 10:52 PM

Quote:
Stevie has also said that in the end even Christine knew that Stevie and Lindsey only wanted to sing together.

I wouldn't be surprised if upon their reunion for The Dance, Christine felt a little excluded. And their performances of Big Love and Landslide on Letterman and at the RRHOF always struck me as odd.

But I don't think Lindsey actually wanted her to leave, which is why he flagged Christine's limo down and tried to get her to stay as she and Mick have both described.

And I do think he wanted her to return quite badly, as Mick's new book says.
I am aware of his quotes. He even said that Christine's songs never sounded that good on stage, anyway (and Christine said that he wasn't missed when he left because excerpt for a couple of songs he never had any of the hits anyway). I take these remarks as sour grapes by both parties.

Michele
Total sour grapes. I remember her in some local radio interviews saying how they are going to carry on even better than before during the BTM tours. She was their spokesperson during that tour.
Old 03-29-2016, 02:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I liked this from May 1985:

Quote:
SW: Would you say that you and Christine are the closest musically in Fleetwood Mac?

LB: There is certainly a bond there. Maybe not musically, that's too broad. Maybe instrumentally. I think that if she and I just sit down and play piano and guitar it all flows together as if we were plugged into the same brain sometimes. In terms of overall musical sensibilities I wouldn't say so. My style tends to be structurally and otherwise experimental. In terms of history I'm sort of between Christine and Stevie.

SW: Are you looking forward to recording a new album with Fleetwood Mac?

LB: Well, yes and no. I would like to get another solo project out first because I have one sort of waiting in the wings. The one thing I would like to do is pare the whole thing down and have a slightly less dense album. Fewer things with each of them a little bigger.

SW: Having produced other artists rather successfully and loving the studio, do you see your future in production?