User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 10-31-2014, 12:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
there's audio of quite a few bad Stevie vocal performances live as well…..
You're right. Could have just been a bad day.

But it could also be the alternative! Oh well.
Just a dream, just a dream.
Old 10-31-2014, 02:27 PM
Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HelloMonster View Post
I respect your opinion. but I disagree! This last album is pure pop. If pop isn't meant for purely commercial appeal, then what is? Shake It Off is extremely lazy. Play play play play play, hate hate hate hate hate, shake shake shake shake shake, break break break break break, fake fake fake fake fake, shake shake shake shake shake.

And, I'm just gonna leave this here. Feel free to watch the entire video, or skip to 2:08.
http://theconcourse.deadspin.com/tay...ate-1626334694
Shake It Off is super catchy, yes, but the latest single off the album, Out Of The Woods (or maybe it was a promotional single? I'm not sure...) isn't nearly as catchy, in fact I find quite grating. And as for the video... the song is literally called Shake It Off, so it's not like she's going to stand still with perfect choral posture for the entire performance! Even Lady Gaga, who has one of the best voices of this generation's pop stars, sometimes finds it difficult to hit and hold some notes if she's dancing hard.
Old 10-31-2014, 03:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by gypsyhelena View Post
Shake It Off is super catchy, yes, but the latest single off the album, Out Of The Woods (or maybe it was a promotional single? I'm not sure...) isn't nearly as catchy, in fact I find quite grating. And as for the video... the song is literally called Shake It Off, so it's not like she's going to stand still with perfect choral posture for the entire performance! Even Lady Gaga, who has one of the best voices of this generation's pop stars, sometimes finds it difficult to hit and hold some notes if she's dancing hard.
I love Gaga. She's a beast but that video I posted, during that long, horrible "woooaaahh" she's standing still. And her performance with Stevie was standing dead still too. I stand by my argument, taylor swift just sucks at singing. She's a decent songwriter/performer, yes. Singer? Nah.
Old 10-31-2014, 04:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfanforever View Post
Some of her country tunes are ok.She falls into the manufactured type singers category.

Not a true artist like Stevie and the rest of her generation and older.

Yes I'm old enough to be her pop.She could use a spanking at times.Oops.We cant do that no more...

I dont know what the big deal with her.Today's country music sounds like pop rock anyway.Just add more rock guitar to the mix.

I guess I wont be hearing her on the Grand Ole Opry no more.LOL...
I'd like to hear some reasons for thinking she's not a true artist. I'm no Taylor Swift fan (though I have nothing against her and like a few songs), but she definitely has some talent there. She's more of a musician than Stevie is. She's a songwriter and she's in control of her music. She has co-writers, though not always and in fact one of her albums is solely written by her, but she does not have songs written for her.
Old 10-31-2014, 11:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeVielhaber View Post
I'd like to hear some reasons for thinking she's not a true artist. I'm no Taylor Swift fan (though I have nothing against her and like a few songs), but she definitely has some talent there. She's more of a musician than Stevie is. She's a songwriter and she's in control of her music. She has co-writers, though not always and in fact one of her albums is solely written by her, but she does not have songs written for her.
I actually thought she was more of an artist a few years ago than she is now. She's becoming more juvenile with age.

But yeah, compare her to someone like Britney Spears and .... well, there's no comparison. Taylor can create.

Michele
Old 11-02-2014, 01:30 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
Anyone else notice how Taylor Swift has been mimicking Stevie's 24k Gold vibe with her new album?

She's using that whole Polaroid, long-lost selfie thing in her promo pics:

http://store.taylorswift.com/LIMITED...Single-CD.html

http://store.taylorswift.com/TS-1989-CD.html

I think she carefully planned all along to use Stevie as a role model for songwriting: the whole write about your exes thing and then you'll generate lots of press with everyone trying to figure out which guy each song is about.

I think as she goes more pop and less country she's gonna become more and more "Stevie-like". She's already going that direction

http://www.fanpop.com/clubs/taylor-s...lpaper?ir=true

http://store.taylorswift.com/Speak-Now-CD.html

Just my opinion..
When Taylor first came out I was about 14 and the minute I saw her videos I was like "Oh my gosh she's JUST LIKE STEVIE!"
Old 11-02-2014, 01:49 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Sorry about being blunt.I was comparing her with the old artists.I do like her and also she got good looks.She does have talent but I think I'm being to hard on these current artists.I cant get into the new music like I have done years ago.

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
I actually thought she was more of an artist a few years ago than she is now. She's becoming more juvenile with age.

But yeah, compare her to someone like Britney Spears and .... well, there's no comparison. Taylor can create.

Michele

Yes I see that at times.I think she has a level head on her shoulders.

She's not to go off the wall like Britney Spears,Amanda Bynes and Justin Bieber to just to name a few .

Stevie fan forever and ever amen.......
the Wildheart at Edge of Seventeen and the Gypsy.....

My sweet Buttons .I love you. RIP 2009 to 08/24/2016
Old 11-02-2014, 11:48 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Taylor Swift is just so....bland. She has the personality of a dead fish. I watched a clip of her on Graham Norton the other night, and I had to turn it off. As for her lyrics, they mostly read like diary entries of a 12 year old girl. And even when she was classed as country she was always country light. She's more overrated than Lady Gaga.
Old 11-02-2014, 01:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I Don't know how to embed a video.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PAhAz7JU0dg

Last edited by MikeVielhaber; 11-02-2014 at 01:52 PM..
Old 11-02-2014, 02:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I Don't know how to embed a video.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PAhAz7JU0dg
That was funny.Heres the embedded link Mike.

Stevie fan forever and ever amen.......
the Wildheart at Edge of Seventeen and the Gypsy.....

My sweet Buttons .I love you. RIP 2009 to 08/24/2016
Old 11-02-2014, 05:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
1989. My boyfriend is obsessed with her. She can't sing for sh!t, and she makes horrible "oh, gee whiz! I'm so surprised you like me!" faces.

In short, she's the worst
ugh thanks for ruining my life lol couldn't it have been 1990

what i hate about her is ... all her damn songs get stuck in my head
i cant stand them and yet i know all the freaking words
Old 11-03-2014, 01:25 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I love Gaga. She's a beast but that video I posted, during that long, horrible "woooaaahh" she's standing still. And her performance with Stevie was standing dead still too. I stand by my argument, taylor swift just sucks at singing. She's a decent songwriter/performer, yes. Singer? Nah.
She's not singing acapella she's singing with musical accompaniment. Which means she doesn't have to be perfect isolated she just has to suit the arrangement. When FM performed Gypsy on the Today show and they had Stevie's vocals boosted high in the mix I thought she sounded bad. But I gave her a pass because that's not how it's supposed to sound. She's supposed to be blended into the music and harmony vocals more.
Old 11-03-2014, 03:01 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
She's not singing acapella she's singing with musical accompaniment. Which means she doesn't have to be perfect isolated she just has to suit the arrangement. When FM performed Gypsy on the Today show and they had Stevie's vocals boosted high in the mix I thought she sounded bad. But I gave her a pass because that's not how it's supposed to sound. She's supposed to be blended into the music and harmony vocals more.
Does that make Taylor a good singer if she has to rely on being mixed in with the music and harmony to sound acceptable? What about when there isn't a lot of accompanying harmonies or music to blend in to, like the when she started to sing at the 2010 Grammys?
Old 11-03-2014, 11:46 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Does that make Taylor a good singer if she has to rely on being mixed in with the music and harmony to sound acceptable? What about when there isn't a lot of accompanying harmonies or music to blend in to, like the when she started to sing at the 2010 Grammys?
I'm saying she's adequate. I'm sure she's better when she's not running around. But with her it's not really about her technical proficiency as a singer. It's about the songs. She's good enough for the songs she sings.