Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meowi View Post
Sorry wrong video!

Ok, watch out for the last part -
Those dorks.
Old 10-29-2014, 01:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie

So, although it was disappointing that Mick's book spent 90% of the time rehashing stuff that was also covered in the first book, I did love how he touched on The Dance and Lindsey trying to keep Chris:

Quote:
He believed there was a chance, up until the moment when she left after the last date of the tour. He wanted to believe, because his relationship with Chris is stronger creatively than people realise. Lindsey can do his own thing, but Chris is a huge anchor and inspiration for him; she is his true musical partner in the band. Lindsey had never been in the band without Chris -- and he didn't want to be, if he could help it.
I realized this and I always had the sense that although he'd left the band himself, Lindsey took Chris' leaving rather personally and that he was upset when she wouldn't return for SYW. I always think of Stevie saying that Lindsey decides whether he wants to be in the band or not and then the others say yes or no. To me, when Christine said "no" Lindsey somehow felt she was saying no to him, not just the band as a whole.

Mick said that Lindsey started to believe that Chris would return during the early stages of SYW and Lindsey thought her leaving was a momentary phase. "I think he was holding out in the hope that Chris was coming back. If she had, what he was doing would have been the perfect template for the band to resume in the way we were used to."

When it didn't turn out to be, it hurt Lindsey and his comments about Christine in 2003 and 2004 always sounded to me like he was hurt and feeling sour grapes.

Michele
Old 10-29-2014, 04:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
So, although it was disappointing that Mick's book spent 90% of the time rehashing stuff that was also covered in the first book, I did love how he touched on The Dance and Lindsey trying to keep Chris:

I realized this and I always had the sense that although he'd left the band himself, Lindsey took Chris' leaving rather personally and that he was upset when she wouldn't return for SYW. I always think of Stevie saying that Lindsey decides whether he wants to be in the band or not and then the others say yes or no. To me, when Christine said "no" Lindsey somehow felt she was saying no to him, not just the band as a whole.

Mick said that Lindsey started to believe that Chris would return during the early stages of SYW and Lindsey thought her leaving was a momentary phase. "I think he was holding out in the hope that Chris was coming back. If she had, what he was doing would have been the perfect template for the band to resume in the way we were used to."

When it didn't turn out to be, it hurt Lindsey and his comments about Christine in 2003 and 2004 always sounded to me like he was hurt and feeling sour grapes.

Michele
Reading between the lines even more Michele, I always thought that Lindsey "had a thing" for Christine!!!
Old 10-29-2014, 07:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newzchspy View Post
Reading between the lines even more Michele, I always thought that Lindsey "had a thing" for Christine!!!
Most definately an artistic thing. That's it, and That's huge.

Old 10-29-2014, 08:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I mean Lindsey talks a lot,

Michele
Wayyy to funny!! He talks and talks and talks and talks...............yet doesn't say much. I just love to watch those lips move tho.......
Old 10-29-2014, 08:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post
I've seen Bruce Springsteen kiss Clarence Clemmons on the lips during a show.
Ewwwwwwwww, that is a nasty image.
Old 10-30-2014, 03:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Mom always said..."Watch out for the quiet ones!!! They are smart enough to keep it
to themselves!!! They do not have to talk ,keeping it close to their heart!" She's so right ...again!!!! They have an obvious admiration for each other that is just sweet!!!
Old 10-30-2014, 05:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meowi View Post
Sorry wrong video!

Ok, watch out for the last part -
AAAHHHHHHHHH I can't open it. What happens?????????
Old 10-31-2014, 12:18 AM

Quote:

Michele
Hmmm, guess we were right after all these years. And we stuck to our guns for a long time under pressure.
Old 10-31-2014, 03:42 PM
Senior Ledgie

Does anyone have a link to the interview where CM discussed how LB could be abrasive in conversation back in the day? I'm just curious. I always got more of a flirty friend/big sister and bratty younger brother vibe from them than anything.
Old 10-31-2014, 11:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
Hmmm, guess we were right after all these years. And we stuck to our guns for a long time under pressure.
You, me and I think Aleuzzi too have said this the whole time.

Yes, I think they did get upset with one another during the SYW recording in those phone conversations that Mick overheard, but it's something that would have been easily mended if they'd been in the same city and were seeing each other regularly. With the distance, it was easy to hang up and just not be in too much contact for 10 years. But it was as unlikely to me that Lindsey was actually glad to have her gone as it was unlikely to me that she was glad to have him gone in 1987.

Michele
Old 11-01-2014, 11:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Christine and Lindsey came out together holding hands yesterday in DC for the first encore https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v...ideo_processed... i hear it was back to the old way tonight in CT.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 11-02-2014, 01:57 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
Christine and Lindsey came out together holding hands yesterday in DC for the first encore.
Oh, that was super sweet.

Michele
Old 11-02-2014, 11:21 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
That's just spin! LOL. Lindsey was happy as a pig in mud she was gone. And, on top of that, it wasn't a surprise! They had already planned the SYW album at the end of The Dance tour. It was not a shock. He adjusted accordingly. It gave him a different creative vision. No offense to Christine lovers. But, he wasn't pining for her return at all.

Don't try to rewrite history. And for God's sake don't do it based on Mick. Ha!
Old 11-02-2014, 01:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by CADreaming View Post
Don't try to rewrite history. And for God's sake don't do it based on Mick. Ha!
oh wow this was unexpected visit!?

yes cause the history as we know is based on... what exactly??

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"