User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 10-27-2016, 08:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by olive View Post
The article I just posted in her Section I have some new respect for her.

What I got from it is that and she seems to be tired of the same old crap/ formula

And I hope she / they can meet in the middle make a great record and tour with new music and songs from the past that need to be heard .

Or she can do a songs from the vault II and play songs she hasn't before

Maybe when Fleetwood Mac does our last tour, maybe if I have anything to say about it, we’ll definitely go through the catalog and do a very different set. People have heard the set we’ve had to do all these years. Now they deserve to hear all the great stuff through all of these records,” she said. “I will put my foot down. I’m not going back on the road to do the same things we did on those 220 shows.

The September release of Fleetwood Mac’s 1982 album, “Mirage,” as an expanded boxed set and the “Bella Donna” and “Wild Heart” reissues have put Nicks in a reflective mood. (The group’s 1987 album, “Tango in the Night” is also forthcoming in deluxe fashion.)

The outtakes discs from “Mirage” and “Bella Donna” include versions of “If You Were My Love,” a song re-recorded for “24 Karat Gold” that she’s premiering live on the tour.

Meantime, the other members of Fleetwood Mac have recorded new songs and want to release a studio album, but Nicks is reluctant to participate. Listening to such classic tracks as “Gypsy” from the “Mirage” sessions hasn’t quite convinced her to go back into the studio with the others.

“When you listen to that song you wish Fleetwood Mac could make those kinds of records now, but it’s just not possible,” Nicks said. “It was such a different world then, and everything was done so differently and everyone was more on the same page. As the years went by, not really everybody, but mostly Lindsey and I, just went such different ways. It’s really hard to come back together.”...
Translation...If he can't be happy with only 100 "overdubs" and do things more my way than his way it's not happening...

Read more here: http://www.miamiherald.com/entertain...#storylink=cpy
Old 10-27-2016, 08:45 PM
Ledgie

I share everyones frustration with her holding up the new record because Christine is back and they should have been on the ball a long time ago. But I don't hate Stevie. I don't think I could ever hate her. Frustrated? You bet.
Old 10-27-2016, 09:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by olive View Post
The article I just posted in her Section I have some new respect for her.

What I got from it is that and she seems to be tired of the same old crap/ formula

And I hope she / they can meet in the middle make a great record and tour with new music and songs from the past that need to be heard .

Or she can do a songs from the vault II and play songs she hasn't before
see, that interview you posted makes it sound like she's expecting them not to do anything in her absence, not to release any new songs, and that really has me worried.

i'm really hoping she has a successful solo tour and continues it, while the rest of the Mac release their album and tour it without Stevie before the big end-of-2017 reunion tour. that would give us at least 6 new Mac songs, smaller venues, and much cheaper prices than if they tour with Stevie.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 10-27-2016, 09:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MovieStarView View Post
I share everyones frustration with her holding up the new record because Christine is back and they should have been on the ball a long time ago. But I don't hate Stevie. I don't think I could ever hate her. Frustrated? You bet.
hey, welcome to the board!

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 10-27-2016, 10:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
see, that interview you posted makes it sound like she's expecting them not to do anything in her absence, not to release any new songs, and that really has me worried.

i'm really hoping she has a successful solo tour and continues it, while the rest of the Mac release their album and tour it without Stevie before the big end-of-2017 reunion tour. that would give us at least 6 new Mac songs, smaller venues, and much cheaper prices than if they tour with Stevie.
Hmmm. From what I got out of it was that she's becoming more publicly vocal about not wanting to go into the studio with FM. I don't think she's expecting them to not release anything without her. At this point, from what I can read into this, I think she'd be fine with them releasing and doing a tour without her. Then they can reconvene with her for the expected "farewell tour" after that.

Jamie
Old 10-27-2016, 11:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkmaletic View Post
Hmmm. From what I got out of it was that she's becoming more publicly vocal about not wanting to go into the studio with FM. I don't think she's expecting them to not release anything without her. At this point, from what I can read into this, I think she'd be fine with them releasing and doing a tour without her. Then they can reconvene with her for the expected "farewell tour" after that.

Jamie
That's also the impression I came away with. It's pretty heartbreaking for me, but I understand it. If only Stevie and Lindsey could just meet halfway. Perhaps they will yet.
Old 10-27-2016, 11:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

Jamie
i hope you are right!

Quote:
Originally Posted by louielouie2000 View Post
That's also the impression I came away with. It's pretty heartbreaking for me, but I understand it. If only Stevie and Lindsey could just meet halfway. Perhaps they will yet.
only if they meet half way AFTER the release of Mac 4 album and small tour, in 2017 - instead of the rest of the Mac waiting for that meetup for another 2 years and doing nothing during that wait.

Old 10-28-2016, 12:04 AM
dreamsunwind
This message has been deleted by dreamsunwind.
Old 10-28-2016, 12:23 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWildHeart67 View Post
I don't understand the hate regarding Stevie's weight at all.
She lost a ton before "The Dance" and never gained it all back.
She will never be a size 1 again, but she looks great.
I still believe she's a beautiful woman.
But pointing out that she's overweight
isn't hate. And that weight has held her
captive to very limited fashion choices.

I know how hard it is to be a sex symbol.
Believe me.
Old 10-28-2016, 12:26 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
At this point, from what I can read into this, I think she'd be fine with them releasing and doing a tour without her.

Jamie

Want to buy a bridge?
Old 10-28-2016, 12:28 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danielle View Post
It bothers you that much? The last time I felt this way about someone's habits that annoyed me to no end, I broke up with him.
Yes it does. Set the level and that's it!

Don't leave us hanging. What bad habits?
Old 10-28-2016, 07:27 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamnotafraid View Post
Want to buy a bridge?
No. Bridges don't interest me... but I'd possibly be interested in a wager with you, whether or not FM releases and tours their next album without Stevie. I'd bet they DO.

What would you like to bet??

Jamie
Old 10-28-2016, 01:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

The most frustrating thing is that if they release a new album then they wouldn't have to tour with the same setlist they've had for the last x number of years. They could go out and play a whole load of new material. There's nothing fresher and more exciting than that.
Old 10-28-2016, 01:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie

No takers on my bet??
Come on, we can bet t-shirts or something fun.

Jamie
Old 10-28-2016, 01:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I feel it coming. If Stevie doesn't record with Fleetwood Mac again and the band ends on a sour note, I won't remember her fondly.
Old 10-28-2016, 01:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie

'Maybe when Fleetwood Mac does our last tour...'
I more and more hope they kick her out altogether and then go on for a few years as a band beyond one last tour. Not gonna happen.