Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 07-29-2016, 05:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by olive View Post
The last picture she is looking like Janice ..... The Muppet not joplin
geebus waaaaaaayyyy too much filler. stop now!
Old 07-29-2016, 06:05 PM
Junior Ledgie

The L.A. Times had posted a review of the event earlier in the wee hours of the morning that did not mention anything about the concert part of the Vin Scully tribute except that FM was playing. Now, there is a second review of the event that focuses on the concert with a nice band photo.

In my opinion, it's kind of a weird review; I feel that the reviewer kind of doesn't understand the band. If you read the review, I think you'll see what I mean.
http://www.latimes.com/entertainment...nap-story.html
Old 07-29-2016, 08:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Wow, thanks for the review- definitely odd but interesting. I mean, complaining that they played for 2 hours instead of just 40 minutes? For that much money, people should get more than a half hour of music, I think. And the band did make accommodations for the audience, skipping Songbird and Sisters of the Moon, for example.

I was surprised that someone (olive, maybe?) thought they should have played Over and Over instead of Think About Me- I love both songs but they made the right decision for that crowd. And it's not like Think About Me is a staple of their show- when's the last time they sang that song in America?
Old 07-29-2016, 10:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwboy View Post
Wow, thanks for the review- definitely odd but interesting. I mean, complaining that they played for 2 hours instead of just 40 minutes? For that much money, people should get more than a half hour of music, I think. And the band did make accommodations for the audience, skipping Songbird and Sisters of the Moon, for example.

I was surprised that someone (olive, maybe?) thought they should have played Over and Over instead of Think About Me- I love both songs but they made the right decision for that crowd. And it's not like Think About Me is a staple of their show- when's the last time they sang that song in America?

Over & Over is a way better song than Think About Me, especially live, at least 1979-1980. But it would be cool for the 2017 tour. Over & Over is Christine's best song on Tusk.
Old 07-29-2016, 11:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wdm6789 View Post
Over & Over is a way better song than Think About Me, especially live, at least 1979-1980. But it would be cool for the 2017 tour. Over & Over is Christine's best song on Tusk.

Over and Over is great on the album, kind of a snoozer live. Think About Me has great energy and gets you up out of your seat.
Old 07-30-2016, 02:13 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanne2 View Post
Random observation: Stevie had a rather large pimple(?) on her cheeck
That can't be a pimple. It's like a second head. Maybe it's something that needs surgical removal. Maybe she caught one of those 3 moles Lindsey used to have.

Michele
Old 07-30-2016, 02:16 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Wow, I can't believe they didn't do Songbird. I think this crowd would have liked it. But it looks like it was a great show. I'm sorry to have missed it.

Michele
Old 07-30-2016, 02:45 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I haven't watched the whole concert yet.
But from what I have seen, it seems the
crowd is being um...polite.
Old 07-30-2016, 06:37 AM
Ledgie

A few thoughts in the light of this show, comments and where we are now:
I still wonder (apart from the obvious reason) WHY they did this type of show? There can't be many bands of their iconic status to-day who would perform -or need to perform-only one show in a year. As regards the future album/tour....nothing semms to be definite yet, and , as has been pointed out , time is marching on.
Another album would be so special for so many reasons, but if there is a tour it will not be a tour of the album as such. Indeed, we can be sure that the set list of 'Greatest Hits' will not vary significantly from all the previous tours. I mean, how can they surpass the 'On with the Show' setlist/ performance? The reality is that all the bands/artists of their era rarely play anything in their set from even 10/15 years ago. Look at the Stones and the Who!
The question of health/age issues has already been mentioned and is a serious matter of concern.
When I left my final show in Dublin last July I was happy,contented and blessed to have seen the Rumours line up reunited with such amazing shows and felt 'That's it - they've gone out in style. Be thankful for the memories - we won't see anything like this again'.
I hope I'm proved wrong, but one year on I still fell the same.
Old 07-30-2016, 06:49 AM
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
That can't be a pimple. It's like a second head. Maybe it's something that needs surgical removal. Maybe she caught one of those 3 moles Lindsey used to have.

Michele
injection site swelling
Old 07-30-2016, 07:19 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I totally agree with bombaysaffires- Over and Over is a great song but is a bit of a snoozer live, especially compared to Think About Me. They made the right choice, especially for an audience that might not all be fans.

I saw Cyndi Lauper at a fundraiser for Scott Hamilton's brain cancer charity, and I was amazed at how many people in the audience wore tuxes, suits, and formal dresses... and clearly only knew 2 or 3 of her songs. She even had trouble getting people to sing along with Girls Just Want to Have Fun, because they didn't know the lyrics. I imagine a lot of people who paid big money to attend that event for Vin Scully didn't really care who was performing.
Old 07-30-2016, 08:08 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by guillamene View Post
A few thoughts in the light of this show, comments and where we are now:
I still wonder (apart from the obvious reason) WHY they did this type of show? There can't be many bands of their iconic status to-day who would perform -or need to perform-only one show in a year.

As the review alludes- I can imagine this was a favour to Irving Azoff as much as anything else.
Old 07-30-2016, 08:45 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post

Over and Over is great on the album, kind of a snoozer live. Think About Me has great energy and gets you up out of your seat.

I love the live Over and Over from the live album and the Tusk deluxe, there's also one or two rehearsal videos from 1979 of Over and Over on YouTube that are good. If you think about Christine's set songs 2014-2015 (You Make Loving Fun, Everywhere, Say You Love Me, Little Lies, Don't Stop) they're all poppy upbeat Christine songs. Songbird is really the only slow one. I think Over and Over would make a great addition to the Tusk section of their setlist, especially because they played it on the Tusk tour and it's the first song on the album. The end when they all three sing the "over and over" part is so great and then a nice guitar instrumental from Lindsey.
Old 07-30-2016, 11:19 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by olive View Post
injection site swelling
Actually looks like she had scalpel work done. And is still in a stage of recovery.
Old 07-30-2016, 02:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitzo View Post
Actually looks like she had scalpel work done. And is still in a stage of recovery.
That is what I was thinking ..I have seen elderly women who have had that done and for awhile they look like they had stuck their face in a beehive.