User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 04-04-2024, 08:24 AM
Senior Ledgie

Default 'Buckingham McVie' podcast

Hey all,

For those who are interested here is the track by track discussion podcast for 'Buckingham McVie' - we had a new member to our podcast - Ledgie 'WalkAThinLine' ! Looking forward to reading the discussion on this album.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nzqTC5uBHU4
Old 04-05-2024, 07:49 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I enjoyed the insight on this great last Fleetwood Mac album (BuckMcVie) Christine’s voice is on some of Lindsey’s songs it’s just very deep in the mix. You can see some of that in the documentary that was done promoting the album.
Old 04-05-2024, 06:57 PM
Senior Ledgie

I wish she harmonized on many of the verses on the album like she did in the later live shows on the tour - it sounded great!!!!
Old 04-05-2024, 07:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeremyGloff View Post
I wish she harmonized on many of the verses on the album like she did in the later live shows on the tour - it sounded great!!!!

I agree to that for sure.
Old 04-06-2024, 08:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I saw the podcast. Pretty accurate critique. The major weakness here is that Christine is not really present (or audible) on Buckingham’s songs, and Buckingham’s presence on “Game of Pretend” mars an otherwise moving, effective performance by Christine.

One note: there IS an extra Christine track that she wanted to put on the record. “I had high hopes for that song,” she said in a promotional interview. “We’ll use it for the next project,” Lindsey replied. My guess is that he didn’t want to use more than five of his songs on this project and was hoarding tracks for his ensuing solo album. To have six Christine songs to his five wasn’t going to fly either (Lindsey can get insecure). So, we get ten concise songs. I wish there were twelve.
Old 04-07-2024, 02:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleuzzi View Post
I saw the podcast. Pretty accurate critique. The major weakness here is that Christine is not really present (or audible) on Buckingham’s songs, and Buckingham’s presence on “Game of Pretend” mars an otherwise moving, effective performance by Christine.

One note: there IS an extra Christine track that she wanted to put on the record. “I had high hopes for that song,” she said in a promotional interview. “We’ll use it for the next project,” Lindsey replied. My guess is that he didn’t want to use more than five of his songs on this project and was hoarding tracks for his ensuing solo album. To have six Christine songs to his five wasn’t going to fly either (Lindsey can get insecure). So, we get ten concise songs. I wish there were twelve.
do we know what that song is?
Old 04-07-2024, 05:56 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
do we know what that song is?
I'm not sure if any other titles have been mentioned, although I do remember McVie saying that they had at least one unused song.
Old 04-07-2024, 11:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by WalkAThinLine. View Post
I'm not sure if any other titles have been mentioned, although I do remember McVie saying that they had at least one unused song.
Someone who claims to have worked in the studio when the album was being made commented on the LB/CM YouTube documentary that Christine brought another song to the sessions called “Know Me” or Feel My Love.” I’m not sure if this comment is accurate or bs, but it’s more information than anyone else has ever offered regarding this.
Old 04-08-2024, 03:29 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleuzzi View Post

I pretty much block out Lindsey's vocal on Game of Pretend chorus. I don't get that voice he uses on his solo recordings. It's weird because I hear Christine on Lindsey's songs, but most posters here say they can't.

I think it would have been cool to have the ten tracks and then a deluxe edition with two tracks or even the one you mentioned by Christine. Lindsey had Hunger and Ride This Road to my knowledge recorded before they started work on this record.

The silver lining is they performed 8 songs from the album at every concert. Nobody does that. Even Springsteen maxes out at 5 these days. I don't know of other seniors who do that many. Madonna did when she toured nw music but she's on a jukebox tour now.
Old 04-15-2024, 04:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by WalkAThinLine. View Post
I hope that song appears at some point as a final Fleetwood Mac track. Stevie could record some backing vocals to it at arm's length from Lindsey. Hopefully she wouldn't ruin it.
Old 04-15-2024, 05:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Christine is listed as songwriter for the following songs. I can’t remember whether any of these are on solo records. Also, some might be original titles for songs that morphed into other titles…
Can’t get enough
Don’t make me wait
Entire lifetime
Eye to eye
Gina
I believe I believe
Need your love (maybe became Prove your love???)
On our own
Ordinary man
Rain in the summertime
Slow down
This feeling of love
Too much is not enough

Damn….that’s potentially a whole album of material!!!

'Where words fail, music speaks'
Mick Fleetwood
Old 04-17-2024, 01:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuzzyPlum View Post
Too much is not enough
That’s an outtake from her 1984 solo album and was played on that tour.

ETA: Go to 1:16:00 (way towards the end) https://youtu.be/OJiIjyN92fs?feature=shared

THE Stephen Hopkins

Last edited by SteveMacD; 04-17-2024 at 02:03 PM..
Old 04-22-2024, 03:10 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuzzyPlum View Post
I believe I believe
Sounds like Where We Belong (Tango outtake).