Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 03-11-2015, 12:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivfox View Post
She says Dennis had a secret crush on her and that she found out YEARS later(maybe even recently) that DW had stolen a pic of her and had it in his private collection.CAH says she did not sleep with Dennis and I believe her. Who would it hurt now if she were to tell people that she did?
It wouldn't hurt anyone. I heard from someone very close to the band he slept with everyone. Surprised he didn't do Lindsey.. lol
Old 03-11-2015, 05:04 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
She says Dennis had a secret crush on her and that she found out YEARS later(maybe even recently) that DW had stolen a pic of her and had it in his private collection.CAH says she did not sleep with Dennis and I believe her. Who would it hurt now if she were to tell people that she did?
Maybe her ever so fragile ego as the martyr, faithful, poor rock girl friend. Pride knows no boundaries.
Old 03-11-2015, 05:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danigirl View Post
Maybe her ever so fragile ego as the martyr, faithful, poor rock girl friend. Pride knows no boundaries.
You're right. I think it does undermine the image of herself she was creating for the book.

I mean, from the opening pages when she and her sisters are sitting in their cozy home reading classic literature and stroking cats, it's clear that she is painting a particular portrait of herself and sleeping with Dennis Wilson, while in a committed relationship with someone else, would have marred that painting.

I don't really know if she slept with Dennis or not, but I do know she was trying to portray an innocent image of herself.

Michele
Old 03-11-2015, 05:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie

i'm not really sure why people are so up in arms about Carol or the value of her book. it's her life, it's her story, and as a part of her healing process she had every right to write that story.

sure you can argue whether or not the book is valuable literature, whether there are inaccuracies in it, and sure there would be no interest in publishing it in the first place if it didn't involve famous people. speaking about famous and what may sell, obviously LB's name alone was not recognizable enough since that "and FM" in the title seems tacked on as an afterthought. none of this takes away from her right to heal. and there certainly are some vividly told interesting snippets from band's life in that book.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 03-12-2015, 09:25 AM
Addicted Ledgie

The one that irked me... Carol gosh darn it, you slept with Dennis Wilson! She couldn't be upfront with it and in doing so made me discredit her a bit.[/QUOTE]

How did you find this out?? (Not disputing you, just curious)

Quote:
How did you find this out???? (Not disputing you, just curious)

I'm such a gossip geek. I truly found her book the most interesting read, it feels like you were part of the times back then, and living with FM. And I also will admit to loving it because of the gossipy nature that it is. (Probably my favorite topic on the Ledge )Maybe she felt that by telling her story, she would be able to convince other women in abusive relationships that it is ok to leave? That could be dangerous in some relationships however, but she isn't a saint or a psychologist, and didn't work with any professionals to produce this book. Just her own sense of cleansing and therefore helping maybe?????
Old 03-12-2015, 09:26 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
You're right. I think it does undermine the image of herself she was creating for the book.

I mean, from the opening pages when she and her sisters are sitting in their cozy home reading classic literature and stroking cats, it's clear that she is painting a particular portrait of herself and sleeping with Dennis Wilson, while in a committed relationship with someone else, would have marred that painting.

I don't really know if she slept with Dennis or not, but I do know she was trying to portray an innocent image of herself.

Michele
I like this comment!!!
Old 03-12-2015, 10:06 AM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovethemac1 View Post
The one that irked me... Carol gosh darn it, you slept with Dennis Wilson! She couldn't be upfront with it and in doing so made me discredit her a bit.
How did you find this out?? (Not disputing you, just curious[/QUOTE]

Pure speculation but, I just don't find it logical that two individuals alone in a hotel room, with cocaine, and attraction for one another as well as the obligation of retrieving ice for one of the individuals significant other, would feel the need to talk and listen to music for that time being. Given DW's reputation and CAH's straying away from Lindsey by this time (because of the drugs, abuse, rock star lifestyle) I really beleive they did have an affair. Another thing that I recently read/heard that made me see things in a differnt light was that mega groupie "Sweet Annie" who claims to have had relations with Lindsey during the Tusk recording sessions. Infedelity was never mentioned in her book, and I presume CAH was very aware, and caused her to resent it and perhaps play the same card. It just made it all the more realistic.
Old 03-12-2015, 10:15 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovethemac1 View Post
How did you find this out???? (Not disputing you, just curious)
I don't mind the question. CAH and I are FB friend's. She recently made a public post about this subject.
Old 03-12-2015, 10:20 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danigirl View Post
How did you find this out?? (Not disputing you, just curious
Pure speculation but, I just don't find it logical that two individuals alone in a hotel room, with cocaine, and attraction for one another as well as the obligation of retrieving ice for one of the individuals significant other, would feel the need to talk and listen to music for that time being. Given DW's reputation and CAH's straying away from Lindsey by this time (because of the drugs, abuse, rock star lifestyle) I really beleive they did have an affair. Another thing that I recently read/heard that made me see things in a differnt light was that mega groupie "Sweet Annie" who claims to have had relations with Lindsey during the Tusk recording sessions. Infedelity was never mentioned in her book, and I presume CAH was very aware, and caused her to resent it and perhaps play the same card. It just made it all the more realistic.[/QUOTE]

Ahhhhhh, that makes sense. And considering her probable insecurities regarding his feelings for Stevie as well. She didn't come out and say as much in the book, but it seemed just under the surface. And she had to have noticed.
Old 03-12-2015, 10:22 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I don't mind the question. CAH and I are FB friend's. She recently made a public post about this subject.
Interesting. Thank you!!!
Old 03-12-2015, 10:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
i'm not really sure why people are so up in arms about Carol or the value of her book. it's her life, it's her story, and as a part of her healing process she had every right to write that story.

sure you can argue whether or not the book is valuable literature, whether there are inaccuracies in it, and sure there would be no interest in publishing it in the first place if it didn't involve famous people. speaking about famous and what may sell, obviously LB's name alone was not recognizable enough since that "and FM" in the title seems tacked on as an afterthought. none of this takes away from her right to heal. and there certainly are some vividly told interesting snippets from band's life in that book.
Really? You have no idea why she would get attacked by a certain insecure group of people? lol... (Being sarcastic with you xoxo)
Old 03-12-2015, 11:15 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Listen, Carol can write anything she wants. And yes, I read the book, and yes I totally enjoyed the gossip aspects of it.

But having read it allows me to have my own opinion about what I read. And an opinion when the author comes out and says the book was about one topic when, having read it, I didn't find in the book what she claims.

Maybe some people are insecure about Carol, but I'm certainly not one of them. That's such a fascinating internet defense mechanism… if someone has a different opinion they are a "hater" or "jealous". Please. Denial ain't just a river in Egypt.

Should Carol care what people say? No. It's her life and she can say and do whatever she wants. Does that mean other people aren't entitled to talk about it? Of course not. When you put stuff out in the public domain, that's the risk you take. These aren't private letters that somehow leaked out. She PUT it all out there. And that invites people to talk about it. I hope she didn't think it would mean people would automatically fawn over her. She's been around fame long enough to know better.

I hope she's happy and in a far healthier relationship. But other than rehashing "He did this or that to me" I don't see her actively educating anyone about dealing with domestic violence. She doesn't own her part in it. Not that she made him hit her or anything like that. That's on him and all his issues. But why she stayed is a lot about her own issues, and I just thought that at least at the end of the book it would have been beneficial for her to offer some insights about what she learned about herself in all that. ymmv

Last edited by bombaysaffires; 03-12-2015 at 11:26 AM..
Old 03-12-2015, 11:46 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
Listen, Carol can write anything she wants. And yes, I read the book, and yes I totally enjoyed the gossip aspects of it.

But having read it allows me to have my own opinion about what I read. And an opinion when the author comes out and says the book was about one topic when, having read it, I didn't find in the book what she claims.

Maybe some people are insecure about Carol, but I'm certainly not one of them. That's such a fascinating internet defense mechanism… if someone has a different opinion they are a "hater" or "jealous". Please. Denial ain't just a river in Egypt.

Should Carol care what people say? No. It's her life and she can say and do whatever she wants. Does that mean other people aren't entitled to talk about it? Of course not. When you put stuff out in the public domain, that's the risk you take. These aren't private letters that somehow leaked out. She PUT it all out there. And that invites people to talk about it. I hope she didn't think it would mean people would automatically fawn over her. She's been around fame long enough to know better.

I hope she's happy and in a far healthier relationship. But other than rehashing "He did this or that to me" I don't see her actively educating anyone about dealing with domestic violence. She doesn't own her part in it. Not that she made him hit her or anything like that. That's on him and all his issues. But why she stayed is a lot about her own issues, and I just thought that at least at the end of the book it would have been beneficial for her to offer some insights about what she learned about herself in all that. ymmv

That is exactly how I feel. Yes she was a witness to allot of things and no one can take that away from her. She is entitled to write what she wants but it seems like she thinks we are hitting below the belt if we chose to offer our honest opinions on the book and the possible motivations for writing it.

As you said "I don't see her actively educating people dealing with domestic violence". I also find some of the comments from people on FB making this book out to be some great book on the subject of abuse to be very disturbing. Plus she calls it her story yet is nowhere to be found on the front cover.

This book is one thing and one thing only. A former insider telling her side of what happened when she was inside the inner circles of FM. Any claims to be anything other then that should be seriously questioned.
Old 03-12-2015, 11:58 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by carol7lynn View Post
Phony as a $3 bill. That's about right.

First of all, one poster above argued that turn about is fair play. Lindsey dissed Carol Ann in songs, so she is justified in telling tales out of school, as it were. I respectfully disagree. Why? Well, it's like this. Her revelations about his physical abuse/violence, self destructive drug usage and his lack of concern for/about his break-up with Stevie are not in the same category as L.B.'s observations about Ms. Harris' character flaws and their inability to get along.

Secondly, her motivation is not to be helpful but to be hurtful and if she makes a buck in the process all the better. If you truly care about someone you talk to them, not about them; especially after they willingly (i.e., There was no palimony law suit filed.) paid for your rehab and bought you a house (as he reportedly did) following their break-up. Did Ms. Harris reciprocate in kind? And, the answer is obviously no or she wouldn't be trying to make a buck now. She is a taker and a user like a lot of hangers on in any profession (but especially the entertainment industry) are. These people live vicariously through their artistic paramour. Their talent lies not in their god given talents but in their delusions through their illusions of grandeur.

And, lastly she was not in the band nor worked for or with the band so what she is reporting is gossip/second hand news. Mick can reveal what ever he wants to about FWM, for what ever reasons he wants to, because he is not only in the band, he co-founded the band, so his observations are first hand accountings not second hand gossip from some wanna be who got dumped.

And, a personal aside. If L.B. really wanted to marry her, rest assured they would have married 20 years ago. I'm not buying the b.s. that she turned him down twice. No woman, young or otherwise, invests 7 years in a relationship, without expecting marriage for financial security, if nothing else. And, this woman does not strike me as a loving, free spirited hippie-chick who gave without regards for nothing in return. That sounds more like Stevie. Storms indeed.

CarolC
I agree completely. I think we all know why she really wrote this book.
Old 03-12-2015, 04:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicks Fan View Post
I agree completely. I think we all know why she really wrote this book.
Um...I don't know. Why?