Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 10-07-2022, 07:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwboy View Post
what is John selling that you think lacks dignity? Nothing John gave to be auctioned seems worthy of the disdain they’re all getting.
He is selling a surfboard that he never used that was bought for him by Stevie as a joke gift. In other words it is some random unused surfboard he's throwing out and looking to actually profit on it. A veritable surfeit of indignity.

I had considered the possibility that Chris instigated the scheme, what with her being the oldest and frailest and, if nothing else, probably just looking to offload items in storage in the US. But Chris is not very proactive, whereas Mick is all entrepreneurial. Even if from appearances it was Chris' "idea", I guarantee that all along Mick was whispering guidance in her ear like Wormtongue having his chats with King Theodin.
Old 10-07-2022, 11:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DownOnRodeo View Post
He is selling a surfboard that he never used that was bought for him by Stevie as a joke gift. In other words it is some random unused surfboard he's throwing out and looking to actually profit on it. A veritable surfeit of indignity.

I had considered the possibility that Chris instigated the scheme, what with her being the oldest and frailest and, if nothing else, probably just looking to offload items in storage in the US. But Chris is not very proactive, whereas Mick is all entrepreneurial. Even if from appearances it was Chris' "idea", I guarantee that all along Mick was whispering guidance in her ear like Wormtongue having his chats with King Theodin.

Oh, yes, this is all textbook Mick. But then Christine has always gone along with his choices and supported them. He has a certain power over her. Her loyalty to him goes beyond just being bandmates and lifelong friends: she has put herself and her reputation on the line for him many times:

—she followed Mick and John to LA (which turned out well, but it was a risk)

—she agreed to carry on without Lindsey in 1987, 1990, and 1995, despite not feeling the new lineups were as good without him

—she did The Dance tour

—she went on the 2028-2019 tour with imposters

—she’s always been the dutiful soldier and taking the party line.

And now this….
Old 10-08-2022, 01:41 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleuzzi View Post
Oh, yes, this is all textbook Mick. But then Christine has always gone along with his choices and supported them. He has a certain power over her. Her loyalty to him goes beyond just being bandmates and lifelong friends: she has put herself and her reputation on the line for him many times:

—she agreed to carry on without Lindsey in 1987, 1990, and 1995, despite not feeling the new lineups were as good without him

—she did The Dance tour

And now this….
It's difficult whether to applaud her loyalty or mock it.

I mean, she's loyal to THE card carrying IDIOT of FM history.

Maybe it's pity loyalty...
Old 10-08-2022, 02:45 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Quote:

—she did The Dance tour

And now this….
She also was the only band member to give him money for his debts before his bankruptcy in 1984.
Old 10-08-2022, 03:15 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I donÂ’t care that they are selling this stuff, itÂ’s theirs to sell.
ItÂ’s only collecting dust in some storage facility.
But they should donate at least a percentage of the proceeds.
Hang on Â….IÂ’ve just read a portion of the proceeds will go to MusiCares

If Mick is in need of money Christine and John should help him out.
Would they have been so rich and famous without him? I doubt it.
Old 10-08-2022, 07:59 AM
Addicted Ledgie

It's fascinating that Stevie and Lindsey aren't taking part in this.
Old 10-08-2022, 08:17 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sue View Post
I donÂ’t care that they are selling this stuff, itÂ’s theirs to sell.
ItÂ’s only collecting dust in some storage facility.
But they should donate at least a percentage of the proceeds.
Hang on Â….IÂ’ve just read a portion of the proceeds will go to MusiCares

If Mick is in need of money Christine and John should help him out.
Would they have been so rich and famous without him? I doubt it.
I dont think anyone is disputing their right to sell what is theirs. They are getting old and these treasures need to find a good home. The issue that I and others have is the disguise of a rock star auction. Clearly they could put on twitter or Ebay any item they want and sell whatever they want. They wont even reveal what percentage is for charity. Most rock stars have auctions all the time and 100% of the proceeds go to a charity. But not this group. Its fine to profit off a sale of what is yours but don't use the rock star auction route as a disguise for your profit. There is a reason Stevie and Lindsey said NO WAY. I like others believe this was Mick's idea and he persuaded Chris and John to go along. Like Stevie's tour cut percentage, we may never know the cut that goes to charity but I am waging 10%.
Old 10-08-2022, 08:54 AM
Addicted Ledgie

How can they still need money? What on earth are they doing with it?

This does feel to me like the end of the band as going concern. Of course they could still get together and play without any of this stuff, but it just looks like a winding down. At least Lindsey and Stevie are still out there, even with diminished powers. But it's sad to watch this epic band fading away.
Old 10-08-2022, 10:00 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I do understand the need to purge, and I do think it shows that the end is here(or very near). It is sad watching them fade away. They should have called it another lonely day after BuckVie, when the old goat got Lindsey fired. That WAS the end.
Old 10-08-2022, 10:05 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by tango87 View Post

This does feel to me like the end of the band as going concern. Of course they could still get together and play without any of this stuff, but it just looks like a winding down. At least Lindsey and Stevie are still out there, even with diminished powers. But it's sad to watch this epic band fading away.
They are all determined to live like stars for the remainder of their years, exploiting the public’s genuine love for their legacy. They refuse to adjust their lifestyles to a kind of graceful retirement.
Old 10-08-2022, 10:44 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
They are all determined to live like stars for the remainder of their years, exploiting the public’s genuine love for their legacy. They refuse to adjust their lifestyles to a kind of graceful retirement.
I'll bet John still has a ton of money. He's always seemed the most grounded, at least with the rock star lifestyle.

Mick is, and has always been, the idiot who wants to live like Stevie, when he probably makes 5% of what she does.
Old 10-08-2022, 10:48 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by tango87 View Post

Its always Mick that needs money. He is so bad with money and always finds ways to get petty cash. Wasn't it reported many years ago how he rents his restaurant for the hours its not open or something? I cant remember the details but an unusual move for a restaurant owner who is the founder of one of the biggest music bands in the world. He probably made at least 5 million with On With The Show tour and probably another 5 million off the following tour. Yet he sells his presence to the fans for a few hundred. Nothing wrong with making money. But it just seems he should not be in the position to keep looking for ways to make petty cash. How much could he have made off the meet and greets with On With the show? Maybe $50,000? Would that not be less than he would make off one show? Selling your RRHOF award is an insult to the Hall IMHO. There are NFL stars who hit rock bottom and were forced to sell their Super Bowl ring. It almost seems like that. He just seems like he will do anything for a nickel. Why not go all the way and sell your Grammy and all your rights to The Visitor. That should make him at least another $12.95

This is connected to Lindsey's firing. If Mick did not have this mindset, he would not let Stevie lead him around on a leash. He only cared about her ticket sales draw and not about the legacy of the band. If he was not like this, its possible it might not have happened. Which is why he is so nice to Lindsey these days. He wants him back for another reunion tour. Every step he makes is calculated in where the next dime is coming from. Its sad and how a drug addict thinks. Where is your next hit coming from?

Last edited by Macfan4life; 10-08-2022 at 10:54 AM..
Old 10-08-2022, 11:06 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Christine, having just sold her catalog, should have MORE than enough money to live out her days... she's looking at 80, FFS. She blew a ton on a very $$$ pad in London, but she also sold her Kent estate previously (I now wonder if part of her rejoining the band was because of the insane amount of her cash she put into renovating that house... by her own account it was a bit of a dump when she bought it). If she's in need of cash after the catalog sale, and the tour lucre, she's even worse than Mick.

Mick, unlike Chris and John, has multiple kids, (grandkids?) and who knows what his settlement with his last ex-wife was in terms of payout and/or alimony/child support. Those girls were still pretty young when they split and he'll be supporting them for years to come. However he also just sold his catalog for a decent sum.... And he said at the time that getting that money now, in one lump, would allow him to do things he wants to do that otherwise he'd have to wait longer to do (presumably because he'd have to get the band to do another tour or two to rake in that money otherwise). Does anyone recall what he got for his publishing?? Giving him a lump sum is like giving an addict the key to the medicine cabinet.

John likes a nice life, he's just quieter about it. A few years back the real estate columns had stories about him buying a house in the LA area for his daughter in a nice area....so he has expenses of his and his wife's lifestyles and habits, and his kid.

Chris has no such obligations. Now, she may be supporting in some way various family members and friends and hangers on...

Bottom line is, if any of these fools don't have enough to live out their lives on, they deserve what they get.... and maybe should question the nimrods they have managing their investments.

Last edited by bombaysaffires; 10-08-2022 at 11:08 AM..
Old 10-08-2022, 12:08 PM
Ledgie

Apart from anything else, this is evidence- if indeed it were needed- that it's over. For this, I'm sad.
Old 10-08-2022, 01:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Maybe John discussed the auction with Stevie at the Hollywood Bowl this week. "Got a cape you don't want Stevie?"