User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 02-27-2015, 03:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleuzzi View Post
38 pages later and I feel the same way I did when the thread started: get off your collective asses and put an album out already. It's been over 25 years since you five did this and you owe it--yes, owe it--to the fans who have supported you on several nostalgia tours. You also owe it to yourselves as artists to stand behind new work.

Stevie is the most visible problem right now. And whatever hangs up she has there's little she could say or do to make me sympathize with her endless, maddening demurring.

However, in truth, all five are to blame. They should have resisted the worldwide tour until they came out with new material. Period. They could have had the album finished by now. Imagine how exciting THAT tour would be?!
I agree. Presuming SN would participate (which is a huge assumption) they could have banged out the album this year and then toured in the fall and yeah, that would have been amazing. Not just to have Chris back but to also have a new album under their belts. But they didn't.

Not sure what to say about Stevie. My guess is she'll do a solo tour when the Mac tour is done and maybe work on the FM album during breaks as she's done in the past? Who knows. I'll be very surprised if we see another album from this band. The big machine has gotten far too complicated for its own good. The only thing they can agree on is touring and playing songs from 35 years ago.

I remember it all...you just had to fall...
Old 02-27-2015, 04:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleuzzi View Post
However, in truth, all five are to blame. They should have resisted the worldwide tour until they came out with new material. Period. They could have had the album finished by now. Imagine how exciting THAT tour would be?!
As much as I detest yet another cash grab oldies tour- maybe, just maybe- it was the right thing to do in this instance. Christine and Lindsey have noted Christine's musical rustiness. It sounds like following In The Meantime, Christine stopped playing music altogether. Maybe a year of live shows is exactly what she needed to get back into the groove and find her muse again. Christine will be well oiled and inspired now.

Plus, maybe it was the right way to reintroduce the world to Christine again, and show that she brings the band to the next level. Because let's face it- it's tours that get veteran artists publicity & attention these days. Now that the public has been put on notice as to the awesomeness of Christine, dropping an album after this tour might just have been a genius move.

And I agree. If the band tours behind a new album, it will be the first time I've been excited about FM since Say You Will. And I will be positively giddy when/if that day comes. And I will end my 11 year boycott and go see them live with zeal.
Old 02-27-2015, 07:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

It's 38 pages and we are all in the same place we were at the beginning. And remember this isn't even our only thread on the subject. We had another long thread too.

We could always start fighting over whether the dress is blue and black or white and gold, instead.

Michele
Old 02-27-2015, 07:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
It's 38 pages and we are all in the same place we were at the beginning. And remember this isn't even our only thread on the subject. We had another long thread too.

We could always start fighting over whether the dress is blue and black or white and gold, instead.

Michele
as is the band, it seems.

so it's only logical.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 02-27-2015, 08:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Time_(Fleetwood_Mac_album)

....but "Time" is the first and only Fleetwood Mac album since 1974's Heroes Are Hard to Find not to feature any contribution from Stevie Nicks.

Yeah, I don't see her sitting this one out.
Old 02-27-2015, 08:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick View Post
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Time_(Fleetwood_Mac_album)

....but "Time" is the first and only Fleetwood Mac album since 1974's Heroes Are Hard to Find not to feature any contribution from Stevie Nicks.

Yeah, I don't see her sitting this one out.
It might not be as much of a question of will she be a part of the FM record as it is what part will LB play on her songs...It's probably a given he will have no role in production of her songs and his musical contributions will possibly be kept to a minimum and it won't surprise me if the musical credits for her FM songs include the phrase "and additional guitars by ( insert name )"...
Old 02-27-2015, 08:54 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueDenimLamp View Post
It might not be as much of a question of will she be a part of the FM record as it is what part will LB play on her songs...It's probably a given he will have no role in production of her songs and his musical contributions will possibly be kept to a minimum and it won't surprise me if the musical credits for her FM songs include the phrase "and additional guitars by ( insert name )"...
Stevie has never publicly said she had an issue with Lindsey as a guitarist.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 02-27-2015, 09:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
Stevie has never publicly said she had an issue with Lindsey as a guitarist.
Didn't say she had a problem with his playing ability but I think it won't be the "Lindsey show" this time around...He will play his parts and add some vocals and that's it. And if Stevie's looking for something that's not up LB's alley there might be "additional guitars by"???
Old 02-27-2015, 11:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Didn't say she had a problem with his playing ability but I think it won't be the "Lindsey show" this time around...He will play his parts and add some vocals and that's it. And if Stevie's looking for something that's not up LB's alley there might be "additional guitars by"???
You just don't like Lindsey.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 02-27-2015, 11:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I understand what BlueDenimLamp is saying though. With Christine back, this is not going to be Say You Will again.. Therefore, Lindsey is not going to be the sole producer, and will almost certainly not have the enormous creative task of such. Stevie will most likely bring some of her friends to the table, and rightly would put Lindsey out of a job, so to speak, as Stevie's production guru. Unless he can produce her songs as he did pre-Tango, then I think that would almost be a wise decision.. Besides, Christine brings a harmonious rhythm back to the band, and I think that would help even out Lindsey's "experiments".
Old 02-28-2015, 12:41 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
right, even on IYD, she still sought out Lindsey to put his guitar playing to make the song work.
personally, I think all of the drama is PR... even in their most tense times, he did Twisted with her, went to her AHF benefit, and after SYW, she appeared on his Soundstage taping.
I think the bulk of this conflict is manufactured BS
Old 02-28-2015, 01:09 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnystorms View Post
right, even on IYD, she still sought out Lindsey to put his guitar playing to make the song work.
personally, I think all of the drama is PR... even in their most tense times, he did Twisted with her, went to her AHF benefit, and after SYW, she appeared on his Soundstage taping.
I think the bulk of this conflict is manufactured BS
He also worked on TISL with her, and hung around with her during those times (TISL/IYD) when she was working. Even if we just look at the Soldier's Angel comments, we have...

"The song was so important that I asked Lindsey to come over and bring his musical magic to it and he did – as he always does."

"We recorded it live and did some harmonies, and then he did some little lead guitar things and it was perfect. There’s no other players, just me and him. Not only did we create something that’s probably as Buckingham Nicks as we have been since 1973, but I think that song really brought Lindsey and I back together."

"In two days I think we went back to being Buckingham-Nicks because I really needed his help on that song. After we recorded it everybody said it was like you guys raced back through time and became who you were in 1973. It was great and it healed a lot of wounds."

After Lindsey mentioned publicly that she was yet to thank him for his work on SYW, etc, we got this from her:
Not long before I interviewed Stevie, Lindsey seemed close to tears when he told me that she had never thanked him for all the work he’d done on the album. “Did he say that to you?” Stevie replies incredulously. “My God. All I can is that he worked his butt off. I give him all the credit. He took my little skeleton songs and turned them into fully finished pieces. The way we work hasn’t changed. He is an immense talent, a craftsman beyond belief. I knew that the first time we met.”
She does know how to praise the man, lol.

"Then we were like this really cute couple and we were making this amazing music. And I wrote this poem about him, really. I figure into it a little but it’s mostly just about him and how I felt about him when I first met him. Because, you know, your first impressions are always important. And I found him to be sooo sexy and so handsome and so nice and so very, very talented. What’re you gonna do?”

"There’s nothing going on between you and me except that there will always be something going on between you and me. Until the day we die"
Old 02-28-2015, 01:41 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
And apparently neither does Stevie from a working musical/creative standpoint...She may have been willing to let him take as he puts it "creative liberties" 30 years ago but "That was then ...This is now" and 30 years later Stevie is more than capable of navigating the FM creative ship along the course she wants...And maybe she want's to be seen as more than just a singer/songwriter within the band...She no longer needs LB to take charge which is something he didn't learn his lesson on with "SYW" and without Christine around it was "The Lindsey Show" on overload...In fact someone just posted an excerpt from Stevie about the whole SYW LB overload thing and I think that was the straw that broke the camels back...I think the LB show went on for far to long and Stevie is at the point where she is just not playing his game again...So no matter how much LB promises to be a good boy it's not going to happen...Quite a while back there was a quote from LB where he said something along the lines of "they were trying to figure out how to record Stevie's songs"...Perhaps it had to do with how they were going to work with her people in the studio and like I said LB may end up being little more that a "Session player" on Stevie's songs. Personally I think Stevie & LB have grown in opposite directions musically and there is little if any common ground left so if she does participate she's going to make damn sure her songs are the way she wants weather LB likes it or not.
Old 02-28-2015, 02:10 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
And apparently neither does Stevie from a working musical/creative standpoint...
So much so that she invited him to sing and play on her solo album AND did the EP with him.

Quote:
She no longer needs LB to take charge which is something he didn't learn his lesson on with "SYW" and without Christine around it was "The Lindsey Show" on overload...
What a bunch of crap. Seven out of Lindsey's nine SYW songs were recorded between 1995 and 2000, and were intended to be the core of "Gift of Screws." After Mo Ostin retired from Warner's, the new guard encouraged Lindsey to turn the solo album into a Fleetwood Mac album. It seems a little insincere for Stevie (or, more specifically, her blindly loyal fans) to be so critical of Lindsey for trying to make her songs (some new, some not) fit his vision for an album he had been working on for years, an album he had no intentions of being a Fleetwood Mac album. I'm sure Lindsey didn't think that was an ideal situation, either. If given the choice, I think he'd rather have started fresh and get back into the Buckingham Nicks mode, but there wasn't time for that.

Quote:
Personally I think Stevie & LB have grown in opposite directions musically and there is little if any common ground left so if she does participate she's going to make damn sure her songs are the way she wants weather LB likes it or not.
But Lindsey has already agreed with her doing that. He welcomes it. It's half the reason he brought on Mitchell Froom for the EP songs. The whole producer thing is a red herring.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 02-28-2015, 04:02 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
And apparently neither does Stevie from a working musical/creative standpoint...She may have been willing to let him take as he puts it "creative liberties" 30 years ago but "That was then ...This is now" and 30 years later Stevie is more than capable of navigating the FM creative ship along the course she wants...And maybe she want's to be seen as more than just a singer/songwriter within the band...She no longer needs LB to take charge which is something he didn't learn his lesson on with "SYW" and without Christine around it was "The Lindsey Show" on overload...In fact someone just posted an excerpt from Stevie about the whole SYW LB overload thing and I think that was the straw that broke the camels back...I think the LB show went on for far to long and Stevie is at the point where she is just not playing his game again...So no matter how much LB promises to be a good boy it's not going to happen...Quite a while back there was a quote from LB where he said something along the lines of "they were trying to figure out how to record Stevie's songs"...Perhaps it had to do with how they were going to work with her people in the studio and like I said LB may end up being little more that a "Session player" on Stevie's songs. Personally I think Stevie & LB have grown in opposite directions musically and there is little if any common ground left so if she does participate she's going to make damn sure her songs are the way she wants weather LB likes it or not.
I think Lindsey will be co-producer on anything the bands works on. He's not going to sit on the sidelines. Just not who he is.