The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 03-10-2015, 11:51 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I'm for the idea of them at least releasing a single or two of the Lindsey/Christine work. Why not? Albums do only modestly well these days and people download songs more than albums… give us SOMETHING.

I see a big case of coulda, shoulda, woulda looming with this band as they gamble on having lots more time left.
Old 03-10-2015, 12:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuzzyPlum View Post
Grrrrrrr. They must be so frustrated.

Maybe they should just release some of what they have as singles- one a month and then put them all together on an album at the end.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
I'm for the idea of them at least releasing a single or two of the Lindsey/Christine work. Why not? Albums do only modestly well these days and people download songs more than albums… give us SOMETHING.
i like the idea of releasing these songs bit by bit for downloads, and just wrap them all together as an album in the end.

get that MJCL label going! and give us new music now!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
I see a big case of coulda, shoulda, woulda looming with this band as they gamble on having lots more time left.
yeah it's weird. i was just listening to SWS yesterday after a long long time (i don't listen to much LB anymore these days since there's no new music ) and it struck me how different LB's attitude seems to be now from then... with somehow having all the time in the world now. maybe because he's again with the group of people where he's the youngest? or getting that hair back helped? at least 2 songs on SWS were so clearly about wrapping up the last acts and even dying (Gone Too Far and End of Time).

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 03-10-2015, 12:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Will it get radio airplay.

Other issue they probably looking at is radio airplay.The last outings of Stevie's went into the stations round file"Rubbish can". or the recycle bin on their music servers.

Classic rock stations like the River format might play it like SYW in 2003.
Since radio is age discriminant over older artists or bands . Forget the top 40 stations unless they record teenybopper,Rap-hiphop or country tunes.

They could team up with some young artist or band like Lady Gaga with Tony Bennett and others like that.

Unless this upcoming album is a fan album like 24K is.It wont see the airwaves unless some college stations will give it a spin.Iheartradio probably have the mac do a guess DJ like Stevie with her 24K album and let it run for a week or two.Atlease it will get played online.

Stevie fan forever and ever amen.......
the Wildheart at Edge of Seventeen and the Gypsy.....

My sweet Buttons .I love you. RIP 2009 to 08/24/2016
Old 03-10-2015, 12:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfanforever View Post
Other issue they probably looking at is radio airplay.
of course it won't get any airplay on your "mainstream" radio. who cares?

satellite radio? now that's another story.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 03-10-2015, 12:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
this is how this "band" works as far as LB goes, since 2000:

2001 - waiting for SN to do FM
2002 - waiting for SN to do FM
2003 - SYW
2006 - UTS
2008 - GOS
2009 - waiting for SN to do FM
2010 - waiting for SN to do FM
2011 - SWS
2012 - waiting for SN to do FM
2012 - This is 40
2013 - EP
2014 - waiting for SN to do FM
2015 - waiting for SN to do FM

the years they / he toured? at least some of the time it was because SN didn't want to record with FM (2009, 2012, extremely likely timing of 2014/2015 too). and it's not like they cannot record while on tours, it's that "politically" they cannot agree to do it during the tour.
Quote:
as a group?????? do you really and truly believe this?

you think SYW or EP was splintered? just wait for this one, if it ever comes out!

album that had at least 2 false starts that we know of already, trying to build it from ground up, as a group? and that will maybe somehow get SN on board under who knows what conditions she will put on her participation?? not splintered? from ground up, all together? right.

now if SN doesn't participate in the end and they do put it out anyway? that has a good chance to be a cohesive album.
I've run Stevie up a pole regarding her keeping FM shut down for the 21st century. I have no doubt at all that it is her fault we've only gotten 1 FM album the past 15 years, and I have no doubt she's the one who has this newest project frozen in it's tracks. I'm way, way more angry with her than my posts allude to. However, all I'm asking here is for people to speculate why Stevie is digging in her heels. She's gotten everything she demanded- Christine's return, Lindsey's agreement to an outside producer. She's released 3 solo albums this century to the Mac's 1; so FM isn't stealing her away from her solo career. So what the Hell is going on? That's what I'm trying to get folks to talk about. I personally think it's something more legitimate than just Stevie's ego and stubbornness. I also tend to think this time in particular is different. The stars have all aligned to her wishes, yet she's still not onboard. Why?
Old 03-10-2015, 12:54 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by louielouie2000 View Post
I've run Stevie up a pole regarding her keeping FM shut down for the 21st century. I have no doubt at all that it is her fault we've only gotten 1 FM album the past 15 years, and I have no doubt she's the one who has this newest project frozen in it's tracks. I'm way, way more angry with her than my posts allude to. However, all I'm asking here is for people to speculate why Stevie is digging in her heels. She's gotten everything she demanded- Christine's return, Lindsey's agreement to an outside producer. She's released 3 solo albums this century to the Mac's 1; so FM isn't stealing her away from her solo career. So what the Hell is going on? That's what I'm trying to get folks to talk about. I personally think it's something more legitimate than just Stevie's ego and stubbornness. I also tend to think this time in particular is different. The stars have all aligned to her wishes, yet she's still not onboard. Why?
I think it's simple: she doesn't enjoy being in the studio with Lindsey. I think Dave Stewart created a safe, fun, tension-free environment for her last two albums and that's how she wants to work from now on.
Old 03-10-2015, 01:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by editme2 View Post
I think it's simple: she doesn't enjoy being in the studio with Lindsey. I think Dave Stewart created a safe, fun, tension-free environment for her last two albums and that's how she wants to work from now on.
well, it is 21st century. she doesn't have to be in the studio with him. he and Christine worked long-distance on Christine's music first, so it's not like FM members are stuck in the distant past when you couldn't do it that way.

now if by what you said you mean she doesn't want any constructive criticism, she just wants whoever works with her to fulfill whatever her vision is, that may be the case. i'm thinking at this point, other band members would agree to her songs being mostly flashed out and done when she brings them to the band, just to get them out. (but i may be wrong. they really wanted to build new album together as a band for years now.)

two "whys" that i have heard /seen floating around:
1) she apparently didn't like LB's production on her SYW songs - this is tightly related to your point editme2.
2) she is "dry" music-wise, and all music she's been putting out since 2010 is either old music or written by someone else, with just lyrics being hers.

for this second point possible solutions are:
  1. she contributes old songs as she always partly has anyway.
  2. she has a co-writer outside the FM that can write melodies/music for her new poems. this then gets to the question how compatible this will be with FM, but it could work.
  3. she comes to FM and works with either LB or CM or both and they can co-write with her, or help her out of her dry spell musically, if that's what she's worried about. but that of course comes full circle back to your point of apparently she not wanting to work with LB.

now if that's the case, we can go back to why doesn't she want to work with LB?
  • for professional reasons? (see SYW above. also apparently she has been working her whole career to prove she is a viable and talented songwriter without having to lean on LB. one would think by now she'd be secure in that, but maybe she's not?)
  • for personal reasons? (while he loves her and considers her a family, he has a life that doesn't involve SN anymore, and she can't get used to that?)

Old 03-10-2015, 02:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
of course it won't get any airplay on your "mainstream" radio. who cares?

satellite radio? now that's another story.
I agree...

Old 03-10-2015, 03:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by PenguinHead View Post
Well, luckily songs don't have "use by" date. Is 2017 now the estimate date for album? I assumed it could be done and out in 2016.
Exactly! Songs don't expire. Stevie says she's always writing. To insinuate that her recent release proves she's "dried out" creatively is hogwash. Anyone who read any of the articles about 24K knows she used mostly demos for that release due to time constraints (among other reasons). And there was nothing wrong with that.

My belief is that she just isn't comfortable working in the studio with Lindsey, no matter how it's done these days (Skype, email, what-not), and no matter if Christine is there or not. I think the stage is one thing for Stevie, the studio is another.

but I could be totally wrong.

Jamie
Old 03-10-2015, 03:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I did not know new written songs can go stale like a bag of chips or a bottle of milk.

Songs about the current events can be dated but some can be a tribute to the issue or the person the songs written about.

Stevie already proved she can revive tunes from her vault and refresh them up for 24K.I cant wait for the second 24K album.

At this point .I dont care if her tunes for the new FM album are fresh or 30 plus years old.

Old 03-10-2015, 04:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkmaletic View Post
My belief is that she just isn't comfortable working in the studio with Lindsey, no matter how it's done these days (Skype, email, what-not), and no matter if Christine is there or not. I think the stage is one thing for Stevie, the studio is another.

but I could be totally wrong.
so you think her reasons are not of creative or professional nature but more personal non-comfort for whatever reason?

Old 03-10-2015, 05:08 PM

Quote:

now if by what you said you mean she doesn't want any constructive criticism, she just wants whoever works with her to fulfill whatever her vision is, that may be the case.[/LIST]
She doesn't have the talent to carry out her own vision. She needs someone else to do it. Christine and Lindsey can both write, play, arrange and produce.

So her only power is to have a solo career and hire someone to make up for her lack of ability. If you think about it, why would she stay in a position where she has to share the limelight. Answer: a tour worth multi-millions of dollars. She doesn't get that with a FM album.

So my theory is she will go back to where she has her own power and decision making. Tonight Live Nation presents... Rod Stewart & Stevie Nicks.
Old 03-10-2015, 05:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by louielouie2000 View Post

and yet I'd bet you dollars to donuts she'd totally claim that she's given up way too much time to FM this century at the expense of her solo career. It's just how she sees things; don't confuse the issue with facts. She seems to think all the Mac tours just limited her solo time or something... well, ya know, you can turn them down sistah... oh but wait, the money, the money the money.....

Clearly (to me) not wanting to do an album with LB in charge is one of her big problems. But as has been noted, that is fixable.

Then I thought, maybe it's her ego, she can't get past the fact that a new album won't go gold let alone platinum... but then, neither did her last two solo albums...

So yeah, I don't get what's up her bum about an album, I really don't.
Old 03-10-2015, 05:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
She doesn't have the talent to carry out her own vision. She needs someone else to do it. Christine and Lindsey can both write, play, arrange and produce.

So her only power is to have a solo career and hire someone to make up for her lack of ability. If you think about it, why would she stay in a position where she has to share the limelight. Answer: a tour worth multi-millions of dollars. She doesn't get that with a FM album.

So my theory is she will go back to where she has her own power and decision making. Tonight Live Nation presents... Rod Stewart & Stevie Nicks.
More like Michael Bolton or Wayne Newton & Stevie Nicks. It's all downhill from here folks!
Old 03-10-2015, 06:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
so you think her reasons are not of creative or professional nature but more personal non-comfort for whatever reason?
Probably a combo of those three. And the personal reasons could affect the professional reasons.

(We sound like shrinks.)