User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 03-27-2017, 06:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
There are plenty of things they can do without Stevie that they could not do with Stevie (who sings what and how for just one) that they now can do and may have chosen to do, which makes the music different from what it might have been if SN had been involved.
good points - now you are making me even more curious - can't wait! and they can have different keys too, more suited to their 2 voices vs SN's.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
Fleetwood Mac material has a way of finding a home no matter what. Lots of times it's the other way around.. solo >>>> FMac.
ha - true! for once (or twice, considering there will be a LB solo album at the end of the year too!) FM project(s) turned into duets and solo instead of the other way around!

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 03-27-2017, 07:41 PM

I'm not saying it didn't start that way. But, if you've ever been in a studio or recorded: thingss change and things happen. For now, I'm going to buy that it morphed into something special for the two of them. And I'm glad that it's not being called Fleetwood Mac.

sue me!

Now go listen to Tango In The Night and Trouble.
Old 03-27-2017, 08:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I'm not saying it didn't start that way. But, if you've ever been in a studio or recorded: thingss change and things happen. For now, I'm going to buy that it morphed into something special for the two of them. And I'm glad that it's not being called Fleetwood Mac.

sue me!

Now go listen to Tango In The Night and Trouble.
hater i see you wanna make me miserable with thos horrible horrible songs

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 03-27-2017, 09:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
They had Mick guest on Trouble due to greed.
Old 03-27-2017, 10:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
really, why? a project can't morph?

if we apply your logic, then Destiny Rules is not a FM album, but a Lindsey solo album.
Things can morph, and GoS certainly morphed into SYW. However, I think, from the outset, that Lindsey went into GoS with the idea of doing something that could morph into a Fleetwood Mac album if needed. There were a lot of changes at the label starting in 1994 that didn't bode well for Lindsey as a solo artist or Fleetwood Mac without Lindsey and Stevie.

Quote:
You (nor I or anyone else here) don't know how the concept let alone the individual songs themselves have changed since that original conception several years ago.
But, we all know that if Stevie came to them in December with two or three songs, we'd be looking at a new Fleetwood Mac release, so the point is moot. But, Christine and Lindsey have a long history of collaboration within the context of Fleetwood Mac, and to suddenly say that this is something different, especially with Mick and John on the album, seems a little disingenuous.

Quote:
You can start a project thinking it will be one thing, and have it take a completely different path. There are plenty of things they can do without Stevie that they could not do with Stevie (who sings what and how for just one) that they now can do and may have chosen to do, which makes the music different from what it might have been if SN had been involved.
It doesn't change the fact that they made the album as Fleetwood Mac, but changed the name of the band as a logistical, if not political move.

Quote:
True, but it makes no difference if the project is a "duet" album.
The intention was for it to be a Fleetwood Mac album the entire time they were recording it. It's only now a duets album because old what's her name decided not to contribute to it. If she had given them two songs in December, it would have gone from being called Buckingham McVie back to being called Fleetwood Mac.

Quote:
And from what I hear, they chose not to tour.
I could think of a lot of reasons why they won't do the tour, since it's not being billed as Fleetwood Mac. I suspect there's a financial element to the tour that Mick and John don't want to get involved with.

Quote:
The point is, if it morphed into a duet album and Mick and John didn't want to be a part of that, than what's wrong with calling it a duet album, or Buckingham/McVie? Otherwise, the could have called it Fleetwood Quartet.
Again, I suspect there are financial and political reasons for the decision to forego the Fleetwood Mac name, but let's not kid ourselves. It was always a Fleetwood Mac album.

THE Stephen Hopkins

Last edited by SteveMacD; 03-27-2017 at 10:09 PM..
Old 03-28-2017, 12:10 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
Law and Order is one of my FAVORITE FM albums. I LOVE that freaky deeky thing!!!!!
Old 03-28-2017, 01:32 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
......but let's not kid ourselves. It was always a Fleetwood Mac album.
Excellent post. I couldn''t agree more.