User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 10-13-2014, 01:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by FM77 View Post
I said earlier this year that hopes were going to be dashed on that new record. Could it still happen? Yes. But the longer they get away from it, the less likely it is.
a blurb i just found about what Mick said at that m&g:

"He was asked about the new album and his response was that they do plan on finishing it once they get a gap in between touring... and mentioned a second leg had been added (later announced on The Today Show). So wasn't sure when... but it will happen. Also said they needed to persuade Stevie to take part. Said they had a lot of recorded material to choose from... So there's is not timetable it seems for the album, just that it will happen."

it was posted here, in the comments section at the bottom: http://www.fleetwoodmacnews.com/2014...l#comment-form

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 10-13-2014, 01:45 PM
Senior Ledgie

They are so dramatic...but I don't think this will happen...I think Stevie will be part of the new album
Old 10-13-2014, 02:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post

"He was asked about the new album and his response was that they do plan on finishing it once they get a gap in between touring... and mentioned a second leg had been added (later announced on The Today Show). So wasn't sure when... but it will happen. Also said they needed to persuade Stevie to take part. Said they had a lot of recorded material to choose from... So there's is not timetable it seems for the album, just that it will happen."

it was posted here, in the comments section at the bottom: http://www.fleetwoodmacnews.com/2014...l#comment-form
How many more years will they spend trying "to persuade Stevie" to record?
Old 10-13-2014, 02:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueDenimLamp View Post
How many more years will they spend trying "to persuade Stevie" to record?
When someone dies, they will all be remorseful about not collaborating more. Unfortunately they are getting to a point in their lives where time isn't on their side. It's pathetic at their age that this even goes on. If you don't like being in the band, quit. If that means the days of mega tours are done, then so be it.
Old 10-13-2014, 02:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmn3 View Post
When someone dies, they will all be remorseful about not collaborating more. Unfortunately they are getting to a point in their lives where time isn't on their side. It's pathetic at their age that this even goes on. If you don't like being in the band, quit. If that means the days of mega tours are done, then so be it.
I totally agree. Christine is 71 and just because she's just come back doesn't mean they'll be around for another 20 years. They'll be active for another 3/4 years tops. They can't be fussy now as it would be great to go out with a bang.

A new Fleetwood Mac record would be fantastic. I think 'Say You Will' is an absolute masterpiece and it's hard to believe its 11 years old but an album with all 5 members would be great and I'm sure it'll come out some time next year. I don't think Stevie would be stupid enough to miss out on this.
Old 10-13-2014, 09:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post

Thank you, Elle.

Whether the band decides to release a new album or not, they won't be able to do another tour after this without new music. since big money has always been a factor in the decisions these musicians make, new music has to be forthcoming. And it better be. We've all waited decades.

If it has to be sans Stevie, so be it. I love her and all, but the musical chemistry between the remaining four is powerful enough to satisfy my ears.
Old 10-13-2014, 10:33 PM
Senior Ledgie

I think we need to stop speculating so much and just wait and see. In all honesty, if we know anything about the Mac it is that they work in a "last minute decision" style. There could very well be a new album with all five involved as I find it highly unlikely that they would tour again with just the hits...there would not be much justification.

I think, to be honest, that Christine coming back to the band changed everything. Had she not, I do believe that sometime after the 2013 tour there would have been a new album (or at least a more cohesive EP) that the band would at some point tour behind. With Christine coming back, I think the band and their managers saw this as a great way to capitalize. They are essentially doing what they have done in 2009 and 2013, only this time Christine is here. From a marketing standpoint, a greatest hits tour with the whole lineup is big money. I am as glad as anyone to have Christine back and I do think the format of this tour is justified, however I believe it has taken place of working on new Fleetwood Mac music to be released in the near future.

Most likely what will happen is that this tour will last until June 2015. I am sure that Stevie will do some performing for the 24 Karat gold release. To her credit, she has given a lot towards the band this time around as she is not even mentioning her new album at the shows. Stevie is a dedicated Fleetwood Mac member and I am sure that if the band does go on to make a new album, which I hope they do, she will be a part of it.

As a personal side note, I would hate to think that all Stevie would do is "throw the band some other tunes from the vault," to paraphrase another poster. If the band do in fact make a new album it should be heartfelt and creatively invigorating for them (like the work with Buckingham and McVie seems to have been). When I listen to an album by a band I don't want to hear forced music...it needs to be real.

Old 10-13-2014, 10:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy Man View Post
I think we need to stop speculating so much and just wait and see.
This ^^^

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy Man View Post
Most likely what will happen is that this tour will last until June 2015. I am sure that Stevie will do some performing for the 24 Karat gold release. To her credit, she has given a lot towards the band this time around as she is not even mentioning her new album at the shows. Stevie is a dedicated Fleetwood Mac member and I am sure that if the band does go on to make a new album, which I hope they do, she will be a part of it.
This^^^

Of course, now that Stevie's record is out, here all you go again with the b*tching about Stevie "holding back Fleetwood Mac". Let's not take such an innocuous comment Mick said about "persuading Stevie to take part in recording a new album" as her "not being on board". These cats really don't hang out with each other on a regular basis anymore, except to go on tour, promote themselves on interviews and talk shows, make business decisions and record albums. All 5 of these band members have their own "entourages" and "posse" when they tour. It's been like this since Tusk. It is highly possible that Mick and the band really haven't had the opportunity to discuss a new album project with her because this tour is the main focus at the moment.

I'm sure that Stevie is well aware that Lindsey and Chris have been writing new material...and I'm sure, whenever asked, that Stevie will totally be on board with recording a new Fleetwood Mac record.
Old 10-13-2014, 11:04 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by secondhandchain View Post
This according to Mick at a meet and greet. So Stevie only wanted Christine back to tour? She hates Lindsey that much? Well count me as someone seriously disappointed in her.
This is frustrating. I was so excited to hear new music featuring all five.
Old 10-13-2014, 11:10 AM
Addicted Ledgie

They recorded without Chris.

They certainly "could" record with out Stevie.
Old 10-13-2014, 11:16 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryan4136 View Post

As much as I love Stevie, I agree. Tango is one of my favorite Mac albums and I always see it as more of a Christine/Lindsey album anyway. It would be disappointing if she wasn't involved, but it can be done without her total involvement.
Old 10-13-2014, 11:17 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryan4136 View Post

for sure.

but the timing would be most suspicious and lead to all sorts of rumors about why she's not recording.. I mean she's all excited to have Chris back and they do a big tour and it's a new chapter in the ongoing Mac saga and then…poof! Stevie bails.

How does that not in the press look like she refused to record with Chris? Even if she says no it's about Lindsey, come on, you did an album and umpteen tours with him after Chris left. You cried about missing Chris. Chris comes back and THEN you bail??

I don't see how she gets out of this without it backfiring on her PR-wise. I reallllly think she's holding out in order to get whatever it is that she wants, be that an outside producer or the exact producer she wants or whatever.

I'm willing to bet she's threatening not to record to get her way on something--- like how after SYW she held out the threat that she would not tour more than the original 40 dates (LB needed them to do more dates to make more money to make up for the money he would lose on the album from putting on more songs). She had whatever issues with the songs/running order/length of the album and said if you do things your way then I won't tour. They capitulated and she stayed on tour.

That's why I'd love to hear exactly what Mick said, how he phrased his comments.
Old 10-13-2014, 07:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
for sure.

but the timing would be most suspicious and lead to all sorts of rumors about why she's not recording.. I mean she's all excited to have Chris back and they do a big tour and it's a new chapter in the ongoing Mac saga and then…poof! Stevie bails.

How does that not in the press look like she refused to record with Chris? Even if she says no it's about Lindsey, come on, you did an album and umpteen tours with him after Chris left. You cried about missing Chris. Chris comes back and THEN you bail??

I don't see how she gets out of this without it backfiring on her PR-wise. I reallllly think she's holding out in order to get whatever it is that she wants, be that an outside producer or the exact producer she wants or whatever.

I'm willing to bet she's threatening not to record to get her way on something--- like how after SYW she held out the threat that she would not tour more than the original 40 dates (LB needed them to do more dates to make more money to make up for the money he would lose on the album from putting on more songs). She had whatever issues with the songs/running order/length of the album and said if you do things your way then I won't tour. They capitulated and she stayed on tour.

That's why I'd love to hear exactly what Mick said, how he phrased his comments.
Let's remember that in 2012 Mick was saying that he thought Fleetwood Mac would never, ever tour again. Then Stevie rushed out to Loose Women in June or July 2012 to reveal that the band would be touring again, 6 months before they officially announced the dates.

Mick should do an interview with Rolling Stone and say that Stevie Nicks is preventing them from releasing new material. Putting public pressure on her seems to work.
Old 10-13-2014, 07:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by secret love View Post
Let's remember that in 2012 Mick was saying that he thought Fleetwood Mac would never, ever tour again. Then Stevie rushed out to Loose Women in June or July 2012 to reveal that the band would be touring again, 6 months before they officially announced the dates.

Mick should do an interview with Rolling Stone and say that Stevie Nicks is preventing them from releasing new material. Putting public pressure on her seems to work.
Stevie's not preventing them from doing anything. They are more than welcome to put out a record without her.
Old 10-13-2014, 07:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by secret love View Post

Mick might want to be careful with what he says because if it backfires he could end up with considerably less than what he started with.