Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 03-10-2015, 06:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Lindsey Buckingham “has a great chunk of wonderful songs, [most of which are] pretty flushed out and finished,”
Ha ha ha ha ha ha. Flushed out! Most likely that is just a mistake by a writer who doesn't know "flush" from "flesh," but wouldn't it be funny if it is really a subtle comment on the whole situation? Maybe Stevie won't be happy until Lindsey's contributions are flushed out of this proposed new album altogether!
Old 03-10-2015, 08:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by soul_drifter333 View Post
More like Michael Bolton or Wayne Newton & Stevie Nicks. It's all downhill from here folks!

Not for me.I enjoy easy listening music.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
She doesn't have the talent to carry out her own vision. She needs someone else to do it. Christine and Lindsey can both write, play, arrange and produce.

So her only power is to have a solo career and hire someone to make up for her lack of ability. If you think about it, why would she stay in a position where she has to share the limelight. Answer: a tour worth multi-millions of dollars. She doesn't get that with a FM album.

So my theory is she will go back to where she has her own power and decision making. Tonight Live Nation presents... Rod Stewart & Stevie Nicks.
No. Not again.I love Rod but not touring with Stevie.

Stevie fan forever and ever amen.......
the Wildheart at Edge of Seventeen and the Gypsy.....

My sweet Buttons .I love you. RIP 2009 to 08/24/2016
Old 03-10-2015, 08:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Side note here .I just heard on the radio that Robin Thicke Pharrell Williams lost the case with the late legend Marvin Gaye's family on Blurred Lines.

http://www.sfchronicle.com/business/...ng-6125769.php

I was thinking of Stevie and FM getting ripped off by others.

OK back on topic .

Old 03-10-2015, 09:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Back on topic you say?

Okay: I'm so depressed that the new FM album, if it ever does appear, will not surface at least until 2017.

I'm so sick of these people. Sick of them. Sick. Sick. Sick.

I wish right now the other four would just release what they have on iTunes and commit to working on a new album of other songs later. I don't even care if Stevie's involved anymore. I just want new music. New music. New effing music.

Last edited by aleuzzi; 03-10-2015 at 09:37 PM..
Old 03-10-2015, 10:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleuzzi View Post
Back on topic you say?

Okay: I'm so depressed that the new FM album, if it ever does appear, will not surface at least until 2017.

I wish right now the other four would just release what they have on iTunes and commit to working on a new album of other songs later. I don't even care if Stevie's involved anymore. I just want new music. New music. New effing music.
It's about the music... not the selfies.. not the demos... not the money...
MUSIC please....
Old 03-10-2015, 10:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
It's about the music... not the selfies.. not the demos... not the money...
MUSIC please....
Amen, brother. Amen.
Old 03-10-2015, 10:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Back on topic you say?

The next album is destined to be a great posthumous success.

Quote:
(pats Tony on the shoulder)
Think of it like an extra-long Jerry Lewis movie.

moviekinks.blogspot.com
Old 03-10-2015, 11:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 03-10-2015, 11:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie

The news is getting out on Google.

I noticed they used the words "may take a couple of years"..
Attached Images
File Type: jpg MWSnap0762 2015-03-11, 00_24_549.jpg (75.6 KB, 15 views)

Old 03-10-2015, 11:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Back on topic you say?

It will be worth the wait to present the songs in the more solid context of a complete comprehensive album that lives beyond the digital world.

However, the long meantime, it would be nice if they could threw us a bone or two, and preview some early versions of a few songs that will be featured on their album in a more refined form.
Old 03-11-2015, 12:27 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default curious

I wonder, if after the success of The Dance, Christine's departure, and the subsequent re-signing with WB , if Stevie n Lindsey didn't insist on "owning" a piece of the band. Mick n John were in no position to play hardball. maybe they CAN'T release a new "Fleetwood Mac" record without Stevie or Lindsey BOTH being on board... just a thought.
Old 03-11-2015, 08:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
HHAHAHAHAHA.... He's been sick of her a long time.

Last edited by jbrownsjr; 03-11-2015 at 08:24 AM..
Old 03-11-2015, 11:22 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Someone asked this question in the meet and greet. The answer was yes. They were going to do a new album. Mick stated that Christine and Lindsey had a lot of new material to contribute. He didn't mention Stevie material. He didn't come right out and say that Stevie is the wrench in plans, but he stated that Stevie had things "going on" that would affect how fast they could start or how long it would take to complete the album.

Stevie has always been committed to Fleetwood Mac. I wonder why she would put "something" ahead of the band.

~~Don't compromise yourself. You're all you've got.~~ Janis Joplin
Old 03-11-2015, 03:27 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by golddustwoman77 View Post
Someone asked this question in the meet and greet. The answer was yes. They were going to do a new album. Mick stated that Christine and Lindsey had a lot of new material to contribute. He didn't mention Stevie material. He didn't come right out and say that Stevie is the wrench in plans, but he stated that Stevie had things "going on" that would affect how fast they could start or how long it would take to complete the album.

Stevie has always been committed to Fleetwood Mac. I wonder why she would put "something" ahead of the band.
I translate this to Stevie wanting to write new material after the tour, put it to demo form, see if she can synch up with Dave Stewart's schedule to produce her tracks within FM, then bring all of that to the band. With Christine back in the fold I sense now more than ever that Stevie will want to bring her A game for this album. She will want to contribute new, not recycled material. And she'll want that material to be presented in a way which is flattering to her, hence my speculation she'll want to make sure Dave is available when the time comes.

Not just that, I still think Stevie will want to do some sort of promotion for her 24k Gold album after the FM tour wraps. I still suspect that'll be a hand picked collection of theatre dates in select markets. If she did that, and performed mostly 24k material, she could get the best critical reviews of her career, IMO. When she went screening her In Your Dreams documentary in theatres and did the small shows for the Sound City promotion, she was having the time of her life. I can totally see her wanting to do something boutique like that for 24k, especially with the clock ticking on this whole FM album.

Whatever the case, Stevie will want some space from FM after this 2 year tour wraps. I think once she has her ducks in a row she will rejoin FM for this album. One can never be terribly sure of anything involving this band; but I really, really don't think Stevie will pass up the chance to record one last album with the Rumours 5.
Old 03-11-2015, 03:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by louielouie2000 View Post
I translate this to Stevie wanting to write new material after the tour, put it to demo form, see if she can synch up with Dave Stewart's schedule to produce her tracks within FM, then bring all of that to the band. With Christine back in the fold I sense now more than ever that Stevie will want to bring her A game for this album. She will want to contribute new, not recycled material. And she'll want that material to be presented in a way which is flattering to her, hence my speculation she'll want to make sure Dave is available when the time comes.

Not just that, I still think Stevie will want to do some sort of promotion for her 24k Gold album after the FM tour wraps. I still suspect that'll be a hand picked collection of theatre dates in select markets. If she did that, and performed mostly 24k material, she could get the best critical reviews of her career, IMO. When she went screening her In Your Dreams documentary in theatres and did the small shows for the Sound City promotion, she was having the time of her life. I can totally see her wanting to do something boutique like that for 24k, especially with the clock ticking on this whole FM album.

Whatever the case, Stevie will want some space from FM after this 2 year tour wraps. I think once she has her ducks in a row she will rejoin FM for this album. One can never be terribly sure of anything involving this band; but I really, really don't think Stevie will pass up the chance to record one last album with the Rumours 5.
I agree. She won't pass up the opportunity to record with the Rumours 5, but I am just surprised she isn't working with them first. Instead of putting her work on the back burner, she is putting that first and putting the Mac on the back burner. That was a surprise to me.

~~Don't compromise yourself. You're all you've got.~~ Janis Joplin