User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 04-30-2017, 02:10 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BombaySapphire3 View Post
I agree about Without You it is unlistenable .Feel About You is just a tuneless lyrically lame dud of a song and nothing could have salvaged it. If it is the second best song on the album then I 'll take the album she left town to make 24KG anyday.
It's quite obvious no matter what the songs were some of you from the Stevie Chiffon board would come over to bash them and say that Stevie dodged a bullet. Wrong. 24k is BLAND and BORING. I am so excited for this new album.
Old 04-30-2017, 07:40 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by secondhandchain View Post
It's quite obvious no matter what the songs were some of you from the Stevie Chiffon board would come over to bash them and say that Stevie dodged a bullet. Wrong. 24k is BLAND and BORING. I am so excited for this new album.
B.S. if the the songs were decent I have no problem admitting it.I have said repeatedly that In My World is a good song ,certainly not great but worth listening to .Feel About You is however not a good song and does not compare well at all with Christine's past gems ,even going back to before Lindsey and Stevie showed up. Listen to Spare Me a Little and Remember Me and then Feel About You .Christine was always the most consistent of the 3 of them but if this is an example of where she is now I fear that she has lost it.

Old 04-30-2017, 09:47 AM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by secondhandchain View Post
Dude, chill. We're all fans of the same band here. Re-read the way you're typing, because my reading of it is:
"some of you came to our side of the board".

It's divisive and it's an example why some think this whole board is toxic. It's not "those Chiffon-heads" versus "the rest of us". You'd think we were some really geeky cliques in high school.

You can certainly disagree with someone's opinion but to just write it off as them disliking the song to defend their favorite member? Sorry but I think everyone wants these songs to turn out well, and if someone disliked it they just disliked it.

And you know what... that's cool! I'm not big on "Feel About You" or "In My World" for a couple reasons, but I'm honestly jealous of anyone who is and I'm sure I'm not the only one who feels that way. It shouldn't enrage you that somebody likes or dislikes a song

P.S. Not meaning to call you out too hard here, this is just an issue that I've noticed a lot around here lately and it's not conducive to discussion.
Old 04-30-2017, 10:21 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Netter75 View Post
And you know what... that's cool! I'm not big on "Feel About You" or "In My World" for a couple reasons, but I'm honestly jealous of anyone who is and I'm sure I'm not the only one who feels that way. It shouldn't enrage you that somebody likes or dislikes a song .
and i don't think it does! i don't really like those 2 songs, but i don't go around saying Christine has lost her knack and she should not even try to release new music anymore! it's these kinds of ridicoulos conclusions that people are reacting to.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 04-30-2017, 10:40 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
B.S. if the the songs were decent I have no problem admitting it.I have said repeatedly that In My World is a good song ,certainly not great but worth listening to .Feel About You is however not a good song and does not compare well at all with Christine's past gems ,even going back to before Lindsey and Stevie showed up. Listen to Spare Me a Little and Remember Me and then Feel About You .Christine was always the most consistent of the 3 of them but if this is an example of where she is now I fear that she has lost it.
Maybe, but at least she's trying, and as a FM fan I'll be forever grateful for that.
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Lindsey Buckingham, May 11, 2018.
Old 04-30-2017, 11:16 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Odd. I don't have any such fears. "Feel About You" is pretty darn representative of her poppier catalogue. And in terms of song structure--verse, chorus, hook, it's all veery consistent with the songs you mentioned. I feel about this song as I felt when I first heard "Everywhere" back in 1986: "Oh, pure pop." It doesn't reach the level of YMLF or SYLM, both of which, to my way of thinking, signal the apotheosis of her fusion of pop and blues, but "Feel About You" is no better or worse than her lighter and enjoyable tunes.
Old 04-30-2017, 11:18 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
and i don't think it does! i don't really like those 2 songs, but i don't go around saying Christine has lost her knack and she should not even try to release new music anymore! it's these kinds of ridicoulos conclusions that people are reacting to.
Amen to that. I wasn't wild about "Come" or "Silver Girl" when I heard them, or any of the songs on the EP, but I never thought "oh, they're losing it." That's just, as the kids say, ridunculous.
Old 04-30-2017, 03:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Netter75 View Post
Dude, chill. We're all fans of the same band here. Re-read the way you're typing, because my reading of it is:
"some of you came to our side of the board".

It's divisive and it's an example why some think this whole board is toxic. It's not "those Chiffon-heads" versus "the rest of us". You'd think we were some really geeky cliques in high school.

You can certainly disagree with someone's opinion but to just write it off as them disliking the song to defend their favorite member? Sorry but I think everyone wants these songs to turn out well, and if someone disliked it they just disliked it.

And you know what... that's cool! I'm not big on "Feel About You" or "In My World" for a couple reasons, but I'm honestly jealous of anyone who is and I'm sure I'm not the only one who feels that way. It shouldn't enrage you that somebody likes or dislikes a song

P.S. Not meaning to call you out too hard here, this is just an issue that I've noticed a lot around here lately and it's not conducive to discussion.
There is very much a divide on this board. Some people, and we know who they are, think Lindsey and Christine are infallible and above criticism, so when someone says they don't like their new song, it must be because they really only like Stevie and must hate Christine or Lindsey. It couldn't be that... the new songs aren't that good! No way.

For the record, neither song I've heard from the new album caught my interest, nor most of the American public, for that matter. But guess what- I didn't like 24 Karat Gold at all, either. The Buck/McVie album will fade away, just like the FM EP and 24 Karat Gold. The only difference is, Stevie will play bigger venues.
Old 04-30-2017, 03:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwboy View Post
The only difference is, Stevie will play bigger venues.
...and she sh!ts miracles.
You don't seem keen to want to do anything that will build bridges across a perceived divide. All you seem to want to do is inflame opinions.

'Where words fail, music speaks'
Mick Fleetwood
Old 04-30-2017, 03:42 PM
Addicted Ledgie

hmmmm..... well then I don't belong in either of those supposed camps, because I think all 5 members of this band are totally fallible, to the point that very often they are all their own worst enemies.

What I love is the way their individual foibles and fallibilities come together to create an incomparable BAND that transcends all of their perverseness.

Pointing out their individual quirks and eccentricities and faults is in no way disloyal, disrespectful, or somehow the mark of a 'less-than-true' fan. Anyone who thinks that needs to look at their own insecurities and hang-ups to figure out why on earth they could possibly feel "threatened" because someone else doesn't blindly love a performer the way they do.

It's only rock and roll folks.
Old 04-30-2017, 04:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuzzyPlum View Post
You don't seem keen to want to do anything that will build bridges across a perceived divide. All you seem to want to do is inflame opinions.
haha right? people who cry foul and divide the most seem to be the main ones who keep digging it in the first place.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
Pointing out their individual quirks and eccentricities and faults is in no way disloyal, disrespectful, or somehow the mark of a 'less-than-true' fan. Anyone who thinks that needs to look at their own insecurities and hang-ups to figure out why on earth they could possibly feel "threatened" because someone else doesn't blindly love a performer the way they do.

have i told lately that i love you?

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 04-30-2017, 04:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwboy View Post
There is very much a divide on this board. Some people, and we know who they are, think Lindsey and Christine are infallible and above criticism, so when someone says they don't like their new song, it must be because they really only like Stevie and must hate Christine or Lindsey. It couldn't be that... the new songs aren't that good! No way.

For the record, neither song I've heard from the new album caught my interest, nor most of the American public, for that matter. But guess what- I didn't like 24 Karat Gold at all, either. The Buck/McVie album will fade away, just like the FM EP and 24 Karat Gold. The only difference is, Stevie will play bigger venues.
This is all very true imo but why is the fact that Stevie plays bigger venues solo always trotted out like it makes her so much better? She's always gotten more attention, for a lot of reasons, a lot having to do with her 'lead singer' status and especially with her image. I'd never undermine her talent but anyone who acts like she doesn't owe a great deal of her popularity just to her image/visual aspect is delusional. It doesn't make her any better or worse than Lindsey or Christine.

I'm probably getting off topic here but a lot has been said about people's jealousies, especially Lindsey's, of Stevie's commercial popularity. Jealousy is normal imo and to be expected but I think a lot of it has to do with the fact that some people probably just don't think Stevie is all that talented. It's not like she's Joni Mitchell or has the voice of Linda Ronstadt. Stevie can't play an instrument, a lot of her demos sound very similar because she knows like 3 chords, she can't really produce a song on her own etc. And like everyone else, she has a lot of great songs but also a lot of duds. And her lyrics can get a bit silly to some people. It probably bugs people that someone who technically isn't the most talented musician managed to get so much popularity, a lot from putting on a chiffon dress and twirling around and talking about the moon.
Old 04-30-2017, 05:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuzzyPlum View Post
Ah ah ah ah... don't forget the backhanded compliments he throws in, every once in a while...
Old 04-30-2017, 05:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
hmmmm..... well then I don't belong in either of those supposed camps, because I think all 5 members of this band are totally fallible, to the point that very often they are all their own worst enemies.

What I love is the way their individual foibles and fallibilities come together to create an incomparable BAND that transcends all of their perverseness.

I always love my bombayshaffire with a lower case b, serve in an up glass... lol
Old 04-30-2017, 05:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamsunwind View Post
This is all very true imo but why is the fact that Stevie plays bigger venues solo always trotted out like it makes her so much better? She's always gotten more attention, for a lot of reasons, a lot having to do with her 'lead singer' status and especially with her image. I'd never undermine her talent but anyone who acts like she doesn't owe a great deal of her popularity just to her image/visual aspect is delusional. It doesn't make her any better or worse than Lindsey or Christine.

I'm probably getting off topic here but a lot has been said about people's jealousies, especially Lindsey's, of Stevie's commercial popularity. Jealousy is normal imo and to be expected but I think a lot of it has to do with the fact that some people probably just don't think Stevie is all that talented. It's not like she's Joni Mitchell or has the voice of Linda Ronstadt. Stevie can't play an instrument, a lot of her demos sound very similar because she knows like 3 chords, she can't really produce a song on her own etc. And like everyone else, she has a lot of great songs but also a lot of duds. And her lyrics can get a bit silly to some people. It probably bugs people that someone who technically isn't the most talented musician managed to get so much popularity, a lot from putting on a chiffon dress and twirling around and talking about the moon.
This honestly might be my favorite post of 2017! Bravo!

At the end of the day, it takes an enormous amount of energy to get where Stevie has gotten. So no matter how she did it, she still did it. I won't take that away from her.

All 5 of these people caused the catapult that has happened to all of their lives. Stevie Nicks was a stunningly beautiful artist in her prime. Her beauty and style were magnetic. And what was great was, back then, she didn't try to be herself. She JUST WAS. She didn't bloviate about how's she is a legend. She just was.. It was really quite something to see.

Last edited by jbrownsjr; 04-30-2017 at 05:45 PM..