Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Lindsey Buckingham
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 01-20-2024, 10:21 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Lindsey on Conans podcast

Lindsey just did an interview on Sirus XM. Conan O'Brian podcast. I guess he is a big fan and listens all the time. I heard a snippet on Twitter that someone posted about his leaving the band. Nothing specific but he is still open to forgiving Stevie. Chump. And he is most upset about the Legacy of the band being hurt by the firing.

I have changed, but you remain ageless
Old 01-20-2024, 11:47 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepless child View Post
Lindsey just did an interview on Sirus XM. Conan O'Brian podcast. I guess he is a big fan and listens all the time. I heard a snippet on Twitter that someone posted about his leaving the band. Nothing specific but he is still open to forgiving Stevie. Chump. And he is most upset about the Legacy of the band being hurt by the firing.
He is a chump, and it makes him look incredibly pathetic.

Yes, the stupid old goat FIRED YOU, and it's OVER. Accept it.
Old 01-20-2024, 01:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie

In the part I heard he doesn't even mention that it was her, and Conan asks, if you met Stevie in a coffee shop would you be open to talking and he says Yes! So Conan, I mean really everyone knows it was Stevie who did the firing.

Old 01-21-2024, 02:47 AM
Senior Ledgie

I thought it was kind of funny — Conan was like if you ran into Stevie at Peet’s Coffee because that’s where she goes, and Lindsey laughed and said something like “yeah right” like the idea of Stevie being in a normal coffee shop was unfathomable. Probably an indication of how removed she is from normal life — having a family probably kept him from being that isolated.

It seems like Lindsey and Conan know each other a bit socially and might live near each other from the bits and pieces of the conversation about Conan being welcome to go to Lindsey’s to jam.

I’m coming around on being less disappointed that he is open to forgiving Stevie.. I suppose given how destructive and cruel they have all been to each other as well as other people who have been in their lives, the ability to forgive is not a terrible thing. Though I personally have no interest in seeing any reunion of any kind.

I do wish he could find a way to talk about Stevie and Christine without being so condescending. Like he couldn’t help pointing out how much he helped Christine with her songs or the fact that Stevie isn’t a “musician” — she may not be an instrumentalist but she clearly is someone who makes and performs music. I’m a fan of Lindsey and value his role in working with the other songwriters but man is he incapable of toning it down and not being condescending.
Old 01-21-2024, 08:44 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by anusha View Post
I do wish he could find a way to talk about Stevie and Christine without being so condescending. Like he couldn’t help pointing out how much he helped Christine with her songs or the fact that Stevie isn’t a “musician” — she may not be an instrumentalist but she clearly is someone who makes and performs music. I’m a fan of Lindsey and value his role in working with the other songwriters but man is he incapable of toning it down and not being condescending.
He did say something about Stevie like she isn't a musician per se. He said she's a talented songwriter.

He did complement Christine as a musician but I see what you mean. I still didn't think his comments weren't as arrogant as his comments before Christine had passed away.

What I couldn't stand hearing is that he said he'll be in LA all year working on his album... seriously! What did he do last year!!!

Last edited by UnwindedDreams; 01-22-2024 at 06:46 AM.. Reason: I am very sorry for my typing/spelling mistake.
Old 01-21-2024, 09:23 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I listened last night and thought he must have a cold or something. His voice sounded frail and he was sniffing alot. I thought his comment about how the band needed his production help or something along those lines when he and Stevie first joined was a bit arrogant. I think they both needed each other pretty bad but FM had made many albums before Lindsey joined.

Old 01-21-2024, 08:16 PM
Supporting Ledgie

Smile

Anyone have a link to share? (I can't seem to find it online anywhere...)
Old 01-22-2024, 02:02 AM
Addicted Ledgie

You know, if ever there was a time for reconciliation, shouldn't it have been for Christine's funeral? Have these people no class?
This was pointed out to me by a friend and former(bant) Ledgie. And he's right.
Old 01-22-2024, 10:04 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I think Lindsey was watching what he said. He probably received some sort of threatening letter from Irving after that last round of comments that were made.

Lindsey did spend a ton of time working on Christine's songs, especially for Tango. The majority of the time working on that album was spent on his and Christine's songs. I've always thought he rightfully deserved the title of "The Architect of Fleetwood Mac" that is often given to him. It's pretty clear that the only sense of musical direction the rest of them had for any given project was purely "success" without any vision/point of view of what that means. If you took the songs from Tusk and undid all of the unique things that Lindsey added to the production - I think it would have been an incredibly boring album.

Christine was a master at writing the perfect pop tune, all on her own without any help from a writing perspective, that's for sure. I think Lindsey had a greater sense of vision for projects as a whole that the rest of the band never really had.
Old 01-22-2024, 10:20 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigAl84 View Post
I think Lindsey was watching what he said. He probably received some sort of threatening letter from Irving after that last round of comments that were made.

Lindsey did spend a ton of time working on Christine's songs, especially for Tango. The majority of the time working on that album was spent on his and Christine's songs. I've always thought he rightfully deserved the title of "The Architect of Fleetwood Mac" that is often given to him. It's pretty clear that the only sense of musical direction the rest of them had for any given project was purely "success" without any vision/point of view of what that means. If you took the songs from Tusk and undid all of the unique things that Lindsey added to the production - I think it would have been an incredibly boring album.

Christine was a master at writing the perfect pop tune, all on her own without any help from a writing perspective, that's for sure. I think Lindsey had a greater sense of vision for projects as a whole that the rest of the band never really had.
Lindsey is absolutely to blame for their mega success. His vision and craft IS what made them so radio friendly. They'd be mostly forgotten by now, if it weren't for him.
Old 01-22-2024, 10:29 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Stevie and Mick are really effing lucky, really exceptionally lucky. Lindsey and Christine dragged Tango over the finish line while those two were by all accounts, completely out to lunch. Then they got lucky again because it was a commercial success. Had Tango not happened, it would have changed the trajectory of everything moving forward. I don't know what kind of "comeback" they ever would have had if the last thing they did together was in 1982. Stevie openly admitted for years that '88-'94 were completely lost in terms of writing material and quite frankly the last period of time she was writing substantial new material was probably 2001/2002.

Last edited by BigAl84; 01-22-2024 at 10:33 AM..
Old 01-23-2024, 07:29 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
You know, if ever there was a time for reconciliation, shouldn't it have been for Christine's funeral? Have these people no class?
This was pointed out to me by a friend and former(bant) Ledgie. And he's right.
Stevie’s empire of Sheryl Louis, Irving Azoff, Karen Johnston, Mary Torrey, Jamie Young, Marty Hom, and Sharon Celani likely didn’t permit Lindsey to get anywhere near her at the Celebration of Life event. It’s just likely.
Old 01-23-2024, 07:58 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnwindedDreams View Post
Stevie’s empire of Sheryl Louis, Irving Azoff, Karen Johnston, Mary Torrey, Jamie Young, Marty Hom, and Sharon Celani likely didn’t permit Lindsey to get anywhere near her at the Celebration of Life event. It’s just likely.
How do you suppose that? Did Lindsey want to get near Stevie? Were all those people at Christine funeral?
Old 01-23-2024, 09:19 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Dennis Dunstun said in the podcast he did that Stevie and Lindsey hugged and said a few words at Chris's memorial

Old 01-23-2024, 12:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villavic View Post
How do you suppose that? Did Lindsey want to get near Stevie? Were all those people at Christine funeral?
There’s a photo of Stevie leaving the Celebration of Life with Mary, Sharon, and Karen. Stevie fans know Stevie always has her crew with her. I have no doubt Sheryl was there too since Sheryl knew Christine. The only reason Lindsey wouldn’t have wanted to go near Stevie is because he would have felt she wouldn’t have wanted to talk to him and it wouldn’t have been right to approach her.
Stevie said in a 2020 interview that she doesn’t want to talk with Lindsey and that’s fine. She said if it’s meant to, they will. In her stage shows now, she basically blames him for her not voting until she was 71 because somehow he’d be mad with her if she took time to vote or serve jury duty. I think she’s done with him. And the 2021 RollingStone comments from Irving in support of Stevie I think highlight it.

Do I wish they made peace in honor of Christine? Yes I do.