The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 12-23-2014, 11:07 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I like to think that this clip from You Tube was just 2 men, who tend to be a bit socially awkward at times, giving and receiving an award. Neither are actors or public speakers (although one is a public performer-singer), so neither were really in their comfort zones.
Old 12-23-2014, 01:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovethemac1 View Post
I like to think that this clip from You Tube was just 2 men, who tend to be a bit socially awkward at times, giving and receiving an award. Neither are actors or public speakers (although one is a public performer-singer), so neither were really in their comfort zones.
I just don't think this applies to Lindsey at all. He's been a public speaker for 4 decades. He's been talking to the media and appearing on tv for years. He gives speeches onstage all the time. I don't think he's uncomfortable speaking about himself or in front of a crowd at this point in time at all. He's used to being the center of attention in a room and having people pay close attention to what he says though he can maybe seem hesitant when really he's just searching for the right word (for example, to not piss off other band members or something).

Ken is clearly uncomfortable in front of a crowd, and on top of that, he has a sort of hesitant, odd speech style in general (watching him on say the making of Rumours video) that makes him sound awkwardly nervous even when he might not be.
Old 12-23-2014, 03:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovethemac1 View Post
For me, Ken comes across as a bit lazy here. If a person isn't a natural public speaker that's fine- but if you are asked to present an award to somebody then that's a great honor and you'd put a bit of effort in (proper preparation and practice prevents a pi$$ poor performance). In this case it looks as if he came up with his speech in five minutes in the car on the way to the event. I loved Making Rumours (my favorite FM-related book) and I know that if he'd really thought about it he could have delivered a great speech with some great anecdotes. Mentioning Colbie was totally misplaced and came across as a bit odd.

Lindsey is just typical Lindsey- no more, no less.
Old 12-24-2014, 02:47 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
I just don't think this applies to Lindsey at all. He's been a public speaker for 4 decades. He's been talking to the media and appearing on tv for years. He gives speeches onstage all the time. I don't think he's uncomfortable speaking about himself or in front of a crowd at this point in time at all. He's used to being the center of attention in a room and having people pay close attention to what he says though he can maybe seem hesitant when really he's just searching for the right word (for example, to not piss off other band members or something).

Ken is clearly uncomfortable in front of a crowd, and on top of that, he has a sort of hesitant, odd speech style in general (watching him on say the making of Rumours video) that makes him sound awkwardly nervous even when he might not be.
It's true he has been speaking publically for a long time now but he usually has his guitar to hide behind with the exception of radio interviews - but although millions of people were listening,he didn't have a million eyes staring at him to deal with(without his guitar).In "The Dance" video,he is very jerky and fidgetty and basically a nervous wreck when he is talking(lots of cameras,VIP's,and no guitar).Just my personal observation...
Old 01-09-2015, 04:24 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Richard posted this about an hour ago. WTF is he trying to say? He starts off implying that he has been asked to produce the band again, and then says, I couldn't do it because of my health and I can't travel and the band won't come record in Vegas so it'll never happen.

"Anonymous: If asked, would you produce the new Fleetwood Mac album?

After being asked that question more than any other, I reckon I had better give you some sort of answer. I will not discuss any private communication with the band I have had in the past on this subject, but I will say this. A reunion between Lindsey, Stevie and myself can only be a good thing for the rest of the band and I would not stand in the way of that happening. However, because of my health these days, I’m afraid they would need to come here to record and the chances of that are slim to none. I would first want to spend a few days with Lindsey, re-syncing our production chops together in isolation for doing maybe two or three tracks. After that adding Christine and Stevie, then the rhythm section, apart from outside influence for a while, would be magical. I’d put my ass on the line just one more time for that one, or perhaps a Buckingham Nicks reunion. Now that would be really cool."
Old 01-09-2015, 01:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I think he really misses being part of the machine, and would give anything to return.

Has he ever said what his health issues are? He looks really frail.
Old 01-09-2015, 02:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
I think he really misses being part of the machine, and would give anything to return.
For sure. If you have read his blog since the beginning, the man has essentially given his entire adult existence to FM. He turned down many big opportunities over the years to stay loyal to FM.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
Has he ever said what his health issues are? He looks really frail.
He does look frail. He apparently was in a terrible car accident several years back, and is for all intents and purposes handicapped from it. His back injuries mean he can't sit, stand, or even lay for long periods. So travelling or being away from his specialty chair & bed isn't an option from what it sounds like.
Old 01-09-2015, 02:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

yes he looks in really rough shape and appears to be in pain a lot of the time. his past issues with drugs and addiction make him very cautious about taking meds (he's talked about it). this winter he seems to have been down with various illnesses as well.

I am still curious about why he thinks a reunion of him, Lindsey and Stevie "can only be good for the band" though. It's just an odd way of phrasing it, to me. Like the band is in bad shape and us reuniting can only make them better or something. Clearly they are doing fine.
Old 01-09-2015, 03:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by louielouie2000 View Post
For sure. If you have read his blog since the beginning, the man has essentially given his entire adult existence to FM. He turned down many big opportunities over the years to stay loyal to FM.

He does look frail. He apparently was in a terrible car accident several years back, and is for all intents and purposes handicapped from it. His back injuries mean he can't sit, stand, or even lay for long periods. So travelling or being away from his specialty chair & bed isn't an option from what it sounds like.
I totally get where he's coming from as far as not being able to travel due to his back.I had a back injury in 2006 and after various types of therapy and extensive (6 hr.) back surgery,I am in more pain now then I ever was.I sleep in 2 hr. intervals because even if I'm comfortable when I go to bed,I'll wake up in severe pain and have to take pain meds.Doing anything for more than 2 hrs. is damn near impossible.
Old 01-09-2015, 03:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
yes he looks in really rough shape and appears to be in pain a lot of the time. his past issues with drugs and addiction make him very cautious about taking meds (he's talked about it). this winter he seems to have been down with various illnesses as well.

I am still curious about why he thinks a reunion of him, Lindsey and Stevie "can only be good for the band" though. It's just an odd way of phrasing it, to me. Like the band is in bad shape and us reuniting can only make them better or something. Clearly they are doing fine.
IMO,I think he means that it can only be good for the band b/c of the connection between Fleetwood Mac,Richard,and Rumours.All of these factors equal perfection in the eyes of the public,even though that was then and this is now.It'll create alot of hype,interest and anticipation which in turn could create an increase in record sales.In a nutshell,history repeating itself
Old 01-09-2015, 03:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

Or he could just be saying that it can't be bad and thus can only be good without making a commentary on their current state.
Old 01-22-2015, 09:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Has anyone else gotten their punter pass? Mine came today.

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

Last edited by Montclare; 01-22-2015 at 09:54 PM..
Old 01-24-2015, 12:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I'm sure RD is a wonderful guy and it's nice he's answering questions about the good old days (and sharing his archives which I'm sure he could easily auction off instead putting things out there for the fans). But why is he sticking his nose in FM's current affairs? I don't think it was his place to publicly announce Mick's moms passing (They have media people for that) he could have waited to post his condolences until after it was common knowledge.
Most recently it seems he is trying to bring to the bands (Stevie's) attention some remarks issued by Jimmy Paxon.
Jimmy said that the fans who were being negative towards FM for ending the show early due to Mick being sick were "Shallow and selfish" Sounds like Jimmy is sticking up for the band. So why are RD and the poster trying to turn it into a negative? Why is he even getting involved? Does he know Jimmy or when was the time he even talked to Stevie?
Old 01-24-2015, 03:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueDenimLamp View Post
I'm sure RD is a wonderful guy and it's nice he's answering questions about the good old days (and sharing his archives which I'm sure he could easily auction off instead putting things out there for the fans). But why is he sticking his nose in FM's current affairs? I don't think it was his place to publicly announce Mick's moms passing (They have media people for that) he could have waited to post his condolences until after it was common knowledge.
Most recently it seems he is trying to bring to the bands (Stevie's) attention some remarks issued by Jimmy Paxon.
Jimmy said that the fans who were being negative towards FM for ending the show early due to Mick being sick were "Shallow and selfish" Sounds like Jimmy is sticking up for the band. So why are RD and the poster trying to turn it into a negative? Why is he even getting involved? Does he know Jimmy or when was the time he even talked to Stevie?
Richard Dashut has every right to stick his nose into current band affairs. As do all us fans.
We live in a media/communications age. You have to assume that if news is out there then its going to spread like wildfire anyway. Richard only responded to a message received from one of his punters. If that individual was aware of her passing then its fair to assume its in the public domain. I think Richard has been very sensitive and is obviously saddened himself despite not seeing Biddy for many years.

He's not trying to bring anything to the bands attention. He merely saw fit to post a comment made by one of his followers. To say Richard is trying to turn it into a negative misrepresents what he said in my view.

RD:
'I do not know Jimmy Paxton personally and did not read his Facebook post. However, I will honor your request and post this since I do not censor my followers. (Unless they are just downright rude and hurtful.) I am not defending anyone’s actions on this, but just know, when one of the band members goes down, it can be a very stressful and emotional time. During times of high dynamic stress, we can all say things that are off at times and we may have to use some extra understanding on this, without knowing the exact circumstances Jimmy was under. No excuses, just an observation. Know that I am one of you now and I don’t feel disgraceful or shallow, let alone selfish'

I think Richard is being Richard here. Trying to be quite neutral and not offend anyone. Sounds to me as if he doesn't condone what was said about the fans but is being diplomatic without knowing the exact circumstances of what was said.

I think its quite sad to read some of Richards pining for the old days. He's certainly no douche though! He comes across as a lovely, sensitive soul.

Last edited by FuzzyPlum; 01-24-2015 at 03:28 PM..
Old 01-24-2015, 10:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueDenimLamp View Post
He didn't "announce" it. A fan already knew about it. He got confirmation from the horse's mouth. Mick knows he has a blog. He knows he disseminates FM information to fans. I would assume that he wanted Richard to pass the word on to those inquiring.
Michele