User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 01-25-2015, 12:06 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
He didn't "announce" it. A fan already knew about it. He got confirmation from the horse's mouth.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 01-26-2015, 09:27 AM

Hahahahah^^^^ Love that pic
Old 04-11-2015, 01:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I don't follow Richard avidly but do catch up with things every now and then. I'm aware he's in a lot of pain and goes through periods of inactivity.
I notice he hasn't posted anything for over a week.
Does anyone know whether he's okay? Anyone have personal contact with him?
Old 04-11-2015, 01:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuzzyPlum View Post
I don't follow Richard avidly but do catch up with things every now and then. I'm aware he's in a lot of pain and goes through periods of inactivity.
I notice he hasn't posted anything for over a week.
Does anyone know whether he's okay? Anyone have personal contact with him?
no idea. he used to run his own facebook but now i think Stacy mostly answers any PMs on there. but she can probably tell you whether he's fine, if you contact her on either account, there or on twitter. would be curious to hear what he says after the Vegas show tonight.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 04-11-2015, 02:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie

He had been quiet for over two weeks prior to this. I was wondering if he'll try and make the Vegas show. I'm sure he'll get questions about it.
Old 04-11-2015, 05:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I used to check his site regularly… but he's stopped posting every day, or even every few days for a long time now. In the beginning he showed himself and Stacy with stacks and stacks of photos they were sorting through… then a couple months or so ago, after not having published that many compared to what he seemed to have, he commented about worrying that he would run out of photos to post. Weird. He's also had access to pics from other people around the band-- Mary Torrey, Greg Droman, Ray Lindsey and others.

He also said he was working on getting some of his own reminiscences recorded on videos to edit and post, and that he was getting other people from the band's circle back in the day to record certain stories as well. For someone who is tech savvy (and Stacy certainly seems to be that) the recording and editing isn't hard, it just takes a bit of time, but again, not that much.

So I wonder if it's his health, or he's gotten bored, or he's bitten off more than he can chew, or just what is the case. He's really, really tapered off. It does happen to a lot of bloggers, though
Old 04-11-2015, 07:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Ha. Since he stopped maybe I can catch up.

Michele
Old 04-12-2015, 06:12 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Did Richard attend the Las Vegas show(4/11/2015)?

Anyone have anything to report? He said it was his desire to sit at the control console on his blog.
Old 04-12-2015, 02:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by lbfan View Post
Anyone have anything to report? He said it was his desire to sit at the control console on his blog.
Nothing.
Can't get any info about yesterday's show. If anyone went- was Landslide dedicated to Richard?
Old 04-12-2015, 02:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuzzyPlum View Post
Nothing.
Can't get any info about yesterday's show. If anyone went- was Landslide dedicated to Richard?
Landslide was dedicated to her 7th grade friend who was in audience, and she mentioned her father in a very beautiful way: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JHUivulKSI4

Crystallineknowledge
Dedicated to Stevie.
Old 04-12-2015, 04:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie

interesting, one of Richard's recent posts:

Anonymous: What's the deal with Christine's hand? I ask out of concern and curiosity. And because Songbird is out of the set list. Thanks!

[response from Richard]:I have been hearing a lot about this from other Punters but have no first hand knowledge of the situation. This is probably no accident since the band knows I am blogging now and wish to keep some things private. Certainly as soon as I hear something first hand I will pass it on…….r

does make one wonder what impact this has had on his blogging slow-down. It shouldn't impact the volume of photos/stories he has to share, but folks have been wondering since he began when the request not to share so much might come down from the band. Mick has been cool about it, with Richard openly stating he'd checked with Mick directly to respond to some fan questions.
Old 04-12-2015, 05:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Interesting. He has always made it clear that if they told him they didn't like it he would stop. Of course, he's never been shy about saying some things were too private for him to discuss on the blog. So, if they told him, "Christine will only have use of that hand for 6 more months. Keep it hush hush," I am sure that he would.

Michele
Old 04-12-2015, 05:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
So I wonder if it's his health, or he's gotten bored, or he's bitten off more than he can chew, or just what is the case. He's really, really tapered off. It does happen to a lot of bloggers, though
Perhaps he's also feeling stressed by the demands of some seemingly ungrateful and insensitive bloggers with unrealistic expectations.

I hope he isn't suffering from some health crisis. He has, in a way, written his own book by sharing so much -- his personal reminisces, opinions, philosophy, photos etc... He has been genuine and open, interacting with us in a very intimate way. I admire his tactful way of brushing off questionable or tasteless inquiries with respectful aplomb.
Old 04-12-2015, 05:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
Interesting. He has always made it clear that if they told him they didn't like it he would stop. Of course, he's never been shy about saying some things were too private for him to discuss on the blog. So, if they told him, "Christine will only have use of that hand for 6 more months. Keep it hush hush," I am sure that he would.

Michele
He did make comments about talking with the band about doing some production on the new album. So I could see why preceding, then following his first meeting with them in nearly 2 decades, that he'd keep quiet & play his cards close to his chest. It seems for him to have a hand in the last FM album would mean a great deal to Richard. A whole full circle kind of thing.

That being said, I think he's also just a sensitive guy. Between the intense trips down memory lane with all of these pictures, questions, and posts... I think it kind of wears him out, and he has to take breaks. Plus, he's dealt with some backlash from "spirited" fans, too. Combine that with his health issues and it's easy to see why he is pacing himself with all of this. Especially considering about 15 years ago he reportedly washed his hands of all things FM (according to Ken Caillat- something Richard himself has denied). I think the politics of dealing with the band is not only tricky, but exhausting for someone like Richard. He appears to try to keep his focus on the positive at all times. And sometimes he probably has to just step back and let things settle so he can keep on that trajectory.

Just my two cents, anyway.
Old 04-12-2015, 06:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by louielouie2000 View Post
He did make comments about talking with the band about doing some production on the new album. So I could see why preceding, then following his first meeting with them in nearly 2 decades, that he'd keep quiet & play his cards close to his chest. It seems for him to have a hand in the last FM album would mean a great deal to Richard. A whole full circle kind of thing.

That being said, I think he's also just a sensitive guy. Between the intense trips down memory lane with all of these pictures, questions, and posts... I think it kind of wears him out, and he has to take breaks. Plus, he's dealt with some backlash from "spirited" fans, too. Combine that with his health issues and it's easy to see why he is pacing himself with all of this. Especially considering about 15 years ago he reportedly washed his hands of all things FM (according to Ken Caillat- something Richard himself has denied). I think the politics of dealing with the band is not only tricky, but exhausting for someone like Richard. He appears to try to keep his focus on the positive at all times. And sometimes he probably has to just step back and let things settle so he can keep on that trajectory.

Just my two cents, anyway.
He is a Virgo after all, so naturally he's prone to perfection and I can see him taking a step back if everything is not up to his standards. I feel like he wants to put out more than he can, so he fears retribution if he can't deliver, which I think we can all agree that he has. On the other hand, in order to please everyone, he doesn't want to offend the members of the band for airing their laundry, as it would be, but at the same time he wants to provide as much as he can for us, the loyal punter. I really hope he is at least somewhat involved with the new album... That comment about the full circle made me cry... Everything seems to fall into place eventually, and I hope everyone can do what it takes to accomplish that.