User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 05-13-2015, 01:24 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by starshine View Post
I don't know much about the RRHOF induction --that is what criteria has to be met to get in. Isn't 25 yrs or something? Isn't it voted by musicians etc? Anyway, I didn't mind Bob Welch's songs in FMac and some solo. My only question is (or statement) Without the Bob Welch era of this band would we even be talking about the Fleetwood Mac band the most of us Love?? really than you could go from the beginning of the band. Without one there isn't another really. Not that I am a big listener of there older stuff (really). So maybe he should be inducted just because of this. But there are a lot of artists still out there that never get it and may never will. Anyway, it doesn't really matter to me much but just a thought anyway. No offense but I guess I thought it was worth saying.
Yes, I think its voted on by a few hundred musicians, producers and songwriters. The results of the vote are passed to a committee whose job it is to 'take on board' the results of the vote and select the inductees. That's where it gets a bit murky and controversial because they dont always go along with the results of the vote. It's also the committee's job to select which members are inducted as part of a band. I remember reading an interview with a committee member who said they didn't feel Bob was good enough to be inducted into the R&R HOF (or words to that effect).

As I said, Christine may have been vocal in her views and the committee may have taken on board what she said but I dont think it's ultimately the band's decision.
Old 05-14-2015, 01:24 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

"There’s nothing going on between you and me except that there will always be something going on between you and me. Until the day we die"
Old 05-14-2015, 07:57 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicole21290 View Post

Thank goodness he's alive!!
Ok, so I haven't been able to find the Life Magazine in Canada yet, so was wondering what the comment was about?? What did the tabloid and Ken comment mean?
Old 05-14-2015, 08:07 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicole21290 View Post

Yeah, he surfaces after a month to complain. Yes, the article is crap but after all these years bitter still doesn't look good on Richard. After reading his tweet it confirmed to me something happened in Vegas and it wasn't good. I'd bet the bank he got the cold shoulder from the majority of the band and he is licking his wounds. JMO

She looks like a sweet little lamb from afar, but when you get close, you find out that she skinned and ate the darn thing just to use it as a coat. She's a beast.

Last edited by reebokandlace; 05-14-2015 at 08:10 AM..
Old 05-14-2015, 09:39 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by reebokandlace View Post
Yeah, he surfaces after a month to complain. Yes, the article is crap but after all these years bitter still doesn't look good on Richard. After reading his tweet it confirmed to me something happened in Vegas and it wasn't good. I'd bet the bank he got the cold shoulder from the majority of the band and he is licking his wounds. JMO

How does this tweet confirm anything about Vegas? He only specifically mentions Ken.
Old 05-14-2015, 12:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Question

I can't tell from the wording if Ken called the article "crap" and Richard is disagreeing with him; or if Richard is calling the article crap, and is asking for Ken to agree with him.

Thoughts?
Old 05-14-2015, 01:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Honestly, what does Richard expect from the article? He wasn't in the band, so why would the general reading public have any interest in reading about him?

And I don't mean this to diminish Richard's relationship with the band then, or everything he did do with/for Fleetwood Mac. But he's not mentioned in a magazine article on Fleetwood Mac? So what? Why would he be?

http://www.twitter.com/jtwill84
Old 05-14-2015, 01:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by louielouie2000 View Post
I can't tell from the wording if Ken called the article "crap" and Richard is disagreeing with him; or if Richard is calling the article crap, and is asking for Ken to agree with him.

Thoughts?
I interpreted it as the latter. He wouldn't make the first comment about the article and then criticize somebody else for saying its crap.
...unless the whole post is a quote by Ken taken from somewhere and Richard is saying 'really Ken?' in response.

For my money Richard thinks its crap and he's seeking out support from his producer buddy.
Old 05-14-2015, 01:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

My first reaction was that it sounds as though Richard has some beef with Ken. "Really, Ken??" as in "How could you do/say that, Ken??"

Full disclosure though, I've yet to read the article so I don't know what Richard could be referring to.

http://www.twitter.com/jtwill84
Old 05-14-2015, 04:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh2003 View Post
My first reaction was that it sounds as though Richard has some beef with Ken. "Really, Ken??" as in "How could you do/say that, Ken??"

Full disclosure though, I've yet to read the article so I don't know what Richard could be referring to.
this is what I thought too. I picked up a copy but haven't had a chance to read through it yet.
Old 05-14-2015, 05:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Looks like he's deleted everything off of his blog. Hmmm.
Old 05-14-2015, 06:01 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeVielhaber View Post
How does this tweet confirm anything about Vegas? He only specifically mentions Ken.

Because he surfaces just to throw mud at ken and the article. In otherwords, he didn't surface to say, "hey great show in Vegas".....or anything positive about the experience that he talked about quite a bit in the days and weeks leading up to the event in Vegas. He just disappeared. I stand by my statement the guy has a strong need for attention. I can only assume when he didn't get love from the band he walked away bitter and hurt and just dropped all the fans. Anticlimactic. He surfaced to throw a punch....he will disappear for a while again.

She looks like a sweet little lamb from afar, but when you get close, you find out that she skinned and ate the darn thing just to use it as a coat. She's a beast.

Last edited by reebokandlace; 05-14-2015 at 09:03 PM..
Old 05-14-2015, 06:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by WelshWitchPMD View Post

Oh yeah, he's done. Not surprised.

He rubbed someone the wrong way. I would bet publishing all those photos of Robin did not amuse Stevie. She had always been very protective of Robin and he put a lot out there. If i were her I would be pretty upset at him.

Last edited by reebokandlace; 05-14-2015 at 06:09 PM..
Old 05-14-2015, 06:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by reebokandlace View Post
Oh yeah, he's done. Not surprised.

He rubbed someone the wrong way. I would bet publishing all those photos of Robin did not amuse Stevie. She had always been very protective of Robin and he put a lot out there. If i were her I would be pretty upset at him.

why? there was nothing whatsoever negative or disrespectful to Robin
Old 05-14-2015, 06:24 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by WelshWitchPMD View Post
wow he sure as sh*t has!

Stacy was commenting on her own twitter feed not long ago that she was considering moving. I would think Richard would be at a considerable loss in managing the blog without her, though her technical skills could easily be found elsewhere. (her friendship with him obviously not). So technically her leaving Las Vegas shouldn't shut down the blog.

Maybe he got sick of so many trolls.... he would post some of the negative comments from time to time but I imagine those were just the tip of the iceberg of what he actually received. Social media can be a nasty place to hang out, and I don't think he's got a thick enough skin for that. Guess we'll just have to wait and see if he resurfaces ever or just disappears for good.