Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Stevie Nicks
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 11-19-2016, 09:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Bethlehem Show

She added Gypsy to the set list!!!! It seems it took the place of "Outside The Rain and Dreams".
There's a short clip on my blog here.
Courtesy of Michelle Cohn.

Crystallineknowledge
Dedicated to Stevie.

Last edited by Danielle; 11-19-2016 at 10:34 PM..
Old 11-19-2016, 10:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Did she really kick "Dreams" to the curb?
Old 11-19-2016, 10:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Heart

It seems she did.

I can't wait for videos and pictures of this show. She got another BN album and promised to sign it and she wore the most gorgeous flower crown at the end of Edge of Seventeen.

Crystallineknowledge
Dedicated to Stevie.
Old 11-19-2016, 11:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Good review and picture here: http://www.mcall.com/entertainment/l...119-story.html

One more Gypsy clip and a beautiful picture of the flower crown on my blog.

Crystallineknowledge
Dedicated to Stevie.
Old 11-20-2016, 12:57 AM
Ledgie

Just got home from the Bethlehem show. Gypsy was in fact added, Outside the Raid and Dreams was dropped. She signed a BN album for a fan standing at the front of the stage.

I recorded audio of the show, however the recorder I used is apparently cheap because it sounds awful. A lot of loud bass and clipping. Unless someone is really good at remastering audio on here, I don't know if it's even worth posting.

On a brighter note, this show was AMAZING.
Old 11-20-2016, 01:01 AM
Ledgie

I am going to the Philadelphia show tomorrow night. While driving there, I will try to post a bit of a detailed review of tonight's show.
Old 11-20-2016, 06:42 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ami0425 View Post
Just got home from the Bethlehem show. Gypsy was in fact added, Outside the Raid and Dreams was dropped. She signed a BN album for a fan standing at the front of the stage.

I recorded audio of the show, however the recorder I used is apparently cheap because it sounds awful. A lot of loud bass and clipping. Unless someone is really good at remastering audio on here, I don't know if it's even worth posting.

On a brighter note, this show was AMAZING.
Interesting change. I sensed a change was coming to the set list and I was right. I guess Gypsy is a comparable FM hit to Dreams so it's a fair trade. I would rather she put in another song from 24K gold since Gypsy was played at every FM show on their last tour but it's all good. Ditching Dreams and Landslide in the same show is quite bold nonetheless. Tonight cannot come soon enough!!

I remember it all...you just had to fall...
Old 11-20-2016, 08:20 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Oh wow, so cool and unpredictable.
First time since 1983 she has done Gypsy solo. Boy she just did this song for the endless On with the show tour. Surprised she still wants to do it. But I would take it over Dreams anyday.
Way to go!
Old 11-20-2016, 08:44 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I am shocked!!! She did say she might do this, but I didn't believe it. I hated that she dropped Annabel Lee. But now we got Gypsy and for the first time ever a concert without Dreams. Oh my!!!

I have changed, but you remain ageless
Old 11-20-2016, 09:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danielle View Post
Good review and picture here: http://www.mcall.com/entertainment/l...119-story.html

One more Gypsy clip and a beautiful picture of the flower crown on my blog.
Thanks!

REVIEW: Stevie Nicks at Sands Bethlehem Event Center is older, but still bewitching

Stevie Nicks has always seemed to know more than the rest of us — more about affairs of the heart, more about the meaning of life, more about the future.

You could tell it in the way she told us in the 1982 Fleetwood Mac song “Gypsy” that “Lightning strikes/maybe once/maybe twice,” or in 1975’s “Landslide” that “time makes you bolder/Even children get older/And I'm getting older, too.”

Now Nicks really is getting older — she turned 68 this year — and all those things she sang about 40 years ago (!) seem to have been realized, both by her and her audience.

Nicks may no longer be the bewitching young beauty she once (though she’s still stunning). But her concert Saturday at Sands Bethlehem Event Center showed that those insights that made listeners marvel so long ago still do today.

(Clearly, people still crave them; the concert set the event center’s record for fastest sellout in May, with all 2,550 seats going in 14 minutes).

And her vocals are still stunning — perhaps occasionally singing in a slightly lower register, but strong and resonate, and enuring through the night.

In an 18-song, two-hour show, Nicks played many of those songs that so mesmerized. After opening with the deep cut “Gold and Braid” from early in her solo career, she dived deep into the hits.

“If Anyone Falls” from her 1983 sophomore solo disc immediately showed her vocal strenth.

She sang “Stop Draggin’ My Heart Around,” her 1981 solo debut hit with Tom Petty, with supporting act The Pretenders’ singer Chrissie Hynde.

And five songs into her set, she pulled out “Gypsy,” performing it for the first time on this tour — wailing vocally and drawing a cheer by doing her well-known spin dance.

Nicks, in a black dress on top of which she frequently changed shawls and scarfs, explained that the idea of the tour was to sing songs that “had great stories” attached to them, and she told several during the night.

She explained “New Orleans” from her 2011 album “In Your Dreams” (an underappreciated gem the shows how good her songwriting still is and how well she can still sing) was a reaction to Hurricane Katrina.

She said “Moonlight (A Vampire's Dream),” was a reaction to the “Twilight” movies that spurred her to write that album around it. Weird but lovely, it was a piano-and-voice tour de force on which she leaned forward and whipped her hair as she sang.

Nicks also played several deeper cuts. She tied “Wild Heart,” a pounding and wistful song from her solo disc “Bella Donna” to the title track from her debut solo disc.

But the show’s standout was her hit “Stand Back,” played as a harder-rock number. It had all the urgency it did when she released it 33 years ago, and she again did her spin dance.

She wound down the main set with another hit, “Gold Dust Woman” from Fleetwood Mac’s “Rumors” album — slower and more menacing — then closed the main set with her hit “Edge of Seventeen,” showing pictures of the late Prince on the big screen behind her to acknowledge his inspiring the song.

She returned for an encoure of her breakthrough single with Fleetwood Mac, “Rhiannon,” then her lovely 1981 hit with Don Henley, “Leather and Lace,” after telling a story about dating the singer.

For a show of such generous length, Nicks only sang three songs from her newest album, “2014’s 24 Karat Gold: Songs from the Vault,” even though her current tour is named for the disc.

She sang the disc’s “Starshine” mid-concert. Early on she did “Belle Fleur” and near the end of the show “If You Were My Love” — two songs she originally wrote for “Bella Donna” but left off that disc.

She also did “Crying in the Night” from her pre-Fleetwood Mac “Buckingham Nicks” disc with Lindey Buckingham.

Unfortunately, Nicks skipped the other iconic song mentioned at the start of this review, “Landslide.” She also skipped her biggest hit with Fleetwood Mac, “Dreams,” which she had done on other shows on the tour, as well as her second-biggest solo hit, “Talk to Me.”

Clearly the crowd would have enjoyed hearing both of those. But as she said in her early solo hit “Edge of Seventeen,” with which she closed the main set and she wrote when she was 34, “I'm a few years older than you.”

These days, she really is. And maybe she still knows more than the rest of us.

Supporting act The Pretenders played a 62-minute, 16-song set whose strength was its great catalog from the 1980s.

Songs such as “Don’t Get Me Wrong,” “Message of Love” and a slow “I’ll Stand By You” all still resonated, even though the group has only frontwoman Chrissie Hynde and drummer Martin Chambers from its original lineup.

But its biggest hits were best. “My City Was Gone,” a chronicle of the late 1970s economic failures wrought on Hynde’s native Akron, Ohio, was thumpingly updated to resonate just as loudly today. “Back on the Chain Gang,” a chronicle of emotional wreckage of the heart that similarly still holds true.

“Middle of the Road” was roaring, with Hynde playing harmonica, and the closing “Brass in Pocket” was great fun.

At 65, Hynde still is very much the strong rocker-chick that made her so successful in the first place. The three songs the band played from its new album, “Alone,” released a month ago, were good. The title track, was a Rolling Stones rocker, was best.

http://www.mcall.com/entertainment/l...119-story.html
Old 11-20-2016, 10:28 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
Oh wow, so cool and unpredictable.
First time since 1983 she has done Gypsy solo. Boy she just did this song for the endless On with the show tour. Surprised she still wants to do it. But I would take it over Dreams anyday.
Way to go!
Though no one believes me in the FM community, when I saw her in Philadelphia on the RAL Tour, she performed an extended version of Gypsy and for the last 5 minutes of the song walked along the edge of the stage collecting gifts from the fans and then did it again later in the show for the Edge walk.
Old 11-20-2016, 10:56 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivfox View Post
Though no one believes me in the FM community, when I saw her in Philadelphia on the RAL Tour, she performed an extended version of Gypsy and for the last 5 minutes of the song walked along the edge of the stage collecting gifts from the fans and then did it again later in the show for the Edge walk.
I believe you! That must have been terribly cool to witness. I so wish I could have been there.

I remember it all...you just had to fall...
Old 11-20-2016, 11:00 AM
Senior Ledgie

OMG, SHE DROPPED DREAMS???

Finally.

This just shows that there is always hope.

I'm sooo glad to hear GYPSY return to the solo set. It's been a long wait - since 1986! (and then, only for a brief time).
Old 11-20-2016, 11:08 AM
Addicted Ledgie

No Dreams!? Has this happened at any full length show (solo or with the Mac) since 1977?

I'm shocked!
Old 11-20-2016, 11:10 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivfox View Post
Wow now that must have been off the chain. I would love to hear it in her RAL raspy fried voice