Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 10-19-2003, 04:59 PM
Junior Ledgie

Default New Single - Thrown Down

I saw on Ebay a promo single for Thrown Down from Germany. Not sure if this is the third single there or not?
Old 10-19-2003, 05:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Well, if it's not, then it should be. I have a feeling that towards springtime if not sooner, we'll be hearing the Wall of Sound version of Thrown Down on the radio. I do hope this will be another new song they add to the setlist because it will be FABULOUS on stage
Old 10-19-2003, 05:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Thumbs down Bleugh

Quote:
Originally posted by GardenStateGirlie
I have a feeling that towards springtime if not sooner, we'll be hearing the Wall of Sound version of Thrown Down on the radio.
Please tell me your predictions usually don't eventuate, Marissa!
Old 10-19-2003, 05:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

I think the German promo has been around for a while.
Old 10-19-2003, 05:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Exclamation Joe!!

Bite your tongue man!! The WOS version of TD is GREATNESS!! I'd LOVE to hear that on the radio!! Anything really besides SYW.

Old 10-19-2003, 06:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

EFO is the one they should release. That one rocks the kasbah.

Old 10-19-2003, 08:27 PM
Addicted Ledgie

EFO isn't bad but it hardly sounds like a Fleetwood Mac song and isn't an appropriate representation.

I think Miranda is the best song on the CD, why they haven't put that out as a single is beyond me. I think that would come across over radio a lot better than the mid-tempo relaxing rock of the first 2 singles.
Old 10-19-2003, 08:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Sorry, Christy, I don't care for the WOS version either.
Sorry, Nancy, EFO puts the kabosh in my rocks. Still don't care for it compared to Stevie's other songs.
I agree that Miranda would be a wise choice for radio play. Meaning it won't ever happen.

- Jake
Old 10-19-2003, 10:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie

The WOS version rocks, period. The album version sucks teabags.

EFO sounds like a Mac song to me; it could've fit perfectly on TITN with a few alterations. It reeks of the Mac, IMO. But they'd be to chicken **** to release it.

Miranda has too much noodling but I think it would do okay on the radio.

IF they were smart, they'd release Destiny Rules or What's the World Coming To. IF they were ballsy, they'd release an edited version Come or Smile At You. But they're neither, so it doesn't matter.

Old 10-20-2003, 02:37 AM
Senior Ledgie

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally posted by EricBliss12345
EFO isn't bad but it hardly sounds like a Fleetwood Mac song and isn't an appropriate representation.

I think Miranda is the best song on the CD, why they haven't put that out as a single is beyond me. I think that would come across over radio a lot better than the mid-tempo relaxing rock of the first 2 singles.
It's the best radio song by far. I totally agree. If Miranda had been the first single I think the album would have gotten more attention from a younger audience and non fans. It rocks, it's funky, it's got a great hook, and the guitar is like a trip to outer space. It's the best of LB solo meets the Mac rhythm section head on!
Old 10-20-2003, 07:32 AM
Addicted Ledgie

It certainly would have got more attention from me. It's the only song on Say You Will I listen to.

Everybody Finds Out is just...I don't know there's something about it thats just very un-Fleetwood Mac-y to me. It's catchy enough but it's a corny song...the intro makes me feel like I'm listening to some 2nd rate dance music by one of those 2nd rate diva type singers. Plus some of Stevie's vocals on this one are pretty bad. It just doesn't sound like Fleetwood Mac at ALL to me. It's written by Stevie and 3 other non-Mac members right? There ya go.
Old 10-20-2003, 07:48 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by EricBliss12345
It certainly would have got more attention from me. It's the only song on Say You Will I listen to.

Everybody Finds Out is just...I don't know there's something about it thats just very un-Fleetwood Mac-y to me. It's catchy enough but it's a corny song...the intro makes me feel like I'm listening to some 2nd rate dance music by one of those 2nd rate diva type singers. Plus some of Stevie's vocals on this one are pretty bad. It just doesn't sound like Fleetwood Mac at ALL to me. It's written by Stevie and 3 other non-Mac members right? There ya go.
The lyrics are by Stevie and the music is by Rick Knowles; you're probably thinking about Running Through the Garden. It starts off sounding like a second rate dance song, but then it kicks in and rocks, IMO. Even if it didn't sound like the Mac, most of the album doesn't sound like the Mac either. Like I said earlier, no one should buy SYW and expect it to sound like Rumours or Mirage.

And bad vocals on Stevie's part?!

I think it's one of her *best* vocals ever; she's amazing on it. The last minute and a half of that song shocked me, just like it shocked everyone else. When it first came out back in April, people 'round these parts were amazed at the vocal. Try to get the Center Channel Mixes or wait until I post all the tracks on my page; it has very minimal background music and concentrates only on the vocal. You'll probably change your mind about it.

Old 10-20-2003, 08:14 AM

I don't see any of these songs hitting it big on the radio, not that it even matters to me. When the Dance came out the only songs that got radio play were retreads. The public at large is more interested in hearing the old stuff than the new songs. Meanwhile, the Dave Matthews and Limp Biskits are what kids want today.

New music from Fleetwood Mac has limited appeal. However, I still stand by my prediction that SYW will sell about 2 million. It is sure to get a Grammy nomination or two, which will spur sales.

On a completely unrelated note, Lindsey should wise up and release the Soundstage show as a live album.
Old 10-20-2003, 09:50 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by CarneVaca
On a completely unrelated note, Lindsey should wise up and release the Soundstage show as a live album.
Amen.

Old 10-20-2003, 10:37 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by CarneVaca
I was there and let me tell you, that given the technology of DVD, It would be incredible.

AND - I am sure I on the footage in many scenes and would love to be immortalized dancing wildly!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

save the cheerleader - save the world