User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 09-19-2008, 04:01 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueFaith77 View Post
I don't mean to sound morbid but you know what is strange, and correct me if I'm wrong, but every person who has ever been a member of Fleetwood Mac is still alive?

Well, which one were you counting on to kick the bucket first?

Michele
Old 09-19-2008, 10:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueFaith77 View Post
I don't mean to sound morbid but you know what is strange, and correct me if I'm wrong, but every person who has ever been a member of Fleetwood Mac is still alive?
Nope, you're not wrong and not morbid. (Perhaps I might be charged with being morbid since that's a little of what I read into the song.) They are all still with us-- not all still making music, but they're out there.

What do you think of the song? How do you interpret Time Precious Time?
Old 09-15-2008, 09:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I am not going to like Time Precious Time no matter what, but it might help if he didn't start off with a falsetto that he can no longer handle.

Then, I can't exactly say he's singing with a melody, but whatever faint tune the sung part possesses, it has nothing in common with the guitar which is so overpowering and strummy that I think it's going to make me afraid of Mandarin-tinged music for the rest of my life.

To have this song second on the album is to risk some people not sticking around for the other 8 tracks, I fear. On the other hand, Great Day is such a stark contrast to it, that maybe they will journey on through the remainder hoping the rest will be different as well.

I guess TPT's better live than it is on the record. Still I'm rather scared that Lindsey will keep this song in the setlist for the rest of his life, because he seems to like it a great deal. I'm so afraid.

Other than that, I think the rest of the album is superb. I think I'd rank Treason as #9, but it's beautiful as a closer. The other 8 songs . . . I love them all. I don't even think I could put them in order of preference.

Michele
Old 09-16-2008, 01:53 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Heart

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
I am not going to like Time Precious Time no matter what
oh i love it so
Old 09-16-2008, 07:28 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Ah, Michele. You made me laugh before I've even finished my second cup of coffee.

It's a REALLY weird song, but I like weird, sometimes. I'm not a fan of early-Lindsey-solo-weirdness at all.

Guess what? There was a commercial for the CD this very morning on one of the morning shows (my mother was watching so I don't know which one it was). I was in the other room and heard Lindsey's voice, and ran in just as they said "Available now." And mom informed me that I was not hallucinating (in an auditory way) at 7:20 AM.

Always good to know.

But, I was very pleased that they at least threw one commercial his way.
Old 09-16-2008, 08:48 AM
Senior Ledgie

Ok I was just able to get a good couple of listens.

My Gut Reaction: Lindsey's best solo work yet. Unfortunately though, it's not a perfect album for me. "Time Precious Time" is a terrible fit at track 2, completely takes away from the pace that Great Day set as an opener. Highlights for me are "Love Runs Deeper" (new favorite Lindsey song!), "Underground', and "Great Day". I think I've heard GOS and Right Place to Fade (Twist of fate ) too many times over the last few years to have a new perspective, but to me they sound cheesy at times.

And under 40 minutes is NOT enough Lindsey for me! I really hope he continues to write and puts out more albums like this, big for me!!

"To the left, to the right, up and down, in and out, and around, that's right baby! THAT'S RIGHT BABY! Uh huh uh huh uh huh" - LOL!!!

Last edited by fleetwoodguy79; 09-16-2008 at 08:53 AM.. Reason: Added
Old 09-16-2008, 09:57 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I also posted a poll up on my blog, with star-ratings:

http://heroesarehardtofind.blogspot.com/

Imagine paying $1000 to hear "Don't Dream It's Over" instead of "Go Your Own Way"

Fleetwood Mac helped me through a time of heartbreak. 12 years later, they broke my heart.
Old 09-16-2008, 09:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie

My gut reaction is "My God, Lindsey is on FIRE", He can make his guitar sing.
My favorites so far for the first listen are Great Day, Did you Miss Me, Wait for You, and Bel Air Rain.
Edit: I am so loving "Underground"
The only song I really didn't care for was Time Precious Time, but overall I am so EXCITED about this new CD.
Rock On Lindsey !!!! (I so wish he was coming closer to Washington DC)

Last edited by SandyMac; 09-16-2008 at 09:28 PM..
Old 09-16-2008, 11:04 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SandyMac View Post
My gut reaction is "My God, Lindsey is on FIRE", He can make his guitar sing.
My favorites so far for the first listen are Great Day, Did you Miss Me, Wait for You, and Bel Air Rain.
Edit: I am so loving "Underground"
The only song I really didn't care for was Time Precious Time, but overall I am so EXCITED about this new CD.
Rock On Lindsey !!!! (I so wish he was coming closer to Washington DC)
The State Theatre show in Falls Church two years ago was amazing and it was the closest he's actually come to DC since OOTC and I really hope he plays there again. As a matter of fact, in relation to the other thread I started, it'd be the perfect venue to film a show. All standing room up front so you can really see the audience moving to the music and their reactions, unlike the deadpan audience in Soundstage and the tame, seated one in Bass Hall.

The album is absolutely mind blowing if you play it on a good pair of speakers with the lights off and the volume up. You don't really get it as much with earphones, but on speakers the stereo mix does almost sound three-dimensional.

Bel Air Rain is the song of the moment for me. When that guitar kicks in and Lindsey's vocals on the chorus are soooo powerful
Old 09-16-2008, 11:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdfwiner View Post
The State Theatre show in Falls Church two years ago was amazing and it was the closest he's actually come to DC since OOTC and I really hope he plays there again. As a matter of fact, in relation to the other thread I started, it'd be the perfect venue to film a show. All standing room up front so you can really see the audience moving to the music and their reactions, unlike the deadpan audience in Soundstage and the tame, seated one in Bass Hall.

The album is absolutely mind blowing if you play it on a good pair of speakers with the lights off and the volume up. You don't really get it as much with earphones, but on speakers the stereo mix does almost sound three-dimensional.

Bel Air Rain is the song of the moment for me. When that guitar kicks in and Lindsey's vocals on the chorus are soooo powerful
I was there at the State Theater. Great show, so yes, I agree, that venue would be awesome for a recording.
Old 09-17-2008, 09:17 AM
Addicted Ledgie

From Wait For You to Gift Of The Screws the album f'n rocks. I quite like Great Day as well.

Time Precious Time, Underground and Treason all sound like they should be on Under The Skin.
Old 09-16-2008, 11:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Hmm...listened to GoS for the first time last night. Didn't like it. Listened again a bit today, still didn't like it. Then again, I'm not a big Lindsey fan. However, I have to say that I REALLY didn't like Under the Skin, so its an improvement on that.
Old 09-17-2008, 07:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie

To quote Lindsey but subbing out the word "Cycles" for "Lindsey"

This album reinforces my faith in Lindsey!!!

I freaking love this album. Under the Skin I was Eh at first, then it grew on me, then it grew off me Now other then Castaway Dreams and Down on Rodeo the rest of the album could just be thrown put for me. But I just got GOS a couple hours and have listened to it three times, individual songs more.

- Great Day is MY new favorite Lindsey song. Love Runs Deeper may be the overwhelming majority favorite and it has its own special thread along with Bel Air Rain, Great Day is whats the **** for me. Will Buckingham needs to do more writing for his dad, so we get more Great Day's and less Flying Down Junipers, treason and time precious times

- Despite what I just said right above I don't think Time Precious Time is horrible, in fact as far as his sped up guitar songs go, I prefer it to Not Too Late. Just not a highlight of this album

- I don't get what you all see in Did You Miss Me. It's my second least favorite song next to Treason. I just think its very blah and generic. Better then half of UTS but still blah.

- Wait For You is one of the few of the original GOS songs I just never downloaded, so its a brand new song for me, and WOW.

- Love Runs Deeper is not as good as Great Day but is great. The guitar work is so classic Lindsey. It reminds me of the guitar solo fromk Turn It On without his annoying Turn it On vocals.

- Lindsey has been messing with that danmed sped up guitar thing since Red Rover on SYW, and he finally perfects it here. this is By Far his best of those kinds of songs (Red Rover, Say goodbye, Try For the Sun, Not Too Late, Time Precious Time, probably others im forgetting) it's no contest. Everything about Bel Air Rain is perfection and yes it deserves that thread of its own, it's my 2nd favorite new song.

- Lindsey needs to be confronted on this Right Place to Fade bull****. Im never gonna get used to it. Ive known this one forever but its still in the upper half of the album.

- The title song is quite possibly tied with great day for best song, its just ive known GOS is great for 5 years, and only today have I been hit the greatness and freshness of Great Day so that puts it ahead.

- Underground is an OK song until the 2nd half of it and it becomes a really good song.

- Treason is the albums weak link but is better then Flying Down Juniper

My only big complaint is if you review my review he's playing all my least favorites in concert (Treason, Did You Miss Me and Time Precious Time) and omitting the 3 I freaking love (Wait For You, Bel Air Rain and Right Place to Fade) I am at least pumped that the opening song is Great day :blueblob: And I think I made the right choice not to go to any UTS shows and to go to a GOS show, since they're basically the same shows with GOS songs instead of UTS songs.

He Will Burn You Down
Old 09-18-2008, 03:37 AM
Junior Ledgie

I've listened to the album through probably around about five times now, and I love it the more I listen to it.

After being a bit disappointed with a number of the songs on UTS, I was worried the new songs on this album might not stand up compared to the older songs that have been circulating the internet for years - my fears were completely dispelled when I heard the opening track.

In my haze of admiration and enjoyment of this album, I'm tempted to say that this is my favourite work of his, with or without Fleetwood Mac. The only track I don't enjoy is 'Time Precious Time' - I skip it every time now.

This is an excellent album, which in my view fully affirms that Lindsey is indeed a genius, or a 'visionary' as he would put it.

And if Lindsey's people look at this forum.... please, please bring the tour to the UK. We would love it!
Old 09-18-2008, 08:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkeye View Post
- I don't get what you all see in Did You Miss Me. It's my second least favorite song next to Treason. I just think its very blah and generic. Better then half of UTS but still blah.
I feel the EXACT same way! I felt almost guilty for not loving "Did You Miss Me" after all the praise it got when first released, but I STILL can't get into it too much. It falls in the exact same place for me, right ahead of the exact same song. And again, still like it more than a good number of songs on UTS.

My fave on the album at this point is "Great Day". Just loving everything about it.