The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Chit Chat
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 02-02-2015, 08:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I just had an upsetting moment on looking up info online on the whereabouts of my friends wife's relative.

They have not heard from the relative in weeks.As I Googled the persons name and her obit came up on Jan 7 2015.

How sad.

This reminds me of loosing a friend that moved south to North Carolina from here 2005 I found out looking him up on Google since there was no return of emails from him for about a long time as time went by like 3 years later and found out that he got killed in a car accident in 2009.The last email I got from him was in March .He was killed on April 2009.

Stevie fan forever and ever amen.......
the Wildheart at Edge of Seventeen and the Gypsy.....

My sweet Buttons .I love you. RIP 2009 to 08/24/2016
Old 02-10-2015, 06:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I miss you guys.
Old 02-11-2015, 08:42 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by APerfectLie View Post
I miss you guys.
I still see you on twitter announcing your top 3 fave bands and noticing how Stevie always pulls one of the top spots and the other 2 revolve around your current tastes.
Old 02-11-2015, 02:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by APerfectLie View Post
I miss you guys.
Miss you too, John! One of the reasons I came back to this forum last year amidst the excitement of the forthcoming 24KG was to read your awesome input and speculations...but you were blatantly absent. Haven't heard from you much on the other social media forums either.

New job and new bf keeping you busy, huh?
Old 04-02-2015, 06:34 PM

Recently a homeless in Naples has been brutally assaulted by a group of teenagers that insulted him for being Czech, have broken both his arms and legs and killed his dog hitting it with a bar when it tried to defend the master. The whole scene was filmed by the doers, who were of wealthy upbringing, around 15 and some were girls.
This man now is completely alone and a TV program that helps human cases interviewed him and spread his story yesterday and I cried in my room. Fortunately the community of the town this man lives in has moved to help him in any possible way but I can't help wondering what is becoming of humanity nowadays.
At least there's still a bit of hope as shown by the fellow countrymen.
Old 04-02-2015, 07:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SisterNightroad View Post
Recently a homeless in Naples has been brutally assaulted by a group of teenagers that insulted him for being Czech, have broken both his arms and legs and killed his dog hitting it with a bar when it tried to defend the master. The whole scene was filmed by the doers, who were of wealthy upbringing, around 15 and some were girls.
This man now is completely alone and a TV program that helps human cases interviewed him and spread his story yesterday and I cried in my room. Fortunately the community of the town this man lives in has moved to help him in any possible way but I can't help wondering what is becoming of humanity nowadays.
Thats awful and sad.That crap happens here too.Don't get me started on parenting.
I see kids acting like animals in the stores.Nevermind the cursing at 10 years old. I like to know what happen with the no spanking thing .

When I had my storage bins years ago .They were a couple of homeless guys living in the bins they rented out at different times .Both had drinking issues.I chat with them at times when they were sober.

Old 04-03-2015, 07:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfanforever View Post
Thats awful and sad.That crap happens here
yeah, we often say that Naples is the Italian Bronx...
There are a lot of cases like this in the news everyday but what striked me the most about this is that the man wasn't even a begging hobo, he tried to support himself as he could and he was very kind and reserved.
Also the fact that they raged against the dog that was his only inseparable companion... sometimes human are the real beasts.

Quote:
Don't get me started on parenting.
I see kids acting like animals in the stores.Nevermind the cursing at 10 years old. I like to know what happen with the no spanking thing .
Sure. Parents, school and the whole community what were/are they doing?
School after parents is the most important source of personal development but school itself doesn't do anything to prevent, inform or address this issues and nobody even controls if these kids actually go to school.
And on top of it all, the attitude of the community people live and grew up in is fundamental. How many times have I heard parents and grandarents in bars or other public gatherings places They all should go away, They should return to their homeland, They steal all the jobs, We don't want them, There's nothing here for them, They are responsible for all the crimes committed etc.
I am against physical punishment butit doesn't mean that a one-time or two time slap should be on the same level of continued hitting used instead of educational measurement. The trouble is that most of the parents don't know how to be respected and explain to kids what is wrong and why without using violence but since they can't use violence they don't do anything at all.

I remember that a few years ago there was a little scandal at my high-school because a kid called my ex-teacher "whore/bitch" after she scolded him. She was the most cultured, well-read and educated teacher/person I've ever met but she was also very strict, proud and harsh (even if just) and she slapped him.
The kid put up a scene to make the principal fire her. In the end she apologized in front of the whole school.
I would never have thought that someone could ever feel justified to respond like this to a professor (nevermind her) and I would never have thought that a renowned teacher and human like her could have been fired for a kid like that.

Quote:
When I had my storage bins years ago .They were a couple of homeless guys living in the bins they rented out at different times .Both had drinking issues.I chat with them at times when they were sober.
Me and my mother always chat with an african guy that sells socks at the local mall, We even give him 1$ when we can.
Old 04-03-2015, 10:29 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SisterNightroad View Post
Millions of years of human evolution and here we are. I too feel so sad about the s**t that happens in the world sometimes.
Bad parenting and the media are to blame (kids can pretty much watch whatever they want to online these days and so few parents control the violent games their children play).

Spanking children is not the answer though.
Old 08-17-2015, 11:54 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I'm almost done completing my 5 day meal of stir fry chicken. Yesterday I sauteed the chicken and then marinated it over night in Teriyaki sauce with honey and splenda. I boiled red, yellow and green peppers yesterday as well. Right now I am sauteing 2 diced onions in olive oil while warming the mixture of the chicken and peppers with soy sauce added for flavor.I'm about to add some turmeric and some salt into the mix.I finally broke down and decided to buy an expensive wok with high sides and a nice cover to hold these large meals I love to make. The onions are ready to be combined. I wish you all could smell this amazing aroma rolling through my house. Yesterday I made my 5 day salad mixture of romaine lettuce with onions, radishes, celery, cucumbers and carrots.
Old 08-20-2015, 01:16 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivfox View Post
I'm almost done completing my 5 day meal of stir fry chicken. Yesterday I sauteed the chicken and then marinated it over night in Teriyaki sauce with honey and splenda. I boiled red, yellow and green peppers yesterday as well. Right now I am sauteing 2 diced onions in olive oil while warming the mixture of the chicken and peppers with soy sauce added for flavor.I'm about to add some turmeric and some salt into the mix.I finally broke down and decided to buy an expensive wok with high sides and a nice cover to hold these large meals I love to make. The onions are ready to be combined. I wish you all could smell this amazing aroma rolling through my house. Yesterday I made my 5 day salad mixture of romaine lettuce with onions, radishes, celery, cucumbers and carrots.
You are making me hungry Viv.That sounds so good.I have a wok from my mother somewhere here.I have to see if it still fires up.

Old 08-20-2015, 09:13 AM

Have you taken a picture of your chicken?
Seriously, someone should make a cooking/food thread.
Old 08-26-2015, 10:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Sad to hear about those two young journalists from Virginia getting shot on live TV from a ex-co-worker "Reporter" from the TV station.

Prayers and condolences to the families .

WARNING: The graphic video is in this link.

http://news.yahoo.com/cbs-journalist...30723506.html#

Old 09-01-2015, 03:27 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfanforever View Post
Sad to hear about those two young journalists from Virginia getting shot on live TV from a ex-co-worker "Reporter" from the TV station.

Prayers and condolences to the families .
America is in a bad place right now.
Old 09-13-2015, 12:04 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamnotafraid View Post
America is in a bad place right now.
I keep the news on TV off.Its so depressing.Oh Except for FM interviews on the morning shows.

I get most of my news online and to old fashion way from the radio.

Got a point there.Everywhere is at this point.

It still shocking the we us fans still go and pay a kings ransom $$$ to see FM in concert and other favorite bands and artists this day of age .

That shows them we still love them.

Old 09-13-2015, 12:18 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I found these two interesting Morton Downey Jr show episodes interesting

this first episode is with Ace Frehley, Joey Ramone on it.

This second show has JJ French from Twisted Sister.

Some of the other musical guests which I'm not familiar with since I was into country music at that time.

Look at the hair .I love the big hair era.LOL.

RIP Morty.I always enjoyed his shows.