The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Chit Chat
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 07-13-2016, 11:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Pokemon go warning.They are watching you..

Stevie fan forever and ever amen.......
the Wildheart at Edge of Seventeen and the Gypsy.....

My sweet Buttons .I love you. RIP 2009 to 08/24/2016
Old 07-16-2016, 03:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by estranged4life View Post
Going for Pharmacy Technician...and will use that and possibly start towards RN/Nursing. My body cannot tolerate the rigors of manufacturing anymore.

Right now I am dealing with major pain from my surgery...my laparoscopic cholecystectomy was performed without any numbing agent since I am allergic to the category of meds that are commonly used (When I had surgery to remove an infection from my right thumb in Dec.2015 it was performed without any numbing, just sterilize that area and start cutting - not a lot of fun).

I still do not remember talking to the blonde nurse that my wife Alisa and my sister Lesa said I spoke to in post-op...
Good for you! I have some friends who are pharmacy techs and love it.

Hope your pain issues are resolved soon.
Old 07-17-2016, 10:27 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Its getting rough here in the last couple of weeks.The property taxes are due.The AC died and got fixed,Old blue olds car needs TLC.The lawn mower need an overhaul ..Its time to take some time off online and enjoy the summer..Will I'm still alive and hit 10,000 and have a nice weekend

Stevie fan forever and ever amen.......
the Wildheart at Edge of Seventeen and the Gypsy.....

My sweet Buttons .I love you. RIP 2009 to 08/24/2016

Last edited by Macfanforever; 07-17-2016 at 10:30 AM..
Old 07-17-2016, 04:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfanforever View Post
Its getting rough here in the last couple of weeks.The property taxes are due.The AC died and got fixed,Old blue olds car needs TLC.The lawn mower need an overhaul ..Its time to take some time off online and enjoy the summer..Will I'm still alive and hit 10,000 and have a nice weekend
The big 10K !!!
Don't take too much time off.
Old 07-19-2016, 01:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie

As of today I have walked 3 miles every single day for the last 30 days. My walk always takes one hour at the least and often more as I stop to smell the roses along the way. The first day of walking I was unprepared. I went with a 16oz bottle of water and nearly died when I ran out 3/4 of the way through the walk. Luckily some construction workers pitied me and gave me a cold bottle to finish my trip with. The next day I made the water last but it got very warm along the way. By day three I was carrying a larger plastic bottle of water but it too warmed up on my trip. By the 3rd week I got a bit smarter and actually purchased a 40oz thermos and now my water stays cold the entire time and there is always plenty of it. For the first two and a half weeks my ankles were sore. I dropped 10 pounds in the first two weeks and then plateaued for the next two weeks. A few days ago I dropped another three lbs. but then the damn two pieces of garlic bread and the equally damned ramen noodles I ate over the weekend when I was too lazy to prepare something healthy added those three lbs. right back on. Losing weight is so damn frustrating. But I really do look forward to these walks. They have become the highlight of my day. I started out with my mp3 player and some four dollar headphones. Last Thursday I went to Best Buy and purchased some expensive headphones, though I decided I want an even better sounding one so I will exchange them this week. I have always been the king of "I can find a million things to do inside the house and never go out," and then the whole Summer goes by and I never actually went outside and enjoyed it. So these walks get me out there for at least one full hour a day and I am so glad I am doing that.
Old 07-23-2016, 03:16 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivfox View Post
As of today I have walked 3 miles every single day for the last 30 days. My walk always takes one hour at the least and often more as I stop to smell the roses along the way. The first day of walking I was unprepared. I went with a 16oz bottle of water and nearly died when I ran out 3/4 of the way through the walk. Luckily some construction workers pitied me and gave me a cold bottle to finish my trip with. The next day I made the water last but it got very warm along the way. By day three I was carrying a larger plastic bottle of water but it too warmed up on my trip. By the 3rd week I got a bit smarter and actually purchased a 40oz thermos and now my water stays cold the entire time and there is always plenty of it. For the first two and a half weeks my ankles were sore. I dropped 10 pounds in the first two weeks and then plateaued for the next two weeks. A few days ago I dropped another three lbs. but then the damn two pieces of garlic bread and the equally damned ramen noodles I ate over the weekend when I was too lazy to prepare something healthy added those three lbs. right back on. Losing weight is so damn frustrating. But I really do look forward to these walks. They have become the highlight of my day. I started out with my mp3 player and some four dollar headphones. Last Thursday I went to Best Buy and purchased some expensive headphones, though I decided I want an even better sounding one so I will exchange them this week. I have always been the king of "I can find a million things to do inside the house and never go out," and then the whole Summer goes by and I never actually went outside and enjoyed it. So these walks get me out there for at least one full hour a day and I am so glad I am doing that.
I enjoyed reading about your exercise. I love walking, and walk dogs for several people who can't walk them to due to age or disability.
Wishing you well with your weight loss
Old 07-23-2016, 08:07 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Good on you, keep it up & it wont be long before you start doing a little jogging.. i found this worked best for me = walk for 30 sec then jog for 30 sec working up to a 20 min work out.. I loved this daily exercise, unfortunately i stopped due to feeling pretty paranoid running alone in the national park next to our property.. Bummer cause i really enjoyed it.. lol oh yeah i also brought along a 2 drink bottles one in each hand used them like weights, so i had plenty of water if needed xD plus mp3 blearing listening to SN and FM of course..

Last edited by Aussie W/Heart; 07-23-2016 at 08:17 AM..
Old 07-24-2016, 09:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoonSister75 View Post
I enjoyed reading about your exercise. I love walking, and walk dogs for several people who can't walk them to due to age or disability.
Wishing you well with your weight loss
Thank you for your encouragement.
I hear dog walking can be a lucrative career. I hope u are getting well paid for your services.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussie W/Heart View Post
Good on you, keep it up & it wont be long before you start doing a little jogging.. i found this worked best for me = walk for 30 sec then jog for 30 sec working up to a 20 min work out.. I loved this daily exercise, unfortunately i stopped due to feeling pretty paranoid running alone in the national park next to our property.. Bummer cause i really enjoyed it.. lol oh yeah i also brought along a 2 drink bottles one in each hand used them like weights, so i had plenty of water if needed xD plus mp3 blearing listening to SN and FM of course..
There is a certain section of my walk where I must blast the latest Rhiannon from Tuscon 1980. Two days ago I started jogging as well as walking very fast. My body love it! I don't blame you for being afraid to run alone. Perhaps u can find a more public area in which to run.
Old 07-24-2016, 10:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I hear dog walking can be a lucrative career. I hope u are getting well paid for your services.

There is a certain section of my walk where I must blast the latest Rhiannon from Tuscon 1980. Two days ago I started jogging as well as walking very fast. My body love it! I don't blame you for being afraid to run alone. Perhaps u can find a more public area in which to run.
Good choice Tuscon 1980 its so awesome!! Anyway great to hear you have upped the tempo, you will be running marathons next I might give it a go again, and take all 3 of our dogs along.. Enjoy your day, xDi
Old 07-25-2016, 08:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussie W/Heart View Post
Good choice Tuscon 1980 its so awesome!! Anyway great to hear you have upped the tempo, you will be running marathons next I might give it a go again, and take all 3 of our dogs along.. Enjoy your day, xDi
Running with 3 dogs would make me feel totally safe as long as one of them was large and vicious to strangers.
Old 07-26-2016, 08:11 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Running with 3 dogs would make me feel totally safe as long as one of them was large and vicious to strangers.
We have an American bull terrier, English Staffordshire terrier and 9 month old mixture of both breeds.. they would look scary to strangers, such a nightmare trying to walk all 3 at the same time.. the last attempt i tried without wearing their leads, 5 min into our walk they heard then spotted a large kangaroo chased it then they disappeared for 20 min or so, the Roos are too fast so they are never harmed thank goodness, i gave up in the end.. lol they take themselves for walks as we don't have fences around our property..
Old 07-26-2016, 02:42 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Yes I get paid reasonably well as I'm self employed, and I do other things too like gardening and housework. It's great being my own boss, and I like the people I work for which helps.

I'll be interested to hear how things progress with the exercise. I rarely run, and usually stick to walking, but I know how good aerobic exercise is for the body - maybe I'll get into running at some point in the future.
Old 07-28-2016, 02:45 PM

I updated freely my Windows 7 to Windows 10 and I've lost all my files. I'm desperate. The most important ones that concerned documents or university obviously had been printed or saved somewhere else, but some of it was too recent and I overlooked to save it because it should have been a completely safe procedure. Like the last pictures I had with my late cat.
The other part was less important but it turns out it really isn't so. All the material concerning my hobbies, new rare bootlegs, extra material I was interested in, things I saved just because I fancied them, pictures I loved, things I wrote, written thoughts etc. are all now in the toilet. I didn't think it would have been like this. **** you Microsoft.
Old 07-28-2016, 03:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SisterNightroad View Post
I updated freely my Windows 7 to Windows 10 and I've lost all my files. I'm desperate. The most important ones that concerned documents or university obviously had been printed or saved somewhere else, but some of it was too recent and I overlooked to save it because it should have been a completely safe procedure. Like the last pictures I had with my late cat.
The other part was less important but it turns out it really isn't so. All the material concerning my hobbies, new rare bootlegs, extra material I was interested in, things I saved just because I fancied them, pictures I loved, things I wrote, written thoughts etc. are all now in the toilet. I didn't think it would have been like this. **** you Microsoft.
Oh, so sorry to hear that...nightmare. First thing in the morning I'm going to back up everything I have.
Old 07-29-2016, 03:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuzzyPlum View Post
Oh, so sorry to hear that...nightmare. First thing in the morning I'm going to back up everything I have.
Yeah, I almost had an heart attack. I took it to an engineer, if everything comes back my parents said will give me an external memory as a gift.