User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 08-30-2011, 12:42 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default [another] RS interview

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/ne...-year-20110830

Lindsey Buckingham: Fleetwood Mac Will Return Next Year'I wouldn't be shocked if it was a tour and possibly an album,' he says

Comment0
By ANDY GREENE
AUGUST 30, 2011 12:40 PM ET

Lindsey Buckingham
Eric Charbonneau/WireImage
"Working in a band is a lot like what I imagine making movies is like," says Lindsey Buckingham. "It's political and it takes a lot of verbalization to get from point A to point B. When I work alone, it's more like painting. You are one with the canvas and it's a subconscious, meditative process."

Recording his new disc Seeds We Sow (out September 6th on his own label) in his home studio, Buckingham really worked alone: producing, engineering, singing and playing nearly every instrument. "Most days I'd wake up, have my coffee, do my crossword puzzle and get i there by 10:30 a.m.," he tells Rolling Stone. "And work through dinnertime. I didn't come up for air unless I had to."

Buckingham says that he didn't begin consciously writing the songs on Seeds We Sow with any sort of a theme in mind, but he finished the disc he discovered a common thread running through his lyrics. "The songs are all about the accumulation of choices that we make everyday and the karmic part of that – which is where the title Seeds We Sow comes from," he says. "In my own life I've made a lot of choices that weren't always popular with people around me. Only in the last few years have I been able to look at them with the perspective of time." (The only non-original track on the album is the Rolling Stones 1967 deep cut "She Smiled Sweetly.")

Buckingham is kicking off a 50-date theater tour this fall, mixing songs from the new disc, hits and lesser-known gems from his career. "People would probably run me out on a rail if I didn't do a few Fleetwood Mac songs," he says. "We'll do 'Big Love,' 'Never Going Back Again,' 'Tusk' and we gotta do 'Go Your Own Way.' That's about it though."

And Fleetwood Mac are likely to hit the road again next year. "We're doing something for sure," Buckingham says. "I wouldn't be shocked if it was a tour and possibly an album. We'll have to wait and see though. Nothing is on the books right now. With Fleetwood Mac, there's a lot of landmines out there politically and it's hard to get everybody on the same page at the same time – but I think this might be one of those years where everyone will want to do the same thing. Whatever that is."

In addition to a tour, Fleetwood Mac fans have been long hoping that Lindsey and Stevie's 1973 LP Buckingham Nicks eventually will be released on CD. "We keep talking about that," says Buckingham. "It's been a victim of inertia. It's funny, I spent a lot of time with Stevie this year when she was finishing her album and we were getting along great. We have every intention of putting that album back out and possible even doing something along with it, but I can't put any specifics on that."

Might they possibly tour as a duo again? "I think that would be great!" says Buckingham. "I wouldn't anything other than speculation at this point, but I think it would be tremendous fun and a different kind of thing for both of us. And it would certainly be something circular in that we'd be meeting up right where we started."
Old 08-30-2011, 12:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Disciplined

"Most days I'd wake up, have my coffee, do my crossword puzzle and get there by 10:30 a.m.,"

A very disciplined approach - doesn't surprise me. However, I did not know he did a daily crossword puzzle.
Old 08-30-2011, 12:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie

"do my crossword puzzle."

Oh, he really is a dad.

Michele
Old 08-30-2011, 12:54 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Must be fun when a Fleetwood Mac clue comes up in the crossword. Half the times, he probably doesn't even know the answer.

Michele
Old 08-30-2011, 01:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Thumbs up Awesome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
Buckingham is kicking off a 50-date theater tour this fall, mixing songs from the new disc, hits and lesser-known gems from his career. "People would probably run me out on a rail if I didn't do a few Fleetwood Mac songs," he says. "We'll do 'Big Love,' 'Never Going Back Again,' 'Tusk' and we gotta do 'Go Your Own Way.' That's about it though."
Of COURSE he does a crossword puzzle, that's where he gets his freaky vocab. LOL

50 city tour!! Okay, I need a full tour date listing. Can anyone do that? Including the UK dates too!! Pretty please!!

Okay 4 FM songs leaves how many....15 or something that are solo? And ain't NOBODY on this board gonna go off the rails if he doesn't do any of those.

I will not be going to see FM in concert again unless they record a new album.

This was a FANTASTIC article!! Lots of great tidbits! Thanks for posting.
Old 08-30-2011, 01:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by wondergirl9847 View Post
Of COURSE he does a crossword puzzle, that's where he gets his freaky vocab. LOL

50 city tour!! Okay, I need a full tour date listing. Can anyone do that? Including the UK dates too!! Pretty please!!

Okay 4 FM songs leaves how many....15 or something that are solo? And ain't NOBODY on this board gonna go off the rails if he doesn't do any of those.

I will not be going to see FM in concert again unless they record a new album.

This was a FANTASTIC article!! Lots of great tidbits! Thanks for posting.
Agreed, but I would prefer "Second Hand News" over "Big Love." I hope he keeps it in the set!

I can't believe the album is out in a week!!!!!!!
Old 08-30-2011, 01:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by AliceLover View Post
Agreed, but I would prefer "Second Hand News" over "Big Love." I hope he keeps it in the set!

I can't believe the album is out in a week!!!!!!!
yeah, i was sorry to see SHN go too when i read the list of 4. i do think he does have to do those 4 though, or maybe replace NGBA w/ SHN (which i thought was actually good at Saban, although it has not been that great recently).
Old 08-30-2011, 01:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
yeah, i was sorry to see SHN go too when i read the list of 4. i do think he does have to do those 4 though, or maybe replace NGBA w/ SHN (which i thought was actually good at Saban, although it has not been that great recently).
I bet he'll still do it, probably forgetting that one. I just cannot see him leaving it out. Here's what I want to make the set:

That's the Way Love Goes
Turn it On
Tusk
Rock Away Blind
Shut us Down
All My Sorrows
Old 08-30-2011, 01:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie

He could drop any and all FM songs and do a completely solo-Lindsey show and I'd have nothing but warm words for him.

I'm glad that his attitude is to do as many solo things as possible and only keep the bare minimum of FM in. He's got so much to pick from in his solo catalogue and I don't think he exploits it well enough.
Old 08-30-2011, 02:03 PM
Senior Ledgie

Why does Rolling Stone have to make the article about Fleetwood Mac, when clearly he was doing promo for his new album. Really obnoxious.

Billboard: Have you ever wished you could just be Lindsey Buckingham?

LB: It would certainly make things a lot easier.
Old 08-30-2011, 02:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeepingWall View Post
Why does Rolling Stone have to make the article about Fleetwood Mac, when clearly he was doing promo for his new album. Really obnoxious.

Because more people will probably read it and/or recognize who Lindsey is...

I'm glad to hear he'll be doing a lot of his solo stuff. Hopefully lots from Seeds We Sow, too!

BN will be released and they'll do something as a duo the same day that the Rhiannon movie comes out and Christine goes back on the road with Fleetwood Mac. Unless the fates are kind, and want to make it a reality for me ..
Old 08-30-2011, 03:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildHearted View Post
Because more people will probably read it and/or recognize who Lindsey is...

I'm glad to hear he'll be doing a lot of his solo stuff. Hopefully lots from Seeds We Sow, too!
yeah, there were hundreds of tweets to the article within few hrs today - that did not happen with the other similar articles in recent days when FM was not mentioned.

he said 8 or 9 new songs. from what we heard so far, i'd like to hear these:
Seeds we sow
In our own time
Illumination
That's the way love goes
Rock away blind
One take
Gone too far
End of time
She smiled sweetly
but i'm sure he'll do Stars are crazy...

of the older solo songs, i want to hear more GoS songs (preferably ones he didn't do during GoS tour - RPTF, Wait for you, Underground) and OOTC songs (would go nicely w/ Gone too far it seems) - Turn it on should stay, but also You do or you don't would be nice.
Old 08-30-2011, 03:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
he said 8 or 9 new songs. from what we heard so far, i'd like to hear these:
Seeds we sow
In our own time
Illumination
That's the way love goes
Rock away blind
One take
Gone too far
End of time
She smiled sweetly
but i'm sure he'll do Stars are crazy...

of the older solo songs, i want to hear more GoS songs (preferably ones he didn't do during GoS tour - RPTF, Wait for you, Underground) and OOTC songs (would go nicely w/ Gone too far it seems) - Turn it on should stay, but also You do or you don't would be nice.
That's a fantastic list. I want a little more Go Insane myself. He can modernize the arrangements as he sees fit, because I usually adore how he changes things from studio-to-live. But for goodness sakes can I just hear "Slow Dancing" at some point in the live capacity? I am not asking too much am I? Probably am, but still LB, do it please!

"Reality leaves a lot to the imagination." ~ JL
Old 08-30-2011, 04:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nico View Post
That's a fantastic list. I want a little more Go Insane myself. He can modernize the arrangements as he sees fit, because I usually adore how he changes things from studio-to-live. But for goodness sakes can I just hear "Slow Dancing" at some point in the live capacity? I am not asking too much am I? Probably am, but still LB, do it please!
You're going to the Lorain show, right? I say me and you just start screaming "SLOW DANCING!" as soon as he comes on stage. How could he say no to that?

But in all seriousness I would be more than happy if he ditched the FM songs and just did a couple more songs from each album. I haven't really listened to much of OOTC, UTS and GoS, so I need to get on that!

Last edited by caroline79; 08-30-2011 at 04:53 PM..
Old 08-30-2011, 04:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeepingWall View Post

He IS Lindsey Buckingham. No one knows who he is.

Michele